Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#851 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 11:48 PM
So simple and still so sweaty...

20 Minute 'Step To the Beat' Workout [LOW IMPACT //Standing HIIT]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7H...SsN6g3B&index=1

This workout doesn't require any equipment. Just show up and do what you can.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#852 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 5:58 PM
Waiting on some packages.

Also, it's been an interesting Wednesday. I don't know what is causing me to burp so much. I haven't had anything carbonated in a while.

I am currently caring for my mom, who has vertigo.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#853 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 9:17 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 7th Mar 2024 at 7:56 PM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
Still waiting on some packages.

The posted window said it would be here between the 6th and the 12th.

Something's not budging.

I have a dental appointment today. I should probably brush my teeth before leaving.

Update: I have a surgery on August 9th to fix my mouth.

Also seasons 7&8 of the Simpsons will be here Tuesday.

I also have a fasting blood draw and specimen collection gear to pick up for the endocrinologist department.

I have a busy summer ahead.

And in memoriam of Backyardigans creator, Janice Burgess, I will be watching some old episodes of The Backyardigans (remember, I am the type to watch young children's TV and see if the lessons or cultural significance\value is worth the time and it was.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#854 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 7:10 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 8th Mar 2024 at 7:24 PM. Reason: Addendum, Grammatical and Correction
Well, sadly, for my fellow Japanese pop culture fans, acclaimed manga author, Akira Toriyama, who created the "Dragon Ball" universe, passed away last week from an acute subdural hematoma. He was 68.

For those on social media, there has been an outpouring of tributes to Toriyama's legacy. Worst part is he was in the middle of work on various "Dragon Ball" universe related projects.

While I wasn't much of a "Dragon Ball" universe fan, I still should respect a legendary writer of stories.

With that in mind, I am just going to be hearing debates about characters, powers, story arcs for a while.

Update: My box sets of The Simpsons Season 7 & 8 to go with Season 9 came in. So far, I have seen the second half of "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" Right now I have three seasons of material to go through.

Mad Poster
#855 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 7:12 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Mar 2024 at 9:38 AM.
Trying out new board games with mom and the kids... yeah, not going great. Mom listens with barely half an ear to the game rules, youngest is probably a bit too young for that particular game so maybe not quite in her ballpark yet. The only one who understands is the older kid. But the game needs everyone to understand the game rules, since there's a "traitor" role where that person has some extra tasks, and you're supposed to find that person based on how they behave.

Plus, I sometimes struggle with wrapping my head around instructions (if I have some time to read and figure things out, it's usually fine, but passing on instructions to others is even worse. Trying to pass on a booklet of game rules to two kids, plus an adult with the general attention span, patience and listening skills of a toddler - and I'm not joking, she kept wandering off or getting distracted in the middle of explaining, so I had to repeat things at least 3 times, and mostly got empty stares in return... Lets just say I needed a liedown afterward . Mom normally isn't too eager on board games, especially if they get too complicated - and I get it, not everyone is. Still, she was the one who wanted to test it out ).
Theorist
#856 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 2:31 PM
European TikToker’s Are Fighting American’s Over Their GROCERIES…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQs3D0tdSDs

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#857 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 4:54 PM
Man, I hate Daylight Savings Time.

Drivers hate it.
Dairy farmers hate it.
Cardiology patients hate it.
Office workers hate it.

One lost hour and we're rewarded with an economic event. (i.e. a sale in retail)

In all honesty, we should do away with it. Arizona is like "Why bother?

Today, I bought a wall mounted style toilet paper holder (for the past 8 years, there was a free standing one I got tripped up on.) through Amazon and it should be here tomorrow. Just more sweat equity.

Theorist
#858 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 8:15 PM
Croatia (my country) doesn't want to abandon DST because they have opposing thoughts with the neighboring country, Slovenia, over what permanent time to choose. Croatia would prefer the summer time because their economy is based on summer tourism (beaches, seaside, etc.). Slovenia on the other hand wants the winter time because their tourism is based on skiing and other winter activities. What's the compromise? To leave DST as-is.

How about a compromise that each country picks their own preferred permanent time so that there's still absurdity to talk about (i.e. one country having offset time from all its neighbors), but at the same time that the people don't wind their clocks back and forth every few months over a protocapitalistic economy concept?!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#859 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 7:26 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 12th Mar 2024 at 1:46 AM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
I had trouble yesterday due to dealing what seemed to be the lag from a lost hour.

I have been working on a book for those who might find my life funny.

Also, currently working from my phone as the power went out due to wind and fallen branches, but I have 5G access, so I can't do anything sim related.

This time around, I am guilty of the celebrity sin, this time with Jim Carrey. I know we're opposites in reality...but the fact I can let my guard down at night and unwind is pretty much enjoyable.

The power was out for about 7 hours and my battery on my phone died on me. I was seriously going through withdrawal.

At least I got to draw my feelings in my private sketchbook.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#860 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 7:07 AM
I got up and started working on a Keep, Donate, Trash declutter marathon.

My bureaus are ⅓ lighter. My old jackets are going through the shredder. But I have a skinny tie collection...I rarely wore them. Maybe I will keep a few and donate the rest to whoever want the Y2K style.

I'm also doing laundry because it got backed up after a long time.

Scholar
#861 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 10:17 AM
I found more music to obsess over
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#862 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 5:55 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#863 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 10:03 PM
Did laundry, dishes, recycling and made my bed as well.

