Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 9:46 PM
Default Is there a way?
I'm just wondering if there is a way or even a program out there that can un-package a .world file so it can be edited in Create a world?

I'm asking b/c I've downloaded and installed a world from TS3 Exchange that I really like however I wold like to add a few more lots to it.

I've copied the . world file to the Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds location but b/c it's a packaged world I can't open it.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 9:58 PM
As far as I know, there's nothing like that (yet). You can ask the creator of the world for their CAW world file. Or you can wait for Ambitions to come out, since that will allow you to add new lots.

We have a CAW forum in the Create section, btw, where you can get info on issues like this http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=616
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 10:04 PM Last edited by se84 : 14th Apr 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Srikandi, Thank you!

I was thinking if there was not a way then I would contact the creator.

By the way I did not know the Ambitions EP will allow us to do that! Thats awesome... :D