Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:35 PM
Default Can we set a sim's outfit to stay on while bathing?
Hi all, has anyone figured out if there's a way to make a sim's outfit stay on in the bath/shower? I'd like for a new sim I've made to retain her full body outfit at all times (an alien sim whose 'outfit' is their permanent skin), but can't see a way to do this in TS4 (I miss the 'Never Nude' trait from TS3, which was ideal for that purpose!). I did add the category 'Bathing' to my sim's outfit, but the outfit still comes off in the bath. So am stumped at this point. Thanks in advance for any input!

Here's a screenie to clarify what I'm talking about (forgive the poor graphics, am on my crappy laptop at the moment):
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 12:42 AM
See Here
might help if you add the bath category in S4PE
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:38 AM
Hi Kiara, thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I already did that - I mentioned in my original post that I did add 'Bathing' to my sim's outfit categories. It shows up in s4pe as outfit category 0x0052. That's why I'm baffled as to why it doesn't stay on while bathing. There must be some extra step we need to take to actually enable it, but I don't have a clue what it is.

Maybe I'll just have to warn downloaders that she reverts to a normal sim in the bath (but at least with the green skin and green hair she has underneath the outfit texture), which is what happened with my TS3 version of her anyway (back then, TS3 had just come out and I hadn't yet realised the usefulness of the Never Nude trait!).
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:45 PM
have you tried making it a tattoo or skin detail.. that stays on while bathing. I don't know if that will be an option for you. I figured I throw it out there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 4:18 PM
That might be a good way around it. I haven't played around with tattoos in TS4 yet and am not sure what their graphic quality would look like compared to clothes, but even if the quality is less, it would certainly be better than nothing, just for the few minutes the sim would be in the bath! I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion!
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
That might be a good way around it. I haven't played around with tattoos in TS4 yet and am not sure what their graphic quality would look like compared to clothes, but even if the quality is less, it would certainly be better than nothing, just for the few minutes the sim would be in the bath! I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion!

No problem.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 5:56 PM
Thanks for that suggestion, j27f1981. The tattoo comes out a lot lighter and more transparent than her regular 'skin', but it's a lot better than just defaulting back to a normal sim in the bath! Have now uploaded her with the 'bath tattoo' under her regular clothing, and given you a shout-out on the upload page for suggesting the idea. Thanks again!