Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 6:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Live mode disabled
I encountered a new problem. Let's say, it's not the first time this happens whenever I want to play a family I move into an apartment unit.

It goes like this: whenever I move a sim into an apartment, I set them in, furnish the apartment, I play for a bit, save and quit the game. When I come back to play next time, live mode is there for a second, then it jumps to build mode and the sim is nowhere to be found.

I have to note that I only used clean CC and in this case, none of it. And it still happened.
The other family in the same apartment lot has loaded, thankfully, even though before this it also happened to them when my sim came back from the store.

Can someone help me?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 9:59 AM
Is the sim still living there according to the Lot popup? Try having someone else ask them to move in with them, then move them back out into the apartment again. It sounds like something interfered with the correct saving of the sublot. I remember that you had issues before with missing lots so maybe there is something else going on with your PC. I remember you disabled OneDrive, but do you have any antivirus programs set to scan your Documents/ EaGames folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Is the sim still living there according to the Lot popup? Try having someone else ask them to move in with them, then move them back out into the apartment again. It sounds like something interfered with the correct saving of the sublot. I remember that you had issues before with missing lots so maybe there is something else going on with your PC. I remember you disabled OneDrive, but do you have any antivirus programs set to scan your Documents/ EaGames folder?

Yeah, the sim still lived there, it was listed as a tenant but when I clicked on it, it took me to buy mode. I can move them out and in again and they're back to being active.

I could also see them walking around in the building when playing the other family while this was happening.

I have the Story progression mod enabled, tho. It could have something to do with it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 11:49 AM
Oh good, is it all working as it should be now? If so, close the game and make a safe copy of your neighbourhood, that way you can go back if anything goes wrong in future.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 11:55 AM Last edited by earthgirl : 11th Sep 2024 at 12:35 PM.
Well, it happened again.

Moved them out and in again, didn't furnish the apartment this time and I still got taken to buy mode.

I would really love to know the root cause of this. :/

Edit: I just took out Story Progression. Now let's see if I still encounter problems.