Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:48 AM
Default Pool Reflection?
Can someone please help? My pools don't reflect, someone on Snootysims said that it was Gunmods lighting, but I removed it and I still dont have them...help?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 11:54 AM
Mine don't either, but I know the reason. Graphics card too old. Maybe that could be your problem too?

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:24 PM
I had the lighting before installing Seasons and my pools reflect just fine. I bet it's your graphics card - or maybe you still have the shader package in your Downloads, if you got the version that does the plastic wrap pools.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:31 PM
Put in the cheat box: boolProp useShaders true
It makes fishies show,reflections&ripple on pool,and shadows in the pool too
Put it in you userstarup.cheat file , that way you don have to turn it off everytime

---It will only do the above if your card CAN support it-its worth it though, it looks beautiful
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:20 PM
Ugh...looks like I need a new graphics card then...off to staples lol. Thanks
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 10:51 PM
Did you put the cheat in? DId fishies show? If so,put the cheat in the usestartup.cheat and youll never need to switch it on again
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:50 AM
The fishes show up, but the Snow Xray and the Pool reflections don't.
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 5:01 PM
@callum91- how do i use the usestartup.cheat? cause i dont have pool reflections/fish unless i use usehaders true and its getting annoying having to use it everytime i restart my game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seb355728
@callum91- how do i use the usestartup.cheat? cause i dont have pool reflections/fish unless i use usehaders true and its getting annoying having to use it everytime i restart my game.

all you have to do is make a new .txt document in your my documents/ea games/the sims 2/config folder and title it "userStartup.cheat" and list all of the cheats you want on when the game starts. here's a list of the ones I have :3

boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false
floatProp tvVolume 0.3
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
intProp maxNumofVisitingSims 10
boolProp useShaders true
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 10:54 PM
Snow xray?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Passion4Film
Snow xray?

When there's heavy snow, if you have the xray option on, when you move a cursor over a patch of snow, it'll show you what's below. You see the ground actually.
Scholar
#12 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idontnoWHOiam
all you have to do is make a new .txt document in your my documents/ea games/the sims 2/config folder and title it "userStartup.cheat" and list all of the cheats you want on when the game starts. here's a list of the ones I have :3

boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false
floatProp tvVolume 0.3
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
intProp maxNumofVisitingSims 10
boolProp useShaders true

Sorry for soundin noob, lol, but how do i make a new .txt document? :confused:
#13 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:00 AM
Looks like I need a new card now
My screen went blue during loading and all sound was lost! :'(
But the fix for me is to take out boolProp UseShaders true.......waaaa
*cries,waits for someone to send a new graphic card*
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:12 PM
I have a problem where unless I activate shaders, my fish don't appear, but unless i leave it off my snow goes all black and grey during the day. Anyone else had this?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#15 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
Sorry for soundin noob, lol, but how do i make a new .txt document? :confused:

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=161103

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.