Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 5:24 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 25th May 2015 at 5:26 PM.
Nice one, @HugeLunatic !

I've got the 'hood right now - if you upload the s2pack I can add it to the map - do you have a spot preference?

ETA - OK, here's V5 of the hood. My family, the Douglases, have been added to their lot. And, I added a restaurant - which I wanted to name The Mustard Spot, but I can't make SimPE change the name. I must have to fix it in 2 places, and I don't know where the other place is... besides the lot description.

Now I'm going to go in and work on some of Marka's other houses - finish them up a bit. K?

...and, here are pixies of the restaurant:

*attachment removed

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#77 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 8:10 AM
You can rename the lot by editing the text strings files. Not the lot descriptions.
As for your family, I thought we will create a version without any sims but it's OK. Mountainside Valley didn't have such a version either so we could include that in the next neighborhood. (As for the next neighborhood, I already created a sci-fi SC4 map but we will use mmaa's maps first because he created the maps earlier )

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#78 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 9:01 AM
Do you still need houses? I might give it a try if you do, though I am a beginner builder and not sure if I can actually make something good enough Plus, I'd have to get AGS first, since I have all EPs.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 9:23 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 25th May 2015 at 5:27 PM.
OK - here's Bayside Flats V5b
-The Mustard Spot is now correctly named (thanks @Jawusa)
- One of Marka's houses is "finished" - I think? Did I do it in an acceptable way? I can change it around, if need be... See attached pictures

*attachment removed

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#80 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 10:22 PM
@CatherineTCJD .. may I suggest a slight change in the frontroom colors. the teal walls and teal floor .. umm.. bit bit overwhelming in color... then there is also the teal diamond wall upstairs .. so maybe change out the downstairs wall.

Also, not sure if you put the stairs in or they came that way, with the sides of them bein green kinda clashes with the teal. Wouldn't modular stairs be better though?

Mad Poster
#81 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 11:26 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 25th May 2015 at 5:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
@CatherineTCJD .. may I suggest a slight change in the frontroom colors. the teal walls and teal floor .. umm.. bit bit overwhelming in color... then there is also the teal diamond wall upstairs .. so maybe change out the downstairs wall.

Also, not sure if you put the stairs in or they came that way, with the sides of them bein green kinda clashes with the teal. Wouldn't modular stairs be better though?

The stair sides are actually yellow - trying to complement the teal, here, which was the original color used in the house. I can, of course, change it out? What say you @Marka? Any other suggestions? I'm working on the other smaller one of his now...
Thanks Cali

ETA - Here's pictures from the other Marka house I did. Let me know what you think?
And - a new hood - Version 5c

*attachment removed

and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#82 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 6:42 PM
It looks beautiful. I love it. :lovestruc

I haven't done anything for Bayside Flats and this kinda regrets me.
I'm sorry.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#83 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 7:29 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 24th Feb 2015 at 8:54 PM.
...well - come on! Get crackin' LOL! Now that MC is in the queue, you've got nothing else to do - right?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#84 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 10:20 PM
Okay, here is the lot. It is a one bedroom starter with room to add a second bedroom if needed.

I built near the farm fields.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  farm.7z (582.4 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Trainee Moderator
#85 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 5:38 PM
Great! Thank you. I'll place your lot in the neighborhood.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#86 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 6:53 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 22nd Mar 2015 at 9:42 PM. Reason: Attachment no longer necessary.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
It looks beautiful. I love it. :lovestruc

I haven't done anything for Bayside Flats and this kinda regrets me.
I'm sorry.

Oh! Don't worry! I'm sure you'll figure something out! Plus, there still several houses that need renovations, and I'm sure we're gonna bother you with loads of SimPE stuff! So its not like you won't be doing anything! No need to feel sorry!

I've renovated the 30 Cliffton Springs Road house, which is basically the one far off in the cul-de-sac or whatever you call it. I've uploaded some pictures. Let me know what you think!

