Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:17 PM
I will probably go through the full cycle, but i might make a dessert neighbourhood where it is perpetually summer :p

I quite like the sound of Autumn (fall) because I HATE cheating and using boolprop to maximise my skills! and I read that it will be easier to build your sims skills up in the Autumn season, which would come in rather handy :nod:
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 10:27 PM
hmm i go back and forth alot so after playing a hood (i assume there will be a defualt setting) as maxis set it up i think id have strange town more than likely spring/summer/summer/autum pleasantvills well depending on how i like which season itll probably be spring/summer/summer/spring since im a gardener =] and versona will get all i think (or i might flip flop it and switch this with pleasantsvills) and for hahas i might to a coustum hood always winter or winter and autum .

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#28 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 1:34 AM
I'm still kind of debating on whether or not I want my lot testing neighborhood to be winter, spring, summer or fall. The other "debate" of mine is to make 4 different testing neighborhoods, each with a different season for my lots.
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:52 AM
Well my Pleasantview is set in California so thats why im substituting winter with extended autumn.
#30 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 9:51 AM
The whole cycle starting with Winter.
#31 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 5:57 PM
Not sure yet either. I deleted strangetown and veronaville, and I rarely play Pleasantview anymore (I have two custom neighborhoods). But I'll probably keep the new neighborhood all winter, or perhaps with winter, winter, spring, autumn. Pleasantview... Hmmm, assuming I'll play it, it will get a 'normal' cycle. And I'm on the verge of deleting my two custom neighborhoods (I'm kindof growing bored with them).
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 9:17 PM
I really love Winter, even if it crap where i live So ill probably have it as Winter for 3 of the cycles and Fall for the 4th as i like Fall too. Summer & Spring are a little boring imo, plus the games are in a summer set already anyway.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 4:31 AM
I would probably make it Spring/Summer/Winter/Winter in University. Winter would seem nice for those romantic moments on the ice with your girlfriend as her kiss is the source of all the warmth at the moment. I wonder if we will get beach blankets for summer?
Test Subject
#34 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 4:47 AM
I don't know. Everything and anything depends on my mood (not just seasons - life in general)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 1:31 PM
Knowing me i'd probably want my weather to change with real life weather. For example i probably wont play a family that is in summer when in my real life it is winter. I'm just wacky like that. But of course i want to play all seasons.
#36 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 6:44 PM
Spring (maybe autumn) in all 'hoods but Strangetown and Tatooine (My Star Wars 'hood) Those two will be summer.
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 11:11 PM
I'll start with Winter>Spring>Summer>Fall,So I can see all the new interactions,Then proberbly Winter>Winter>Summer>Fall
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 11:15 AM
Pleasentview will be Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter.

Strangetown will be Spring/Summer/Summer/Autumn.

I don't play Veronaville very often, but I quite like the idea of having long winters there.

I have a bunch of custom hoods, but I don't play them often either, so I'm not sure about them.
#39 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 9:14 AM
Pleasant - Winter, Winter, Winter, Winter
I don't play Veronaville and Strangetown frequently. but i want these neighborhoods winter.

i love winter :p
Field Researcher
#40 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 10:14 AM
What, can you change the seasons with the season changer, just in case you change your mind about seasons and want to make them something else? Or is it basically perment?
Test Subject
#41 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 9:50 PM
Ooh, good question. I hope you can change them again if you change your mind.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 1:12 AM
From what I've read you're able to change it whenever you're in the neighbourhood screen.
#43 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 9:40 PM
i'm just going to experiment with diffferant setups and see which seasons i prefer but i will probally start with a normal cycle
#44 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 10:29 PM
Pleasantview and my Unleashed neighbourhood will start with Winter and go through all the season's in order.

My Strangetown will skip winter and have an extended Summer or Autumn, and I am not decided yet on my other custom neighbourhood. I don't play Veronaville.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 3:44 PM
Well I live in Denmark and as the seasons has been this year - it was something like Spring, spring, summer and then fall. With only one week of something that could have been winter. That might be my setup for at least one hood.
I need to play with a full circle as my favorite thing about this ep is the gardening and you will need fall for harvisting your products (at least that is what the designer said int he walk thogh) and spring to plant them.

Strangstown have to be summer summer summer and then spring for the rain season.

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
#46 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:06 AM
I hope my computer can deal with all four of them. Since theyve been living in a sort of eternal summer forever now, I think I will be most interested in winter and fall. Especially winter. I love to see them skate! (And all that beautiful snow piling up on the outdoorfurniture)
#47 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:17 AM
Just the default.
At first. I'll problably end up changing it.
Because Im pretty impatient, and the seasons last 5 days! xD
#48 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:24 AM
I think I'll have Pleasnview be all 4, Strangetown will be what ever I feel like playing (because that is how it is now, a clash of every thing that isn't 'normal') and I don't play the other one
Field Researcher
#49 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:13 AM
Well do not know what I will do. I am currently not playing The Sims 2 at the moment. I am playing Life Stories. But the moment I get Seasons. It will offically be time to start playing once again. But I have always intened to have Strangetown be the way it was and have it be Summer/Summer/Summer/Summer. Even though that is the same as the game now.

I might even, since you could change the seasons at any time. Play in only seasons, so each lot is affeated by the one season. It's stupid the way they have it now. I am also thinking of maybe making Pleasantview and all winter neighborhood. Or Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall.

Don't forgot about the new neighborhood, Riverbossem Hills. That looks to be a perfect neighborhood for the seasons.

p.s. Then again, I think the way I am playing the game is all wrong. First off, I speed way too much and I do not have the pacients to stick to one thing. I AM A SUCKY SIMS 2 PLAYER!!!
#50 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:20 PM
So disappointed that you cant change subneighborhoods seasons cycle separately. I suppose I'll just need to change them individually everytime I play different "downtown".
Page 2 of 3