Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 4:52 PM
Default Merola's painting?
Now this has me wondering, I use it as one of the most essential hacks in my game, if not the one - but with the new meter, it won't work will it? I mean it was fine with Pets, but now that things are changing it is highly likely we won't have it anymore.
Anyone thought of this?
Advertisement
#2 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 4:57 PM
Which 'new meter' do you mean?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 5:05 PM
You need to remove all hacks before installing any EP. Then check back with the creator to see if they need an update:

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=86959

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 6:22 PM
I know all the rules, after all I have all EPs and stuff packs. But Merola hasn't updated her things in a very, very long time, even though this last summer I believe there was talk of this.

I understood there would be a new meter for cold, or feeling in regards to weather. That won't work with the painting I fear (if I understood the talk on the forums correctly). That'll drive me insane, I am so used to it.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 3:27 AM
We'll see what works and what doesn't very soon - there's a sticky thread here for an ongoing list.

There's no real point in worrying about stuff like that until we see what happens There are also now a number of items that do the same things as the paintings - made by people who are still actively creating. I'm sure there will be something that works should the current versions stop working.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 4:00 PM
Merola's a bloke, by the way. His name is M.Erola

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 5:39 PM
Ooops, for years I thought it was a she. Thanks! Bad me. And thanks for all the info, I guess I am just hyper over that painting, I love it.
#8 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 5:44 PM
I bet it will still work, it just won't effect the sim's temperature. So while you can max all their other needs, you'll still have to be sure they don't get too hot or cold.
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:48 PM
this hack works just fine as it does with all the ep's i have it and use it. its my god with having a garden, kids, pets, and a job.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 4:01 PM
I haven't had any trouble with it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 6:26 PM
I have used the painting with no issues in Seasons -- I also have Pets, Open for Business, Nightlife, University and Family Fun Stuff -- and I have used it to get jobs, max motives, age and un-age sims, I think about everything except change name.

As far as I can tell, this painting still works.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:46 PM
Yup, it does. Thank Eru and Merola, for that! It is the one item I can't live without. But it keeps surviving somehow :D