Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 6:36 AM
Anyone notice?
"Tender Portions" from the New Age station. Sound familiar?

This is a song that used to play on the sims1. It was my favorite song out of all of them and I have been trying to get a copy of it for YEARS. I am so, so, so, so happy they added it to the game, it is honestly one of the most beautiful sims songs. Anyone know how to extract it?

I'm really liking the New Wave station (I think that's it... might be something different). While I'm not a big fan of that music in real life the sims stuff is really high quality.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:05 AM
what song was it in ts1?
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:14 AM
I can't really say, there's no singing. It's pretty much just a piano playing. Don't even remember what mode it was in, build or buy.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:20 AM
Actually, I think the entire New Age station is songs for TS1. They sound like they were from one of the EPs... not entirely sure on that last bit though. ^.^; I took a short listen to 'em, and they all sounded quite familiar. Very pretty music; I shall be listening to it quite often in game. :B

To Extract: Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Sound
Make sure that you have file extensions viewable.
Find NewAge.package
Rename it to NewAge.mp3

The entire radio station will be smooshed onto a single track, so you'll have to search through the track to find the song you want. Then, if you have an audio program like Audacity, you can simply record the bit you want. Or, you can just listen to the whole thing.

Well, that's how I go about it. :3

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SSChan
Actually, I think the entire New Age station is songs for TS1. They sound like they were from one of the EPs... not entirely sure on that last bit though. ^.^; I took a short listen to 'em, and they all sounded quite familiar. Very pretty music; I shall be listening to it quite often in game. :B

To Extract: Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Sound
Make sure that you have file extensions viewable.
Find NewAge.package
Rename it to NewAge.mp3

The entire radio station will be smooshed onto a single track, so you'll have to search through the track to find the song you want. Then, if you have an audio program like Audacity, you can simply record the bit you want. Or, you can just listen to the whole thing.

Well, that's how I go about it. :3

Thank you so much, been searching for hours on how to get a copy of the song, thought I was out of luck .

I don't remember the other new age songs from ts1, then again I didn't have to of the expansion packs and didn't really listen to the music anyway.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:49 AM
Don't hold me to this, because I'm not sure... but I was lookin' around the official Sims site today, and I think there is something there where you can download sims songs. I think... but I don't know.
#7 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 9:37 AM
The way I do it:
*Open SimPE *THen open your NewAge Music
*Then really,just right click and extract each one, saving it as .mp3
*Its hit-and-miss,unless you can remember the order of the songs from the game
*Open in iTunes or your music program till you find it

hope this works for you,it does for me
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 10:32 AM
Ha, yeah all of those songs are from Sims 1. I actually felt a bit nostalgic listening to it. So much so that after playing Seasons on my desktop, I reinstalled Sims 1 on my laptop.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 2:25 PM
What a nice surprise from Maxis!

I have the game--found it at Best Buy last night, finally--but I haven't installed it yet because I'm waiting for the InSIMinator to be updated. Now, I'm looking forward to it just to hear some old music from The Sims 1.

"You party hard, you play hard and that's what we do. We put a lot into it
and we enjoy the good stuff, hate the bad stuff and that's part of it." - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo
Don't hold me to this, because I'm not sure... but I was lookin' around the official Sims site today, and I think there is something there where you can download sims songs. I think... but I don't know.

They have a couple fo sountracks from the sims 1 and the university EP and OFB I think, but they are about $10 (which I am not paying for one song) and apparently since NIghtlife they haven't released soundtracks anyway so there is no way tot get the song. Besides, technically these are just recycled from ts1 so it would be weird to charge for it for ts2.
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:08 PM
Thanks for the help, now I know to use it for all of the songs I like.

And I think I mixed up the New Age and New Wave channels when I was talking about songs I liked
Theorist
#12 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 2:34 AM
Yeah, I've notice that the New Age Station is all build mode music from The Sims 1! I thought it would be Superstar music because of the station name but I was wrong. I still like the build music though, it was nice of Maxis to bring that back.

I wonder if this is another pattern that Maxis is doing. OFB came out in the spring and had Sims 1 buy mode music. Seasons came out in spring too and brings back Sims 1 build mode music. Maybe EP 7 will bring back more? I doubt it, but it could happen.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 7:17 AM
i loved all of that superstar techno! i might just go listen to it now.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:10 AM
I have all of the Sims 1 songs in my game. Wouldn't like the game without them.

MATY is the most childish and the most hostile site I've ever come in contact with.
Inventor
#15 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:49 AM
Build mode music of Sims 1 was soooooo much better then Sims 2....

Whenever I need to build something and I'm in build mode for a longer time I mute the music... It drive me CRAZY! :gonemad:

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.