Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2024 at 10:51 PM
Default Difficulties finding ITUN files for social interactions
Hello! I wanted to make a simple tuning mod, more specifically making a few romantic and mean interactions non autonomous (because I don't want my sims to randomly make out or insult each other).

I understand the basics of tuning modding I suppose, and changing the autonomy of interactions shouldn't be too complicated.

However, I have difficulties finding the ITUN files for social interactions (for example kiss or hug). I looked through the Gameplaydata.package but couldn't find them? I found a XML file called Socializing though, and the interactions were listed there. I cannot change the autonomy there though so this may not be the correct solution.

I know you can use NRaas Retuner for it but I would prefer making my own mod if possible since I only want to change a few interactions.

Does anyone know where to find the needed files? I would greatly appreciate it!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th May 2024 at 1:33 AM
Hi, me again

Unfortunately, ITUN are restricted to the interactions that were intentionally marked tunable in the code- meaning the existence of interactions to ITUN isn't 1:1.
Most socials are actually in the SocialData XMLs, which I believe Retuner actually cannot reach (otherwise, Retuner is quite helpful in that you usually learn the original path for the tuning in the process of applying it).

Each entry in the SocialData has a <Available auto="True" udo="False" /> tag for autonomy.
It's safe to make your own override for this file, just note that because it's one master file the chance of conflicting with a mod that already happens to use it is incredibly high. Luckily, it is the kind of conflict that Delphy's Dashboard can detect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2024 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Hi, me again

Unfortunately, ITUN are restricted to the interactions that were intentionally marked tunable in the code- meaning the existence of interactions to ITUN isn't 1:1.
Most socials are actually in the SocialData XMLs, which I believe Retuner actually cannot reach (otherwise, Retuner is quite helpful in that you usually learn the original path for the tuning in the process of applying it).

Each entry in the SocialData has a <Available auto="True" udo="False" /> tag for autonomy.
It's safe to make your own override for this file, just note that because it's one master file the chance of conflicting with a mod that already happens to use it is incredibly high. Luckily, it is the kind of conflict that Delphy's Dashboard can detect.

Thank you, that helped a lot!