For now, I have to calm down for my appointment tomorrow.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#864 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 3:59 AM
I had to do the dishes every 30 minutes to appease my mother's demands...along with me picking up her dropped things.

The fact her vertigo hasn't subsided yet had grinded our personalities against each other and some of the smallest noises and gestures are making us end up at each other's throats.

Today, therapy was, at best, the same soul-sucking feeling that left me emotionally drained.

But I started work on, in terms of elements, a semi-autobiographical, semi-science fiction novel...

(some elements are based on my life and some are based on my vision of what I dream of my future. A shameless self insert, but I have been known to be unforgettable and who am I to deny public opinion when I get told such a ego boost?)

...about a young woman who recently adjusted to life after her paternal grandfather, her remaining grandparent, passed away 5 days after his 100th birthday and her family of droids, her lover, an android who is a comedian and a mess of droid kids named after the letters of the Greek alphabet, including 3 that were phased out over the centuries (I am a linguist, so it interests me.)

Either way, the reason she isn't married, for those wondering, is because of a technical issue involving humans and robots beyond biology: robots can't legally marry due to programming and personhood status. Either way, it will be mentioned in the book.

Today was tiring for me. I have got to find a way to relax while my mom is laid up. She is waiting for her vertigo to subside in order to return to work.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#865 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 9:14 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th Mar 2024 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Addendums and Clarity
I had a bad day. My order for take out was screwed up completely. I wanted to be honest and leave a negative review for putting sour cream and guacamole right next to my chicken quesadilla, which was more chicken than cheese and the tortilla was dried out.

Right now I am doing the old life boat exercises Microsoft was famous for.

The life boat exercise is where you cut costs by throwing out the least necessary items in this case.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#866 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 9:26 PM
I really want mom to go back to work. We are on edge and about to go off the Crazy Train rails at this point.

Also, I have been reminiscing about times I was in charge of the house for the weekend. I miss having the house to myself that long.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#867 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 8:01 PM
Today is a day for redemption.

My mom has me working at the sink to make up for lost work time on my chores.

Still, it didn't hurt to know that I could get the full payment back...

Scholar
#868 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 10:32 PM
@simsample That's always a dangerous question to ask me

Today was ideal weather for hanging and or putting stuff at the window- cold, dry, and sunny. It was great until all my pillows fell out the window and landed somewhere in the garden. I was impressed because they only missed the plant pot by a few centimetres
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#869 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:56 AM
I got about 80% of my money for dish duty, now I can pay off that debt and break even with a positive balance.

Either way, today was more amicable between me and my mom.

Theorist
#870 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 11:42 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 17th Mar 2024 at 1:46 PM.
Dear CVS,

It has been a long week dealing with chuckleheads.

If you know a cure for epilepsy in dogs, every pet owner that has to deal with this problem along with their veterinarians would love to hear it. If you don't, you need to cut the crap with treating owners of said pets like drug dealers when all they want to do is prevent seizures or in my case, cluster seizures which if not dealt with via medication can kill a dog.

If you really want to go this route, instead of giving me the stink eye like I'm running around selling stuff, I could provide you copies of Chica's records showing that I'm not making this problem up. Since I'm supposed to have a couple extra pills on hand should seizures happen and since you insist that I must have them for nefarious reasons, I'm going to start having her meds filled at the vets office. They thought they were making my life easier by saving me a trip which I appreciate, but I don't need this bullshit every time I need Chica's meds refilled.

You know what you can do with your overlord attitude, CVS....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#871 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 3:17 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Mar 2024 at 1:27 PM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
I am trying my hardest and it's mid-month. Really tired of the feeling that I have about 2 more weeks to go before my next paycheck. I couldn't seem to stay happy because my parents kept harassing me with the same taunt "worst roommate EVER!" I absolutely hate that. And my father was singing parodies so terrible, they ruined the original song.

I also had a doctor's appointment today, so with that in mind, I felt very angry. Mainly because I was trapped in the car with my dad as my mom is still undergoing vertigo treatments.

Unfortunately, family therapy is not an option in my household.

So yes! I'm not okay and that's okay!

Update: It's past midnight and I am an unwilling participant in a rousing game of "Wake the Neighbor".

Update 2: My dad is having chest and arm troubles...that was the paramedics waking me up. My mom is going with him and will keep me posted. This is going to be a long night...

Update 3: Dad is now home and resting.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#872 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 9:39 AM
Oh no @PANDAQUEEN I hope your dad is okay! Please pass on best wishes for a speedy recovery from me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#873 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Oh no @PANDAQUEEN I hope your dad is okay! Please pass on best wishes for a speedy recovery from me.

Will do!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#874 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 10:09 PM
My father is ok, it wasn't a heart attack.

For now, I plan to vote by mail from now on and I got the mail from the box today.

Right now, I am calming down from a panic attack.

Theorist
#875 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 9:12 AM
TikToker's EXPOSE Shein's Disgusting Packaging Errors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDLMFrrwB5w

I'm not going to get into the whole thing about ordering from Shein, but buyer beware.

People on the internet are buying from Shein, then jacking up prices via resale.

Used needles, test tubes of blood are being shipped with orders. ( This is a health hazard!)

Why are there children's workbooks being put in with orders?

Mysterious messages of how people are going to die if they wear the outfit they purchased.

Spiders and spider eggs are making the trip from China.

Mysterious substances are being packed with clothes.

Buying clothes should not lead to a trip to the emergency room. Just sayin'...
Page 35 of 37