Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 5:58 PM
Default China: Forbidden City - Key?
I'm looking for the key to the Forbidden City (Dong Huo's keystone), failing to find it, and given no clues other than it's supposed to be marked on the map, I bought the Skeleton Keystone from the Special Merchant - It do not work in any of the tombs I've tried in China, including the Forbidden City.

Where is the Dong Huo's keystone? And what's the Skeleton Keystone supposed to be if it's not for what it's described as?
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 12:02 AM
Wrong forum. This forum is only for broken games. Please have a read through forum rules. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 4:18 AM
If you can show me a picture of where you are...maybe I can help

"Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart." - William Butler Yeats
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 4:38 AM
Did you have your sim inspect the hole in the ground behind the general store? You have to inspect that to open up another staircase, go down it and make your way through that part of the Market Caves to get the key stone.

And the Skeleton Keystone is only for common key stones, like star and heart keystones.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 6:30 PM
The fact that game help category is not for game help but for technical help still confuses me.

Anyway... Thank you, gobot101! I found the hole behind the general store. Puh, what an annoying adventure that was!
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 9:49 PM
Mod The Sims > Community > Sims Discussion > Sims 3 Discussion > World Adventures

this is the discussion category, lol. Thanks for the help finding that key, now for the rest lmao
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 9:56 PM
I have been trying to figure this one out for a few days now!

Literally looked from here to China...obviously with no luck!

Thanks Guys!
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 11:26 PM
So i am looking for the same key as stated above and i guess this is the last quest for me because if i cancel it and try to get another one it's just finding some gems and stuff and then it keeps going back to the key. i already searched the staircase behind the market prior to getting the quest because i just happened to stumble upon it one day. I did not find a key otherwise it would have been in my inventory, because i would never get rid of a key. i have tried to go back but still i found nothing. can someone please help me by telling me exactly where it is? im wondering if because of the game bugs i might have ruined my chance to get it by searching the area without the quest. Please help!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 2:13 AM
I'm not sure but I think if you are not on a specific quest, some feature in those areas may not show up. If you accept the quest, even if you've opened the doors, etc., there should still be more clues and objects because you ARE on the quest.
Scholar
#10 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 11:28 AM
You have to do challenges for the locals and you get given keys too. I got past that bit and now I can't remember how, I forgot about this thread. All I can say is that I never missed a hole in the wall and I did all adventures set out by locals. I was given more than one key by them. They get you to carry objects from one place to the other, I just go into map mode and fast forward till my sims completes the runs, lol.

It is a lot easier to play if you only play the adventures given, I made the mistake of going on in the tombs after getting the required item only to find I'd be sent back again. I'm now being sent to France to find a key
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 11:22 PM
I had the exact same problem! I couldnt find the key anywhere, and I already explored the tomb BEHIND the merchant shops. When searching for the key I searched in the tomb in front of the shops next to the pretty statue thingy's where you have to step on a stone. I was wrong, the key is in the tomb behind the shops. When you get in you see a few statues with the chest in the middle. Cant miss it its all sparkly!

Stupid thing to confuse people like this