Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 6:35 PM
For a screen-shot, one way to do it is to press control-PrintScreen, then load Paint, select Paste from the Edit menu, then Save As... as JPEG, then upload here as an attachment. You may have to compress the file, if your screen size is too big.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 5:03 AM
Okay, I put up my specs on page 1...Need anything else?
shiny!
retired moderator
#28 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 4:19 PM Last edited by callistra : 24th Oct 2008 at 4:31 PM.
Your computer doesn't even meet minimum requirements to run the base game. With integrated graphics a minimum of a 2.0ghz cpu is required to play the base game through Uni. For expansion packs beyond that, a 2.4ghz cpu is required.

This is all because your 'graphics card' isn't a real graphics card at all. It's an integrated video chip on the motherboard, and one that isn't supported and known to have problems at that. Please read this guide written for people in your situation: http://modthesims2.com/wiki.php?tit...nboard_Graphics

That said, I don't see how your system specs have anything to do with clothes not showing up. That's not indicative of a system problem, that's indicative of a game problem (software not hardware). If you were lagging, or crashing, or graphics were distorted, then that would be one thing. But clothes not showing up wouldn't be caused by a hardware problem..

I would first try removing your entire Downloads folder (place it on your desktop or what not) from My Docs. Right click and choose to create a new folder and name it 'Downloads'. Then redownload the clothes you want to use and place them in the newly generated folder. So now all you have in there are the clothes you want to show up in the new folder. Test it like this. Still doesn't work? Remove your ENTIRE EA Games folder found in My Docs and let the game generate a fresh one. Then create a new Downloads folder and place freshly download clothing files in it and test as before.

Are there any sims you've downloaded that DO show up like they're supposed to?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 6:46 AM
Yea, all of the ones I downloaded before the beginning of this month work fine...
And I'll try what you said, and let you know how it goes, thanks!!!
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 3:21 AM
I have a problem similar to this. I downloaded Nova L's Prince Zuko and everyone else seems to be able to use it just fine, but it reverts to the default clothing when I go to lots. I can see it when I'm making my sim and in body shop. I can get the hair, skin, and his scar to appear, but not the clothes. I've downloaded other things from this site before and have not found any problems with my other downloads, and I do believe that my computer is capable of running the game. I have just about all of the expansions, so I really don't understand what's wrong. Any ideas?

Download details
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 4:16 PM
Yep- the solutions offered on this page. Post your system specs; also generate a clean Sims 2 folder and test the problem clothing in a clean hood with no other CC.
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 5:04 PM
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
Computer:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU
E2140 @ 1.60GHz
1.60 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

And please bear with me. I know very little about this sort of stuff and I honestly have no idea what half of that means. I asked my father (and he's a computer genius) and he said I should have met all the minimum requirements for the game. I don't think that that is the reason it doesn't work. Oh, and here's a screen shot of what happens in my game.

The text says: 1 "It shows up here, in body shop, and when I make the family..."
2 "But not in the lot! These other people are also downloaded sims that work just fine. So what's up with Zuko??!?!"

Sorry I couldn't make it bigger. The place I upload it to automatically shrinks the size of it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 5:09 PM
Okay, we'll need your full system specs:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...lp:System_Specs
Also I cannot see that image- 403 forbidden. Try uploading it here:
http://www.modyourpanties.com/
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 5:19 PM Last edited by crazy4zuko : 1st Nov 2008 at 6:15 PM.
Or maybe this one?

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P35-DS3L
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
2046MB RAM
Page file:
925MB used 2507MB available
DirectX version:
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 6:50 PM
We'll need your graphics card specs too. I can see the picture just fine- thing is I can see your original one now, too! D'oh. Anyway, I still think this must be something to do with your folder setup, as there are no others reporting this issue with this content. Try creating a clean Downloads folder using the Bodyshop method, and put all your existing files in there. Also make sure you have tried ALL steps in this Wiki article- the Bodyshop trick is in there, too:
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...ame_Help:GCCTSU
Test Subject
#36 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 8:38 PM Last edited by crazy4zuko : 1st Nov 2008 at 8:56 PM.
Is this the right info?

