Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:41 PM
More Custom Content Issues
OK guys, I've looked through all of the Mac threads and still have no answer to my questions.

I've followed the instructions on the Wiki page to the "T" and I still cannot get my downloads to work. I've double checked multiple times.

For the .package files I have downloaded the Resource file and put it in Sims3.app>show content...>C drive>EA>the sims 3

Then I made the Mods/Packages folder and put the .package files in there but they don't show up in game.

Now, I have heard that the Resource file has been updated so you can have up to 4 subfolders. My question is, do I HAVE to put my files into a sub or can I just put them in to the Packages folder? Or could it be possible that my Resource file doesn't work? Please help.

For the .sims3pack files I cant get them to work either. I double click the file and it brings up the games launcher. Is that it? Is there anything else I need to do after the launcher comes up? I'm not getting any conformation that the file was installed. Am I supposed to? What the heck?

Sorry about the long post but this is staring to frustrate me.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 5:14 AM
What else is in the Sims 3 folder, with your new Mod and Resource.cfg folders? Do you see Caches, Game, Game data and Thumbnails folders? That's what your Sims3 root folder should look like.

No you don't have to use subfolders. Just Open (Double click) your downloaded Rars or Zips and then toss your .packages into the Packages folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ncrabs
What else is in the Sims 3 folder, with your new Mod and Resource.cfg folders? Do you see Caches, Game, Game data and Thumbnails folders? That's what your Sims3 root folder should look like.

No you don't have to use subfolders. Just Open (Double click) your downloaded Rars or Zips and then toss your .packages into the Packages folder.

OK nevermind, I got the .package files to work. Now, what of the others? Meaning the .sims3pack files.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:06 AM
Double click to install. Just like sims2pack files.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.