Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#926 Old 6th May 2024 at 7:31 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 7:56 AM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
*Went to the nephrologist (I'm pretty much stable).
*I got my package from Australia today (Got more toothpaste to try out.)
*My aunt Lucinda is visiting (She's currently describing the operation of her kidney replacement.)

It's a nice day.

Oh!

*Got a 50% discount on the iced tea mix my parents and I use and it was $8.50 for a 12 can case of seltzer but if I bought 3 cases, I would only pay around $10.88 during my evening grocery and pharmacy pickup. (3 case totaling $10.88, to be clear.)

So far, I have saved in cash around $57. However, I didn't get paid this week because my mom was TOWOPed due to lack of work for her. No pay for her, no pay for me.

TOWOP? Time Off W\O Pay.

Either way... I have a plan.

Ah-hah!

After waking from my afternoon nap to see my father check on the mini meatloaves for him and mom, it turned out my parents finally got the money they needed and I was able to deposit the long-awaited check into my account, so everything from last week is squared away.

I am still working on my dental hygiene product reviews. I'm almost done with the mango flavored toothpaste. Eventually a reorder may happen.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#927 Old Yesterday at 7:34 PM
I took a nap in the cat's cuddle recliner. But I was left well enough alone after having trouble sleeping last night.

I am waiting on a package today. I am organizing some things, so I'm going to be busy for a while.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#928 Old Yesterday at 9:40 PM
Fantastic because tomorrow and friday are holidays which means 4 day weekend
May and December are the 2 best months of the year because they're half assed (depending on which team / department you're in of course).
Scholar
#929 Old Today at 12:30 AM Last edited by Elynda : Today at 1:21 AM.
The raising of the 'Great Pyramids' of Fae Lawns today. By which I mean my runner beans are ready for planting out. Or, rather, it will have been yesterday by the time I finish typing and post this. But it was a good day because it was the first day this year when I could spend the whole day in the garden, without it either pissing with rain, or there being some other demand on my time.

I only have a small vegetable plot, so the two pyramids have to be carefully positioned so I can get at them without trampling on my other stuff. This year I am going to try growing some broad beans, because the ground seems to favour legumes. I've also already some potatoes on the go, because my sister-in-law rather bulled me into it, in spite of my protests that they're too much trouble. I certainly couldn't grow huge great King Edwards in such a small space, but I've planted two varieties of small salad potatoes to see how they get on. The rest of the space will be for my usual crop of carrots, because I can always find a use for them.

With the ground prepared and the pyramids erected, I spent the rest of the time weeding and tidying up. Pulled out all the dead bluebells, and the tulips, which are just snail fodder now that they've finished flowering. I'm still finding the odd white onion weed here and there, but nothing like it was when I started work on this garden, four years ago now. Also the dreaded Herb Robert, which has attractive pink flowers, but it does rather take over if you let it. Also it has a rather musty, unpleasant smell that I don't like.

Was so busy I lost track of time and next thing you know it was six o'clock and time for food. All I had in the house were some sausages, eggs and a tin of baked beans. But I've no objection to combing those three, once in a while.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Page 38 of 38