Also, someone created a family, the Douglases? I thought the first version was going to be an empty one just like the others? They're present in this version as well, so...
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#87 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 7:36 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Mar 2015 at 9:37 PM.
Catherine created the Douglas family. By the way, the father and the son have the same name so should we add 'I' and 'II' to their last names? I mean "Craig Douglas I" and "Craig Douglas II"; just like Maxis did with the Landgraabs.

ETA:
I've placed HugeLunatic's lot into the neighborhood and built two other lots. But I'm not finished with the residential lot yet.
The other one is a garden. We can remove some of the trees if you think there are too many of them.

ETA2:
I've just noticed that Mountainside Valley has been uploaded on 25th January. Meadow Creek has been uploaded on 25th February.
It took us exactly a month to complete a neighborhood.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#88 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 3:43 PM

ETA2:
I've just noticed that Mountainside Valley has been uploaded on 25th January. Meadow Creek has been uploaded on 25th February.
It took us exactly a month to complete a neighborhood.

LOL! Let's keep the tradition then!
Mad Poster
#89 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 4:47 PM
I think after this hood gets uploaded that we take a break form making them and let the 3 have time to get played.

I will PM all of you with an idea I have had now for over 3 years on a hood.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#90 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:05 PM
Re: the Douglases - I didn't realize we'd made simless versions of the hoods (I never use them, and didn't pay much attention, I guess - sorry!) D'uh! *blushes*
...Also the son's name is supposed to be Ian. I really musta been sleeping when I made them! Oi!

@M.M.A.A. - Great job on that house It was sooo huge, I couldn't figure out what to do with it! You made it work nicely

ETA: Hiya @Marka - How are you feeling? I hope, better!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#91 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:26 PM
@CatherineTCJD I'm still out of it for now but I am able to keep up with the thread some.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#92 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
@M.M.A.A. - Great job on that house It was sooo huge, I couldn't figure out what to do with it! You made it work nicely

Aw! Thanks! I really wanted to renovate it, especially because of its location. TBH, I think its the perfect house for where the murder/accident would take place!

Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@CatherineTCJD I'm still out of it for now but I am able to keep up with the thread some.

Don't stress your knee(s)! Just take it slow and get better soon!

ETA: I got the PM, and may I say that's quite an interesting idea, not to mention creepy! Perhaps we could create a private thread somewhere, that way we can all discuss it together?
Mad Poster
#93 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Aw! Thanks! I really wanted to renovate it, especially because of its location. TBH, I think its the perfect house for where the murder/accident would take place!

Ooooh - good idea!

@Marka - Re: PM idea... interesting! Let's set up a "talking" area and hash out the deets Mwa-ha-ha-ha

and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#94 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 8:25 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 26th Feb 2015 at 8:38 PM.
I've sent a PM to the Hood Building Group. Please check it out.

Perhaps we should discuss those things in social group threads. I think they are hidden for the others unless they are a part of the group.

ETA: The threads are not hidden. :/
We have to find another way for that.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#95 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:19 PM
I just wanted to give a thanks! to everyone involved in the hood group. I have downloaded from each and every single one of you. If you were to continue to make neighborhoods I would continue to download them! Everybody keep up the amazing work!
Mad Poster
#96 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:24 PM
Thank you, @puzalickers85 - I'm so glad you like our stuff! We've got lotsa ideas floating around, so stay tuned

ETA: @Jawusa - I didn't get a new pm?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#97 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:45 PM
You will see the PM in the Hood Building Group account.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#98 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:47 PM
I also have sent a PM to the Hood Building Group account with a update.

Now time to go take my meds so I will be kinda out of it for a while.

Theorist
#99 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 11:18 PM
You will see the PM in the Hood Building Group account.

How do I get in there to see it?
Mad Poster
#100 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 11:54 PM
@CaliBrat PM sent with the password.

Page 4 of 18