Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:53 PM
Default What conflicts with...
....the mod Tits & Arse stuff?
I know the mod isn't supported here, but I can't figure my way around backalleysims.
I know it conflicts with a lot, but I deleted most of my mods. I do have content from sexysims2 and custom skintones, could they be the problem?

Thank you It crashed as I attempted to load my family.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:28 PM
It's such a huge compilation of stuff, that there is really no way to know, let alone guess sensibly. Try the HCDU, or the 50/50 method (which I assume you can use on the T&A stuff as well as your other CC).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 7:48 PM
When installing big mods, it's best to install that one first, and add the rest of your CC slowly so you see which mods will work and which ones won't.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:22 PM
HCDU found nothing :/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 8:43 PM
I play with the regular base game and still nothing.

I took out all everything from the Downloads apart from my defaults & ACR which isn't supposed to conflict, but it still crashes when it gets to live mode. Ugh, I guess I'll just uninstall the game and restore my folder backup. Pity, because I really wanted to play this.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 9:18 PM
Reinstalling is very unlikely to help, unless you've been messing with your game's install files recently. It's more likely that this is a problem with the family or lot in question. How many families are affected? In which neighbourhoods? What about in a new set of user files, same problem?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 9:25 PM
I'm playing Belladonna Cove - when I tried to load my main family, it crashed on the loading screen.
When I tried to load another family, I got into live mode but I only played 5 seconds and it crashed.

I enabled the mod warning thing and it showed 3 conflicts, so I've taken them out and I'm gonna run the game now and see what happens. One of those mods is one I'll miss a lot.

Edit: Removing the conflicts didn't do antything
Inventor
#8 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 10:17 PM
I use T and A for one of the hoods I currently play. What Nysha said in post #2 and simmer22 said in post #3 Is nothing but the truth. I play my regular games with 357 megs of mods/hacks , 407 folders and 1408 package files. I play my T and A game with 209 megs of mods/hacks , 216 folders and 765 package files. It conflicts with all kinds of things ( whether HCDU shows it or not , and I'm not sure that it would ever show a conflict with T and A, as it is looking for conflicts , I believe , solely in your Downloads folder ...between different mods... not conflicts between mods and what is in the separate exe that runs T and A). I do use ACR and many defaults ( skintone, eyes, etc... but no clothing defaults) without any troubles with them..

It definitely conflicts with the Visitor controller , the build/buy enabler ( which also allows access to inventory on comm. lots) and a host of other larger mods. It also conflicts with many smaller scope mods .... antiwatchout ( so that sims don't stumble over their driveway), No NPC witches on comm. lots by Palladin and many more. It has some kind of conflict ( but not a game crashing one) with Christianlov's custom skintone selector prototype , A few of the sims that I've changed skintones for using that sometimes appear with a green witch skin and I have to revert them to my original change.

I'd do ( and did) what simmer22 suggested, pull everything, work it back in a bit at a time. I never experienced crashes, but I was experiencing non standard behavior/menu options ( for either EA or T and A) . Many of those won't make themselves readily apparent until you do different things within the game and notice problems occurring. I think I spent about 8-10 hours making it playable with as many of my mods still being used as I could , not a fast or easy setup by any means.

ETA , if you're referring to any of Hunter240x's stuff , I have all ( about all?) of it in my game, no conflicts there for me.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 10:38 PM
You need to remove all your cc, except for things like multi PT packs, Super Hug Fix, anything that will make your game explode and load up a test family. If your game plays fine put the cc back and try and load that same family. If it crashes you will know for sure it's cc. Reinstalling is only for trouble in the installation files on C drive, not things in your download folder. Recently I had a crashing problem and after doing a 50/50 I discovered it was a cupboard, so you never know what it might be.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 11:02 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm gonna try now. Cheers!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 11:12 PM
Well, just took out all the CC and it still crashed!
*rapidly goes to control panel and uninstalls the pack quickly*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 1:13 AM
What are you uninstalling? If you placed third party content in your installation files as some cc does go in there you should still be able to remove it. Does that T&A thing go in the installation files? I've always been very slow to use any third party content that changes those files as it can mess your installation up if it's not made properly or you miss a step and don't install it properly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#13 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:28 AM
I'm assuming they are uninstalling the exe Jo. T and A is not just a cc add on , as most think, ( there is cc that can be added to it, specifically made for it , but I don't think the OP got anywhere near that point) it is it's own exe.

Copy pasted from my older version on this comp:

Installation:
The T&A installer must be run on your computer with Administrator rights. That may require 'right click' and choose Run as Administrator.
To install just launch the installer, Sims2Tits&ArseInstaller.exe. The installer is deliberately written to place the files even if they already exist so you can rerun the installer any time to update or repair an installation.
The Sims™ 2 Tits and Arse Stuff will use copies your M&G executables (Sims2EP9, TS2BodyShop & PackageInstaller) so it does not include them, it does not circumvent securerom and you will need the M&G DVD in the drive to run T&A. It will run a batch file to xcopy the files from M&G during installation.
If there is no 'The Sims 2' folder in 'Documents\EA Games' then the first time you run The Sims™ 2 Tits and Arse Stuff it will create one and add it's 'shipped files' if the folder does already exist then it's shipped files can't be added. If your familiar with the game's file structure there is a collection file included (\The Sims 2 Tits and Arse Stuff\TSData\Res\UserData\Collections) that may be worth copying into your collection folder.

To uninstall:
First remove it using Windows Programs and Features in the Control Panel then browse to the location that you installed it to and delete the entire folder.

To run The Sims™ 2 Tits and Arse Stuff :
The Sims™ 2 Tits and Arse Stuff can't be launched from the game's launcher nor will it auto run from the DVD but needs to be launched directly from it's own icon either from the All Programs menu or from the optional desktop icon.

That's what I assume they are undertaking

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:42 AM
Hopefully that works for them.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 12:39 PM
Yep, I'm uninstalling T&A pack and replacing The Sims 2 file in my documents with my backup.
Such a pity, it all looked so interesting.