Name:
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
Manufacturer:
NVIDIA
Chip Type:
GeForce 8400 GS
DAC Type:
Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory:
512.0 MB
Current Display Mode:
1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

By the way, I have all my downloads in a Sims 2 downloads folder on my desktop. I install the Sims2pack files by double clicking them and clicking yes when the box appears. I paste the package files in the downloads folder located in C:\Documents and Settings\Rachel\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads, so I don't think I'm putting them in the wrong folder...

I downloaded and installed that CEP color thingy for some of my other downloads (before I got Zuko), but whenever I played Sims 2 a thing would pop up saying something about custom content causing problems with a list of objects, so I removed my downloads and played it and it did the same thing. Then I got rid of that and got Zuko and his clothing didn't work. Could uninstalling CEP cause errors with clothes? I didn't notice a problem with anything else though because I downloaded them after uninstalling it. I've tried redownloading each file (the Zuko file numerous times) and I've come out with the same exact results.

And I can't find that body shop thing you were talking about.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 8:49 PM
Did you create a fresh Downloads folder? How did you create it?
Test Subject
#38 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 8:58 PM
Wait by 'fresh' do you mean I need to completely delete the whole folder and make a new one or...

'Cause what I did was select all the files in the folder and deleted them. I also deleted the files in my Sims 2 download folder on my desktop and I found the files and re-downloaded them.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 9:50 PM
See that link I posted above, the one that says you need to try all steps? Well, try all of the steps in that. One of the steps involves having the game generate you a clean Downloads folder. Try it all.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#40 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 12:49 AM
Your graphics look bloody terrible. Check your ingame settings, and turn them up - you have quite a powerful graphics card so you should be able to turn them up pretty high. The issue with meshes reverting can, iirc, be caused if your graphics settings are so low that the game uses a lower poly version of the mesh - one which creators don't bother with editing.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#41 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 12:55 AM
white - It's not a matter of not bothering with editing, but that there is no known way to link a low-detail version of a mesh to the high-detail one. EAxis can do it with theirs, but except for default replacements, creators can't do it with ours.

But either way, yes, turning up graphics is probably a good idea to rule that out as an issue - that can and does cause problems with custom meshes. "Sim/object detail" in graphics options is the main setting that controls that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#42 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 1:07 AM
Ah, thanks for clarifying - not sure if I'd heard wrong or just assumed wrong.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 2:33 PM Last edited by crazy4zuko : 2nd Nov 2008 at 2:58 PM. Reason: It Finally WORKED!!! :D
Quote:
I just tried to cut my Downloads and SavedSims folders like the Body Shop Trick told me to, but when I launched Body Shop it immediately crashed. I've used it before to edit a few things, so I know it's worked before on my computer. But now I replaced those folders and it's still crashing! Now what's wrong?

This is yet another problem with my computer. I turn on my computer and some programs don't want to start. I restart my computer and they work just fine. I got it to work now, but do you know why my computer does this by any chance?

I just tried it out and it finally worked!!! Thanks soo much!!!!!

It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked! It worked!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#44 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 8:30 PM
Well done! For your programs not starting- there could be a number of things causing that; the most likely is (in the case of the Sims 2 and Bodyshop) corrupted game caches, or else some other program interfering. Try shutting down nonessential tasks; also check your PC for viruses and malware.
Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 10:46 PM
Thanks! I'll try that!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 8:01 AM
Okay, so it appears i need a larger disc to backup my sims 2 folder, im going to see what i can do this upcoming Thursday, i hope to have an answer by then!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#47 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DavidTigerfang
Okay, so it appears i need a larger disc to backup my sims 2 folder,

STOP DOWNLOADING!
#48 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 6:21 AM
Is that EVER an option?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Page 2 of 2