Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:54 AM
sims 2 seasons &hacks?
Whats all this talk about hacks messin with seasons? I just got seasons and i just recently started playing the sims all together...what exactly is a hack?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:04 AM
A hack is a download that modifies your gameplay.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:51 AM
so like if you download sims or objects?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:56 AM
no, sims and (most) objects themselves will not hack the game. A hack would be something that overrides normal game behaviour. Like, normally a vampire sim has blue skin and melts in sunlight, you can download a hack so they have normal skin and can live in the sun. There's all sorts of hacks that simplify gameplay, like keeping needs up and making the social worker not come for sims kids and such. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:10 AM
ohhhh thanks a bunch that helps! so pretty much just don't get any of that stuff if you have sims seasons installed.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:29 AM
If they are updated for Seasons EP then they are probably okay. Several prominent modders have already begun updating their hacks to run with seasons
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 2:34 AM
it's okay to have hacks in that have been 'approved' to work with seasons. By this I mean, hacks who have been updated or have received the okay by the creators to be used with the seasons ep. check the sticky thread to see which hacks have been so approved. On the other hand, if you've never downloaded a hack before, you may just want to poke around modthesims and creators' websites to see which ones interest you and see if they've been updated for seasons or wait until they are. Once again, links to several creators' websites can be found on the sticky thread.