Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 12:58 AM
Default Where do I start?!
So, I have recovered my sims1 and i have all expansion packs for it.
Ive been a diehard Sims player for years, since its first release back in 00. I was 10 then and didnt own it myself, but my friend did and i practically lived at her house, and we lived through The Sims. I play Sims 3 several times a week, and I can barely remember playing 2, and even 1. Ive only just begun with it, made a sim and moved into a house. The differences are both driving me insane and making me feel wonderfully nostalgic. I think I remember being more of a house builder, I remember very clearly being a habitual offender of using kaching until I had everything I wanted. But I dont remember much of the "day to day" part of the gameplay. Until now i hadent actually encountered all the expansions, we had the base and hot date when I got to play.
I see a lot of threads so if this is the kind thats repeatidly posted i do apologize, and understand if its closed or deleted.
If not...

Where do I start!!!! What should I do?
I am trying at least not to use cheats for now and just run through some game play.
Although im not cheating I wouldnt say no to custom content downloads...cuz the inability to recolor anything is one of the biggest annoyances I have rotfl.

Ciao ~ Madam Violet
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 1:28 AM
What would you like to know? I know TS1 and TS2 VERY well.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 3:20 AM
What I remember most with the sims in sim 1 is how fast their needs depleted. I would make sure they had a bathroom and food close at hand but don't let them eat as often as the want to. They always wanted to make meals. Also don't use the fireworks unless you don't mind them dieing in a fire. That's all I can remember really. Apart from that get them a job pronto and try all the nifty items you can. Sims 1 had so many fun and funny things to do. Make sure to build a snowman with the kids as that was really cute.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 11:42 PM
Change jobs frequently. It's a great way to build up lots of cash with those early promotions and low friend/skill requirements. Upgrade to better furniture with higher comfort/hunger/energy/fun ratings as you can afford it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 10:52 PM
I suggest just to keep playing and uncover everything.

The catalog, if you double-click the shop icon, can change from being room-themed (Kitchen, Bathroom, etc.) to object-themed (Chairs, Appliances) and back. That little shortcut requires no cheats.

If you have any questions about magic town in particular, ask me, because I've found out everything there is to know about that expansion.