Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 7:12 PM Last edited by no.1froggie : 4th Aug 2015 at 7:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Shadow on 1 wall FIXED
This is the second time this has happened and nothing I do gets rid of the shadow. As you can see in the picture, the room is lit up except the top half of the one wall. This is in a basement and that is the outside basement wall. I have had this happen on a garage one time that was attached to a house on foundation. Any one know why this shadow appears and how to get rid of it? Thank you

Deleted basement wall and readded it in and the shadow was gone. Would delete this thread but can't figure out how.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 7:29 PM
The game is rather quirky about how it handles lighting (put a potted plant near a corner and suddenly the entire corner is dark). What happens if you place a light, ceiling fixture or floor lamp, in front of that wall? Try moving the light around the room and see if/how that shadow changes. And what is that white outline? Basically the game senses something blocking the light; what that is may not be logical to you or I, but it is to the game.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nimrod2
The game is rather quirky about how it handles lighting (put a potted plant near a corner and suddenly the entire corner is dark). What happens if you place a light, ceiling fixture or floor lamp, in front of that wall? Try moving the light around the room and see if/how that shadow changes. And what is that white outline? Basically the game senses something blocking the light; what that is may not be logical to you or I, but it is to the game.

Thank you for your reply. The white line, sorry forgot to mention what it was, is just one of those lights that you get in buy debug mode. I use those for temporary lighting till I get the room furnished. I'm not sure if anything was blocking the wall somehow or not. Not sure if it was something on the floor above it. Deleting the basement wall and adding it back in seems to have fixed the issue.