Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 1:35 AM Last edited by TRIriana : 17th Aug 2009 at 12:34 PM.
Default Kitchen Nightmares: Sim Edition [Sims 3 and Sims 2]
Category: Building and Makeover

Kitchen Nightmares: Sim Edition

Has your eatery gone downhill since its initial opening? Has it become dreary and empty of late? Are you losing money? Alternately...do you think your restaurant is the best in the country, and yet are bewildered that its losing money?

Perhaps then, it is time to call in some expert help...

Perhaps it is time for an overhaul.

In the cut-throat world of the restaurant business, some establishments soar to great heights whilst other crash to the ground with an uncomfortable bang. Sometimes the problem is the food, the area, the environment - and sometimes it's the manager or the chef who derail things. In Sim City, things are no different. During a hectic four months 10 flagging restaurants will be selected. Once selected a top chef in Sim City will begin visiting these restaurants to take a look around them in order to give some pointers.

And once the pointers have been given, the owners will be expected to better the appearance and quality of their establishment.

It's...going to get messy, people.

Rules
The eatery can be a pub restaurant, cafe, diner, former Michelin-Star restaurant - it's your choice!
Owner(s) of the restaurants can be YA to Elder
The restaurant must be of your own creation
Photoshopping and such will not be necessary
Follow the usual forum photograph rules.
Judges, please be prompt with your scores each round. If you can’t get in your scores for whatever reason, please let me know at least a day in advance so emergency judges can be contacted.

Parameters
Quote:
Picture Creativity
Restaurant Creativity
Makeover Creativity (during makeover round only)
Overall Inventiveness

Application: Getting to Know You

Restaurant Name
Restaurant Owner
How long has your Restaurant been flailing?
What do YOU believe the cause is?

Visiting Chef Name
What will you be looking for on visiting the Restaurant for the first time?

Picture Portion
Exterior Restaurant Shot [2]
Eating Area of the Restaurant [2]
Kitchen Area of the Restaurant [2]

Round I: Enter the Chef

Round II: Picking up the Pieces

Round III: The Makeover

Round IV: Opening Night
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 1:36 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 8.12.09
Ends 9.12.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 9:36 AM
Checking in - let's see some applications. :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 10:40 PM
Come on people, there's no need to be too afraid!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:45 PM
I'd love to, but I'm going on holiday for two weeks! How annoying!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:23 PM
Is it alright if I steal one of the names of the maxis made resturants because I was thinking maybe it turned into a franchise and the sims I was going to use to enter the constests have a different resturant but in the maxis made resturant name since they're part owners. Sorry if that sounded too confusing. I'm not good at explaining things
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:24 PM
Mitzymoo, yes, you can take the name of the restaurant - just as long as the restaurant itself has been made by you, it's acceptable. .

Wgroome, I think I must have submitted this just as most everyone is busy, . The applications will remain open for a bit longer however, so I do hope I recieve enough entries in the interim!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 9:57 AM
This is such a fun and interesting contest TRIriana! If my old s2 wasn't so - well, old and slow, I would have joined, but I hope to see a lot of nice entries from others! (And if you should need a judge - here I am...)

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. (Tommy Cooper)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 2:39 PM
Well my dad booked a flight last night and the holiday is in the middle of this contest

Sorry
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:31 PM
I'll keep the application stage open for another day or so, and if no one bites I'll ask bP to put it on hold or see if I can re-submit in a few weeks' time. I think I got it just as everyone is on holiday!
Theorist
#11 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:33 PM
I would love to enter...but i'm really busy at the moment
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 1:26 PM
I'd love to enter, once I figure out how to go about making my Sim actually own a restaurant and all. I haven't played enough since TS3 came out.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 11:48 PM
My game keeps crashing from some download or another that I haven't figured out to remove (it's tricking me, it used to crash my pc when the game loaded,now it waits until I'm doing something in game to crash my pc) or I would've had an entry done by now, . . . my wireless quit working last Sunday so I can't get on the net with my own pc. Troubles, troubles, troubles, one could lose her mind.
After I get an entry actually all the way complete, I'll load it onto a zip drive and come online from another pc and see if the contest is still a go.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 6:03 PM
There are so few takers this time around that I've sent bP a PM to close it. If there is more interest in the future I may re-submit. Thanks to those who were interested this time around. .