Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:02 AM Last edited by MissTech : 17th Jun 2009 at 3:17 PM.
Default The Architect (Community) ~ Cycle 2: Closed due to lack of interest. Sorry guys!
Welcome to The Architect: Community ~ Cycle 2!

The Simville Town Council was so thrilled at the successful first round of expansion and restoration to their town, that they have decided to set aside yet another area of the city for development! The Town Council will be your only client throughout the competition, and since they still have plenty of money left from that government grant, there will be no budget limits on any of the lots!

(This contest requires the construction and full decoration of lots!)

**No sims required or used in this competition.**

There are no eliminations from this contest!! The winner of the contest will be determined by the contestant with the highest cumulative point total after all rounds of competition.

General Rules
1.) No photoshopping, adding text, graphics, borders to any submitted photos. Photos may be taken traditionally in-game, or by use of 'printscreen'.

2.) All lots submitted must be new, original designs. There will be no 'flipping' of pre-made Maxis lots, or use of downloaded lots allowed.

3.) All community lots are to be created only on 2x2 size lots! (Lot adjuster cannot be used.)

4.) All buildings created for this contest may have only usable 2 floors. No attics, no basements. Use of foundations is allowed.

5.) Pay attention to the requirements for each round as following specific directions counts!

CONTEST UPDATES & LATEST INFORMATION
Check here for direct links to the latest contest information, scores and round guidelines.

The Rounds
This contest will have 4 Rounds. The Rounds will be as follows:

Round 1- Simville Botanical Gardens
Round 2- Simville Galleria Strip Mall
Round 3- Simville Cultural Arts Center
Round 4- Simville's Quaint Little Bed & Breakfast
(Current Round in progress will be highlighted in bold print.)

THE TIMELINE
Round 1- June 8th - June 15th @ 10:00AM EST
Round 2- June 15th- June 21st
Round 3- June 21st- June 28th
Round 4- June 28th - July 6th
(Current round highlighted in bold print.)
*Rounds will be closed as soon as all contestants have posted their entries OR by the deadline posted above- whichever comes first!

ROUND 1 ~ SIMVILLE BOTANICAL GARDENS
Your first task is to create a lush, upscale beautiful Botanical Gardens! The Council feels a Botanical Gardens would be the perfect addition to the town and will draw more tourists, as the "Museum of Adequate Art" did! Be sure that you provide restrooms for guests, as well as places where they can sit and enjoy the beauty you've created!

Materials that need to be submitted for Round 1:
1.) Your name and the Round # in the subject bar
2.) 2 photos of your gardens from different angles
3.) 1 overhead photo of your gardens
4.) 2 photo of your garden's favorite feature
5.) A short written description of your botanical gardens and all of its amenities.
(For examples of entries please see the finished version of this contest in the "Closed Contests" thread.)

TOWN COUNCIL (aka Judges)
I will need 3 reliable volunteers that will be ready, willing and able to judge ALL rounds of this contest. If you are interested in filling a judges' or emergency judge slot, please let me know Thank you!

Town Council Members
1.) KyriaT
2.) Whatwedobest
3.) alfie_boots

Emergency Council Members
1.) DollyRot
2.) MissTech

Prizes
Prizes will be offered to at least the winner of this contest. Prize donations gratefully accepted! Look for updates to this section.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:02 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 6.8.09
Ends 7.8.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:37 AM Last edited by MissTech : 17th Jun 2009 at 11:56 AM.
Contestant List

1.) clw8
Round 1

2.) Simsimsims
Round 1

3.) Sopye
Round 1

4.) Tenielle
Round 1
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:52 PM
Great contest Miss Tech! If you would need a reliable judge, just know that I'm here!

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. (Tommy Cooper)
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:17 PM
yay Miss Tech... I am especially excited for rounds 2 and 4.. so I hope people join! I loved last cycle, so... you'll see an entry from me here soon

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:23 PM
I shall be back with an entry later, im getting a little bored of Sims 3 so will be going back to 2 for a while lol
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:48 PM
clw8 & chowgilly, glad to see you guys around the new contest threads! Glad to hear you'll both be joining! I was hoping the rounds I chose for this cycle would intrigue and excite people to join. :D

KyriaT, thank you for you offer! Ive added your name to the judges list!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:32 PM
Thank you MissTech! I'm looking forward to this, and hoping for many nice entries to evaluate!

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. (Tommy Cooper)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 9:01 PM
I would love to judge if you'll have me MissTech.
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 9:13 PM
Default clw8: Round 1
Round 1
Botanical Gardens
clw8
----
----
Welcome to the new 'Botanical Gardens'! The Gardens is the place to view beautiful flowers, shrubs, and miniture trees, and the best part is, is that Botanical Gardens is open 24/7! No more juggling your time between home, work, soccer practice, and fun because the 'fun' will be waiting on you, once you are ready!

No matter your preference of flower, we insure that you will find some interest in the Gardens. Who knows, you may walk out having a new favorite type of lily... Forget those loud movie theatres, or those crowded shopping malls; take a trip on down to Botanical Gardens where you will find a little peace and quietness.

