Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 10:35 PM
I like to read comments, on my friends' threads as well as my own, but since I have cable, the extra click isn't a big deal. And if it can prevent most of those "server too busy" messages, I'm all for it. Success brings its own problems, doesn't it?

About ratings: I agree that only nasty people are going to rate something lower than a 3. And I think people are inclined to rate their friends' creations high, just because that's part of being a friend - brutal honesty doesn't endear one to others! It's probably more useful to look at the comments and the number of downloads than the rating.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mystikan
... I agree with the comment hiding, though, if anyone wants to read them it's just one more click. ...

Another point on this matter, and it's just my opinion so don't yell at me people, please.

These are free downloads, people have worked hard on them and the site admins do a very good and difficult job, keeping this site free and running as smoothly as possible. It won't kill any of us to make the effort to click one little button in exchange for all this hard work.
Scholar
#28 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 11:01 AM
Good idea,
I used to get the server too busy message a lot,

I think the changes have made a difference

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 12:50 AM
I dont know is this abt the changes or not,
but on the day after the changes were made,
I cant see the thumbnails of downloads anymore.
I thought its my internet problem, but I refresh it manytimes,
and it would says "done" at the bottom left.
Tried both IE and firefox,
and I checked the profile options to see if its a setting,
but i cant c anything to do with it =(
Forum Resident
#30 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 1:59 AM
It is a great change because the rating system begins to show the quality of each creation somewhat.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#31 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vicvic616
I dont know is this abt the changes or not,
but on the day after the changes were made,
I cant see the thumbnails of downloads anymore.
I thought its my internet problem, but I refresh it manytimes,
and it would says "done" at the bottom left.
Tried both IE and firefox,
and I checked the profile options to see if its a setting,
but i cant c anything to do with it =(

vicvic616, someone else has reported a similar problem over in this thread:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=132699

It might help if you can post in that thread too.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 3:36 PM
No thumbnails, just links to press
I'm having the same problem. The pictures are not popping up for me in the screeshots area of the downloads. It takes a while to load, and then words come up that I can click on to see the screeshots. Also in the main pages, the thumbnails do not show up for me either. It was working fine for me before the changes. Kinda makes downloading a loong process.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 3:56 PM
Queenloopy, please see http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=133169

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 9:04 PM
I'd still like to see the "All" checkbox removed, as I've been told by one of the moderators (I think it was LyricLee, but if it wasnt don't quote me) that the word "requires" is up there, which means "Requires All" but I think so many people think it means "Compatible with All" or they are just lazy. Objects/clothes cloned from a Nightlife item require Nightlife. Objects/clothes cloned from a University item require University... Unless your download consists of multiple sources (which a majority don't), they don't require All. Skintones for example, with exception of "default replacement" for zombies or vampires, should only require "Original"

I just really think that removing the "All" option would avoid the confusion that it seems to generate, as I see so many things that do NOT require anything but the base game marked as "All"
Forum Resident
#35 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 10:20 PM
I personally do like seeing the comments prior to downloading, and try to make an effort to edit my original comment when I downloaded something after I see how it works in the game (a 'before and after', if you will). Especially if the item is in testing - those comments are especially helpful for both creators (I'm assuming!) and downloaders. I am also guilty of commenting before viewing in game - but most of the time I find myself looking more at the creator prior to downloading - the reputation and my personal experience with thier creations usually sway me to download or not.

:idea: Maybe we can enable comment views for items/hacks/game mods in testing only???

I think some people 'comment' to up their 'posts per day' so they move from 'test subjects' to 'field researchers' or whatever on their personal info - this may decrease if someone has to take one extra step!

Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication - I would donate a million dollars (if life had a 'motherlode' cheat!)!!!!

See all of my downloads HERE
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#36 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 11:22 PM
AbsoluteGroundZero,

The All option is a legacy one only. It'll be removed soon.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 2:14 AM
Hi,

I just want to inform you that I've got the same problem as vicvic616 and Queenloopy regarding the pictures on the thumbnails of the downloads and the ones on the thread's page (screenshots section). Is this normal ?

This appear just the day after the changes were made.

tkdjunkie
As you suggest in your message #32, I went to the thread (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=132699) but I did not found something that can help me to solve this problem.

Delphy
Sorry also to say that to you, but I went to the thread http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=133169 you were talking about in your message #34 without finding any answer to my problem to. But I report there.

Can you please help ?
Thanks.
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 4:27 PM
good idea
my loading is faster now
Thanks!
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#39 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 7:14 PM
For people who cannot download/cannot see thumbnails, please post in this thread:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=133169

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Field Researcher
#40 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 12:36 AM
:jaw: that is very helpful, thanks for doing so!!! :nod:

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer
Scholar
#41 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 5:40 PM
I dont know, i rather have the comments, and compliments that the nice people say about my work con or pro,The 5 stars i dont see any since in having it,its useless, the hidden comment box is great, before you downsize, there are threads ive seen on here that dont have any files. How in thunder can you upload with no file or files, they have the description, the pictures, but no file to download,,and they say on there thread to go to TSR or some other site to download the file,to me that a waste of time and bandwidth, the praise is what makes people click, the stars is what you get when you was in first grade,lol

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Page 2 of 2