Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 4:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Milkshape Doesn't Work Right
I am getting so frustrated, i was just starting to work for more meshes and creating my 3d models and MILKSHAPE literally got so broken it's crazy to tell! my meshes look all stretched out and i cant select all vertex and faces and the meshes, which were all completely fine , look totally broken now!! WHAT CAN I DO

THE SECOND PIC IS HOW IT USED TO LOOK LIKE

plz help me i am desperate i was about to release a whole colleciton on tumblr
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 5:59 PM
Got a copy of the mesh? I'll take a look at it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 6:04 PM
It's likely not the meshes, but how they're displayed in Milkshape. Seems like the 3D window shows the mesh with proper proportions. There looks to be some weirdness with the sizing of the grid system, though. As-is, the mesh looks like it's been imported a lot smaller than it should be.

I'd say it looks like the three 2D viewports are trying to fit everything into the frame. It also looks like the mesh is either much smaller, or that the grid has been made larger, because there's a clear difference between the 3D views.

Can you post a screenshot of the Preferences (both pages) and the right-click menu for one of the 2D windows? Just want to see if there's anything going on in the settings that's easy to fix.

Have you had any crashes or other weirdness related to Milkshape lately? Sometimes this can cause setting files to misbehave.

If you are converting meshes via a different program (Blender or similar), check the export settings. The wrong settings there can explain things like bad normals (black spots on the mesh), sizing problems, and other such things. Occasionally even skeleton issues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jun 2024 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's likely not the meshes, but how they're displayed in Milkshape. Seems like the 3D window shows the mesh with proper proportions. There looks to be some weirdness with the sizing of the grid system, though. As-is, the mesh looks like it's been imported a lot smaller than it should be.

I'd say it looks like the three 2D viewports are trying to fit everything into the frame. It also looks like the mesh is either much smaller, or that the grid has been made larger, because there's a clear difference between the 3D views.

Can you post a screenshot of the Preferences (both pages) and the right-click menu for one of the 2D windows? Just want to see if there's anything going on in the settings that's easy to fix.

Have you had any crashes or other weirdness related to Milkshape lately? Sometimes this can cause setting files to misbehave.

If you are converting meshes via a different program (Blender or similar), check the export settings. The wrong settings there can explain things like bad normals (black spots on the mesh), sizing problems, and other such things. Occasionally even skeleton issues.

thank u so much!! i actually fixed it deleting a file about the viewfront in the milkshape folder!