Botanical Gardens features 5 main planting plots, with additional trimming around the two, clean restrooms. There's a walking path that goes around the parimeter, and an inner trail, which offers a 360 view of most of the plots. Need rest? Dont' worry, we have you covered. Take a seat and further study our mixed breeds of shrubs, or our neon colored flowers! To also accomidate the night time visitors, lights enclose the facility.

Voted the 'Most Favored Features' is the rock/pot fountain and the convienient seating area.
As all visitors enter the lot, they are greated by a beautiful fountain that is inclosed by magnificent flowers. Butterflys, bumble bees, and birds all seek comfort in this feature, and we hope that you will too.

And, as previously stated about the seating area: it offers a nice place to sit down, with a great view to look at. Not feeling up to studying flowers? No matter...bring a book. We offer you the convienience of the quietness to finish up that last chapter or two you are on!

I personally hope that you have enjoyed your preview of Botanical Gardens, and we all, here at the Gardens, hope that you and your family and friends visit real soon!
----
----
clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:22 AM
I'll judge
Field Researcher
#12 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:05 AM
Cl8 that was a great first entry! You're garden is beautiful!

Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:42 PM
Hey everyone, Just a quick update!

Awesome to see an entry- thanks clw8! We now have a second judge in place as well, so thank you Whatwedobest!

Currently 1 official judging slot, and 1 emergency judges slot still need to be filled. And since we have our first contestant, we need just 9 more to make this bad boy fly! Hope to see some more entries when I check back in later! :D
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:19 PM
thanks for the comments. . . I hope it inspires people to join *hint - hint*

Theorist
#15 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:29 PM
I'm no good at creating community lots, but I can just as normal or emergency judge, and i have plenty of spare time ;P
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:31 PM
Thanks alfie_boots. I added you to the list.

Sorry you couldnt join us afterall TomBoy00! Maybe next time. But thanks for the initial offer anyway.

Hoping to see some more great entries soon!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:02 PM
Default Simsimsims ~ Round 1
As My contest flopped, I now have plenty of time on my hands plus I loved being in this contest last time, so am joining again :D

Welcome to Simville Botanical Gardens. We Provide many things for you here at the gardens, and offer some of the most beautiful species of plants around. We have a wonderful bakery and takeaway sandwhich bar where you can grab and snack to enjoy in our outdoor seating area, or on a bench. There are also customer toilets.
For those of you who love gardening, you can also buy our many range of potted plants. With a extra large greenhouse, growing the finest plants in simville we aim to provide you with the ultimate buying experience.
Of course we don't just sell the plants, they are also on permanent display for you to enjoy. Many Sims have trips here and it is the number 1 visitor attraction of the year.

This picture has trees in the background scenery whilst the others don't. This is because I had to turn off the view distance thing. If you want I can re-take the pictures)

As you can see here, we have a cafe/takeaway room where you can grab a bite to eat. We provide tables with parasols outside, or you could sit by the pond on a bench, eigther way we aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

There are many water features in out gardens. We feel these help to create a peaceful tranquil atmousphere as well as being stunningly beautiful to watch. Kiddies love to splash in them too!

Our brand new state of the art greenhouse, is perfect for growing the best plants you can find. We treat our plants like people, and they recipricate by being full of life. You can enter the greenhouse and watch them grow, whilst our amazing staff can explain to you the different variety's.

As you can see by this arial view, although nice and cosy, we have managed to pack a lot into our botanical gardens in such a small space. You can follow the beautiful cobbled pathways which will take you to the different area's of the park.

So that concludes the tour of Simville botanical gardens. We hope you find all you need to do here, and have a wonderful time. From stunning plants, to beehives, to food and drink, you can certainly have a good time here.

Hosting my first contest "Style and Culture" :D
Find it here: Style and culture contest
Scholar
#18 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 10:31 PM
nice one simsimsims looks like I have some competition finally! Hope more people join

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clw8
nice one simsimsims looks like I have some competition finally! Hope more people join

Thanks clw8 I have always loved your building skills, and your garden is beautiful.

I really hope lots of people Join too

Hosting my first contest "Style and Culture" :D
Find it here: Style and culture contest
Forum Resident
#20 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:17 PM
Do you need an EJ still? I will gladly do that for you.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 12:14 AM
Another great entry, Simsimsims it looks really beautiful! This is very promising

Forum Resident
#22 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 2:48 AM
MissTech- I am definately in, and will have my entry in before the due date.

clw8 & simsimsims- I love your entrys. I think this cycle will be just as fun as the last one!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:34 AM
Can we use the sims 3 or just the sims 2?
Instructor
#24 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:48 AM
Sorry i havent posted yet, too many distractions, but i will be submitting my entry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:55 AM
Sure I will allow entries from the Sims 3. However, you may have a more difficult time creating because of lack of CC for the new game, but certainly Sims 3 players are welcome.
Page 1 of 2