Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:55 AM
Default Mrs. Crumplebottom's knitting animation.
I've been looking a tutorials and I'm trying to find a way to enable Mrs. Crumplebottom's knitting animation for elders and adults. I'm not very sure how to go about this even though I've read most of the tuts. Any pointers would be very appreciated.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 10:36 AM
Hey

Mrs Crumplebottom's knitting animations aren't interactions, they're idle routines specific to her, a bit like how sometimes if your sim is bored they'll slouch around and look at their fingernails and the like. The downside of that is that it's not just a matter of checking some boxes to make it possible for other sims to use that code.

If you wanted to make it possible for other sims to knit like that, you'd have to make a new social interaction using the code from Mrs Crumplebottom as a base (it's called "Idle - Knit" in the Mrs Crumplebottom code), then set it up as a social plugin for normal sims. Basically, a bunch of BHAV stuff.

It's certainly not impossible, although you'd probably be best making a couple of standard object interactions first so you can get a feel for how BHAVs work. So basically any beginner BHAV tutorials are the thing I'd recommend to get you started.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 11:02 PM
Thank you very much, I'll try what you said.