Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 1:47 AM
Default Sims 3 - storytelling - several sims at same time
Hey! Does anyone know how to control several sims at the same time, for story telling? I need to make scenes in clubs, bars etc. where there are a lot of people naturally. I saw this clip on the sims 3 official youtube channel, and I wonder howthey did that. [IMG][/IMG]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 3:05 PM Last edited by igazor : 6th Nov 2023 at 12:59 AM.
Players can only control one household at a time, so one way it to have all of these sims within the same household.

Another way is to have a mod in play that allows for fast household switches, so you can move back and forth between the households being controlled with just a single click. NRaas Selector and PortraitPanel have this feature, and PortraitPanel allows you to have the thumbnails of sims in households other than the currently controlled one stay put on the left side panel of sims as you switch through their households.

Note that there can be performance issues with running too many Dream Managers (the dream and wish system) on too many households at once. How many is "too many" will vary widely by world and player due to all kinds of variables. But if the purpose here is to set up scenes and poses rather than preserve long-term ongoing gameplay, then that probably doesn't really matter much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2023 at 7:23 PM
Thank you so much! I'll give it a try