Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 7:21 PM
Unable to see list of Objects in SimPE Object workshop
Hi everyone,
I am a complete beginner at modding and messing wish meshes. I just downloaded the newest SimPE version from the SFS linked in one of the creating for beginner threads on here. When I opened Object Workshop in SimPE no items appear anywhere. I tried restarting SimPE but that didn't work. I also searched up a few things but I couldn't find anyone who had a similar issue to me. Could it be that my sims 2 version is the online download from OSAB (as my new laptop doesn't have a CD slot for my discs) is not in the path directory that SimPE is using to find the meshes in the game? I am looking to export 2 basegame meshes into Milkshape. Below I attached an image of what my screen looks like in SimPE. Thank you for your help
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 7:48 PM
Make sure you've set everything up in the Preferences - set up the proper paths to your game so SimPE finds the files, and tick the games you want to show up ("System Folders" and "File Table" in Extra --> Preferences)

Also tick "advanced mode" (fewer headache-inducing issues when working with OBJ meshes), and you'll probably also want to download and set up the Nvidia DDS utilities for recoloring.
(can be a bit difficult to find, there's a download link here: https://www.simfileshare.net/download/2150240/ - install, then paste the path to it in simPE)