Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 11:54 PM
Default Accessories with 2 parts?
When making an accessory i clone a pair of glasses correct?

Well it has just one part other than the lens and i was wondering is it possible to create a second 'frame'? or is there a pair of glasses that has 2 parts and a lens?

Thanks! and sorry if this got posted in the wrong place
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 12:14 AM
This is the right place and yes, the only accessories in game are glasses so you clone glasses (and read all the accessory stuff in the InfoCenter for other details).
I don't know if there's one with 3 parts. Adding a part to anything is always tricky.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 12:17 AM
I -think- the name of the 3 part glasses is sunglassesevenmorehip - they're available for both genders, several ages, and are the ones with the thick black rectangular rims and come by default with green and orange lenses (and possibly several other colours).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 12:25 AM
thank's so much! :] i'll try it out

i was previously using the sort of emo/nerdy square glasses with clear lenses
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 1:51 AM
You can also use the "lens" part - it would be possible by altering the material definition file for it to have it use an image - although I'm not sure if BodyShop would actually export the second image for editing.

I haven't tried that myself.

But, unless you need two different material definitions for different parts you really don't need the complication of trying to add a second re-colorable mesh group.

If necessary, you can enlarge the texture image used by the "frame" group - I have done that successfully.

Just open up the original recolor .package in SimPE and use "build DXT" to substitute the new image size before making your first recolor.