Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:57 PM
Default Unicorns! The newest creature (probably)!
So we now know the creature/occult is the unicorn. Well, we don't know for sure, but a look at the game files certainly suggests it. I suggest we share information about unicorns in the sims 3, because they are certainly a subject of much interest. I have looked at the DeltaBuild0, and numerous lines refer to adopting a unicorn, inviting unicorns, being cursed, blessed, or cured by unicorns. This is all I know. Please share what you know or speculate.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:58 PM
Unicorns are incendiary devices.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Theorist
#3 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:21 PM
I hope we can put the unicorns in dresses and make them pink and pretty! Oh and put make up on the unicorns and make them pink and girly! Also I'd like to brush the tail and give them wings so that they can fly away! And when my sim rides the Unicorn I want it to fly over a rainbow and leave a rainbow trail behind it and sparkles and glitter and I want the eyes to shine! I really want unicorns so badly...
But seriously though, I'm glad it's not werewolves although they probably will come later, but in my opinion I don't want to have a Twilight World with Vampires fighting Werewolves and a silly human falling in love with a vampire. And as much as the fan of True Blood that I am, I wouldn't want my sim woohooing a vampire and then woohooing a shape shifter and having a ghost baby and running around from vampires and werewolves..All in all, I'm glad there's something different, thats my speculation! lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
I have looked at the DeltaBuild0, and numerous lines refer to adopting a unicorn, inviting unicorns, being cursed, blessed, or cured by unicorns. This is all I know. Please share what you know or speculate.

Will unicorns be able to cure the Romance Reputation curse? If not, then they need to add a Hunting skill along with the unicorns.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
#5 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 11:09 PM
I can live without Unicorns. They belong on puffy stickers for 8 year old kids, not in my game.
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
I can live without Unicorns. They belong on puffy stickers for 8 year old kids, not in my game.

I lknow boys are rare for the sims 3 but unicorns?? I'd rather have something that appeals to all ages and sex. I mean turning into animals would be funky, hey we can turn imaginary friends into sims so why not sims into pets huh
Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 11:53 PM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 27th Jul 2011 at 12:08 AM.
I am a boy. I like unicorns. They are like narwhals that can kill you with their hooves.

And boys LOVE narwhals.

Edit: Apologies. I am a MAN. *chest thump*

Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:00 AM
Yeah, anyone that doesn't like pink frilly cheesy things will be left out (including this chick). I seriously don't want this frilly prissy crap in my game!

No glitter, no rainbows, no pink, no unicorns!
Scholar
#9 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:00 AM
Knowing EA, it's just a white horse with a horn, which is NOT] what a unicorn looks like. I also hope they bite.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:05 AM Last edited by severedsolo : 27th Jul 2011 at 12:18 AM.
I'm with kiwi on this. I hesitate to call myself a boy, being in my mid 20's (god it makes me feel old to put it like that....) but I am certainly male. I have no problem with unicorns as long as they can be customised. I'm thinking Fiery Stallion of Death that can gore other Sims...

Of course it won't actually be like that, but meh. As long as I can customise it, I'll be happy. If not I'll just avoid it, like I do 90% of the other supernaturals.

Anyway, have you looked at the IF's recently? They are hardly "manly"

Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Knowing EA, it's just a white horse with a horn, which is NOT] what a unicorn looks like.

Considering Unicorns are mythical creatures... it would be a bit difficult to pin down exactly what one looks like. Unless we manage to capture one for "research" purposes of course. Unfortunately, virgins are hard to come by these days.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Retired
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:06 AM
Did I mention it sets fire to things? Did I mention it's a narwhal with feet?

I hope all the horses can bite Sims. ^_^

Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:12 AM
Unicorns are effortless to make. Just add a horn, some buffs and sparkles, and you're all set!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:18 AM
Yeah, I want a badass Unicorn. Mine will not be girly (I hate pink), so I want to make mine look deadly. I have always wanted a Unicorn when I was little, just not a pink one.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:29 AM
This EP is supposed to be coming out in October, yes?
October = Halloween..
Halloween = Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts, Witches... WTF part of Halloween = Unicorns...?

UnICorNS???!!
*GAAAHHH!*

so lame...
Even if they do breath fire..

Go suck an elf...
Retired
retired moderator
#15 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:38 AM
Perhaps they're Ghoulish Unicorn Witches (from... ...Space!)?

Maybe it's a typo. Maybe we're actually getting Unicron.

Edit: Not that Unicron is very halloween-y. But maybe if you think of him as like a giant floating space jack'o lantern made out of steel?

Field Researcher
#16 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
October = Halloween..
Halloween = Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts, Witches... WTF part of Halloween = Unicorns...?

UnICorNS???!!
*GAAAHHH!*

so lame...

I still have hope that maybe the Unicorn is just the occult for the *pets*, and that the Sims will have their own occult too. I hope it's witches. The witches could summon the unicorns and have them bless and curse people. EA could be really awesome and give us something other than the frilly pink Unicorns galloping over the rainbow. Please EA, give us something that isn't stupid...
Scholar
#17 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 12:47 AM
So much unicorn hate. =(

Unicorns are so much cooler than the tired and boring generic creatures like vampires and werewolves. And no, I'm not tired of them because of Twilight, I was tired of them long before that came around.

Unicorns just make more sense. We get an animal creature in the Pets EP. It makes much more sense than werewolves.

Unicorns are cool. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has it in them, and that's a huge fad on the internet right now. =P

I'll take "childish" over flat out boring anyday.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#18 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Unicorns just make more sense.

...incorrect...

TBF, all the creatures make about as much sense as each other

Unicorns..

Go suck an elf...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 1:07 AM
I don't think unicorns are necessarily boring or girly anyway. Harry Potter unicorns, anybody? Yeah? I didn't find them boring or girly, in fact, one might say they were pretty BA, what right their life-lengthening but also life-cursing silver blood.

And why do people keep mentioning pink and frills .... Unicorns are neither pink nor frilly.

edit: Just, before it's said: Yes, I know unicorns are generally associated with girls. I've noticed that those sorts of associations are usually rather inaccurate though.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 1:56 AM
Unicorns are evil....They impale your stomach in your sleep and eat human eyeballs.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
Considering Unicorns are mythical creatures... it would be a bit difficult to pin down exactly what one looks like. Unless we manage to capture one for "research" purposes of course. Unfortunately, virgins are hard to come by these days.

I can help you with that... Although, do they needs a male or a female virgin? If male its fine, but if otherwise I dint think I can make a convincing cross-dresser.

Also: How cant you guys not expect this? This is an expansion with HORSES! Its a new thing. So naturally they would pimp out horses as a creature. Although to be honest I was expecting something more like pegasus or centaurs.
#22 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:02 AM
They need to have an NPC unicorn called Charlie.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:19 AM
October = Halloween..

UnICorNS???!!
*GAAAHHH!*

so lame...

Halloween marks the beginning of the traditional unicorn hunting season. Yay for the new Hunting skill!

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
#24 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:26 AM
...incorrect...

TBF, all the creatures make about as much sense as each other

Unicorns..

No, I'm not incorrect. They make sense as in, in an EP focusing on animals, the creature is for an animal as opposed to a Sim.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:41 AM
You can look in the games files, but that doesn't actually confirm this to be real or fake. We all know how EA likes to "rip" things from the game beforehand. So Perhaps EA may not consider finishing the unicorns in general. Only time can really tell at this point.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Page 1 of 11