Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 10:44 AM Last edited by Xiove : 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Subhood selector display error
I just noticed my downtown selector says 'Double Deluxe' at the top, even though I've never installed that or even owned that game version. Truthfully I can't say if this is new or if I just haven't noticed before. I have BG and most EPs and stuff packs on regular, physical discs but a few of the latest ones are Origin DDs (everything from FT up to M&G I think).

So is this a glitch I should take seriously or is it just some minor weird display issue?

Edit: Google!fail on my part. Just found a MATY thread which suggests it's something M&G adds to some games. I recently re-installed, so I guess that's why I got it now.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 4:24 PM
Double Deluxe includes the base game, Nightlife, and Celebration! Stuff packs. I think after The Sims 2 Double Deluxe was released, it got very difficult to buy just the base game. I personally wouldn't think this is a very serious issue, especially if Downtown works just fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 5:08 PM
I'm not sure what you mean? I don't have Double Deluxe, that's why it makes no sense to me I'd see that. I've played TS2 since the original release, so nothing else was available back then, and I have no compilations that came after as I've bought everything in order of release.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 7:22 PM
I'm not sure, then. Do you have Mansion & Garden Stuff? I heard a rumor that, if you had the stuff pack installed as well as Nightlife, the Downtown selector will show "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe" even if that compilation wasn't installed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 7:35 PM
Yeah, I found a thread on MATY regarding that, see OP edit. Like they say in that, it makes absolutely no sense to advertise Double Deluxe to those who already have everything in it. EA, I swear... *shakes head*

But you know what, I think I understand now why there was a misunderstanding. I put 'Origin DDs' in my post meaning Digital Downloads and didn't realize it might be used to mean 'Double Deluxe' if someone were to skim!