Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:29 PM
Default Performing for tips
I have an opportunity inside central park where a man asked me to get $50 by collecting tips with the guitar. Im curious as to how to began performing for money as all i have is the guitar on my back and no bucket. Any ideas? thanks.

Everything that has a beginning has an end

You have been bitch-slapped
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:37 PM
If you have the guitar skill, you should be able to simply click the guitar and choose the play for tips option.
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:39 PM
Yep, there is still a play for tips and the sims will tip you generously, some of them several times.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:00 AM
You need to have a certain amount of guitar skill(3, 4, or 5...I forget which) before you can unlock the ability to play for tips.
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:44 PM
It's 5..and I've found that the best place to play for tips is in front of the theater.
My sim is a Star in the music career path and a guitar Master and she makes up to $1000 per hour in tips alone. To get the max you have to give a lot of concerts at work.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:01 PM
On the subject of playing in front of the theater (which is indeed the BEST spot) I noticed that if you work on the guitar skill at that spot your list of friends is going to go CRAZY!!!!

everybody who stops to watch you play is building relationship with you!!!

My Rock star sim must have over 100 friends currently!!!

For those charisma challenges don't sweat! Just play the guitar!

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:28 PM
Cedric, THANK YOU xD
My little Simmie is desperate for friends if he wants to get a promotion soon xD and he's even got a really good guitar skill.