Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 3:53 PM
Default Hazel trees/shrubs for TS2?
I've tried googling but got ambiguous results not related to trees.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Feb 2023 at 8:44 PM
I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but seeing as you've had no other replies: I was looking for some fences I used to have the other day, by Ermelind at Simscollage, and realised the site is gone. It struck me then that that's also where I once downloaded lots of garden stuff, including a hazel. I don't have any of my old Simscollage files, but I'm sure someone must have - usually easier to find what you're looking for if you know where they used to be found.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 10:43 PM
@AnMal you were right, I found the link: https://web.archive.org/web/2021120...esche/index.php

But sadly the download doesn't work . Does anyone here still have some stuff from Ermelind?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 11:13 PM
There's a witchhazel plant at plumbobkeep in their Spice of Life - Ultimate Herb, Spice, & Wildflower Set. It looks like this: witchhazel preview
And in their An Apple a Day...Ultimate Fruit Collection they made some tree nuts, including hazelnuts, along with custom spawners.

Sorry I can't help with Ermelind's stuff, but I hope this option helps.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 7:19 PM
In my CC archive I have some trees and shrubs by Ermelind, including a hazelnut bush (HaselnussStrauch)! I can zip them and and reupload them to SFS.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 7:29 PM
@Monsieur_Oshima that would be great! TIA! (tagging @vegan_kaktus as well)
If you have more CCs by Simscollage, please upload those as well.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Mar 2023 at 9:05 PM
Turns out that I had more of Ermelind's files scattered in my folders, including fences, deco roofs, a composter, and fountains. I gathered them and included preview pictures when I could find them:
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3706231/
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
Turns out that I had more of Ermelind's files scattered in my folders, including fences, deco roofs, a composter, and fountains. I gathered them and included preview pictures when I could find them:
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/3706231/

I am so confused. I downloaded the file and there are Collection files in here. Are these Sims 2 or Sims 3? Because they both have "packages" but I don't think Sims 2 had collections.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 8:02 PM
They look like TS2 files to me. Judging by the date, they're definitely TS2 (they're from around 2008, and TS3 didn't come out until 2009).

Quote: Originally posted by FrancesWeyr
I am so confused. I downloaded the file and there are Collection files in here. Are these Sims 2 or Sims 3? Because they both have "packages" but I don't think Sims 2 had collections.

Sims 2 has collections ingame, and you can download collection files (these are just files that refer to the CC items and their placement in the collection - you also need to download the CC). You can find them in the build/buy menu. CAS also has collections. These files are small "package" files.

The original items from various packs are available as collections ingame (separeted by packs, more or less complete), which is handy if you need to find an item from there.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
They look like TS2 files to me. Judging by the date, they're definitely TS2 (they're from around 2008, and TS3 didn't come out until 2009).

Well, this is embarrassing. I must have had a senior moment and forgot to check the dates. The accompanying text file mentioned Sims 3 downloads. Maybe they used a generic file for both games? And I KNOW there are collections. Total brain fart!

I was not having a good day and got rattled after I put the folder in my downloads and then my game wouldn’t start. You’d think they could have come up with some variation in the file extension for 2, 3, and 4. It is just too easy to get package files mixed up. I never did figure out what Sims 2 was mad about, but I got it going again and have spent the last few hours culling my downloads folder and reinstalling it in small batches.

Sorry. Thank you for being patient
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 4:00 AM
TS2/3/4 all use the Package extension, but the files for one game won't work in the other games. If you try to use them in the wrong game, it can sometimes cause the game to not start (or crashing), likely because the game can't read past the files. TS3 and TS4 seem to be more likely to do this.

If your game won't start, it could be something as simple as the cache files needing deleting, though.

If you're ever unsure about the files, you can open them up in any program that's meant to handle them (TS3 files in S3PE or TSRW, TS4 files in S4Studio or S4PE, TS2 in SimPE or pretty much any other program that deals with editing TS2 files). If the files open, it's the correct format for that program/game. If you get an error, it's most likely for the wrong program/game. Handy "hack" to know if you've got unknown package files and your game isn't happy about them.