Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I got it this morning. Can't tell ya where lol

Blatimore? because Bmore = Baltimore

So the Digital Download from EA is 1PM!? I'll be in school @ that time. FRACK if it is, but if it isn't I won't be disappointed.

I do hope it's 1AM, for those who did the Digi Download from EA. :D

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:56 AM
We're snowed in here and it's a 90 mile trip to shopping, so I'm thinking the digital download which I've never done before...so what's the downside? What happens when I need to reinstall - which I've had to do many times - and I have no disk to redownload it? Do I get a code or anything? Anyone?
#28 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:39 AM
You can copy it to a disk. Just one though, for "personal use".
#29 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 4:55 AM
So it seems like 1 person in the United states has gotten this from a retail store? And they won't even say where?
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:09 AM
i preordered it from amazon, and i haven't gotten it yet.
#31 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
So it seems like 1 person in the United states has gotten this from a retail store? And they won't even say where?

Probably Walmart

On a seperate note I hate buying Sims games at like Gamestop or something like that. They always look at you like you aren't a true gamer. As if they are so l33t. :eviltongu
#32 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:27 AM
I called the Gamestop near me just now, 15 minutes before they closed and they said they should get it in between 10 and 11 tomorrow morning and to call them then.. so we'll see! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
If not I'll get to call Target, Best Buy, Walmart.. everywhere else I can think of :P
It's hard waiting!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:18 AM
Called best buy a few hours ago, they told me they would have it in by tomorrow, the girl on the phone sounded more excited than me. Called Walmart and they told me they should have it in by Friday at the earliest and Target had no idea what I was talking about.
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:27 AM
Default tomorrow, tomorrow, only a looooooonnnnngggg day awaaaaayyyyy
I called game Stop. they told me the release date was tomorrow, the 27th
I just checked the digital download site and it is still set to preorder status. 12CST must s tand for 12PM NOON central time. :/ That would mean 1PM EST.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:15 AM
I pre-ordered mine from EBGames online and it shipped yesterday, but stupid me accidentally had chosen the Value Shipping. Does anyone here know how long that usually takes to be delivered? I know it says 5-10 days on their site, but I'm hoping that's not completely true. I could kick myself for not choosing another option. I don't want to wait for it.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:19 AM
leighcy, you could cancel the order. I did that with amazon when they told me I had to wait 15 days or so, AFTER I ordered the next day shipping. I said screw that and cancelled the order. Then you could try the next day, but I'd suggest doing the digital download if you don't like waiting. Unfortunately that's 8 hours away...

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 8:31 AM
I would happily do that, but it's already shipped, unfortunately. Oh well, I really need to get rid of some of my huge downloads and all that anyway, so I'll just keep myself occupied with that until it arrives.
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 10:00 AM
lol i had no idea when the release date actually was, i walked into eb games yesterday morning (tuesday 26th) just looking around and noticed they had 3 copies on the shelf.... thanks very much!

Its now 9:05pm wednesday and i've played maybe half an hour of it. The desktop's stuffed so i let my sister play on my laptop.
Still, what i've seen so far, i loveDefinately worth buying.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:52 PM
I can't wait until I can get my hands on this.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:04 PM
Since it's my birthday today and it seems like, judging from the on line websites, most of the stores have it. Wal-mart is sold out though...o_O. I'm gonna go out shopping with my monies.

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
#41 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:21 PM
Today's the Day, I hope
When are y'all gonna head out to get your copies?
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:27 PM
Got a message from Gamestop that my copy will be there this afternoon. Already warned my boss I'm not working late today because I have to go pick it up right when I get off work. Now, wonder if I can back up my files before I leave for work in 30 minutes.
Original Poster
#43 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:20 PM
II'm heading to Game Stop after I get a shower. Wish me luck that I can get it
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:26 PM
If anyone is looking in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, the Best Buys in Apple Valley and Inver Grove Heights have copies already.

You can get them in store or through the site to store pick up online.
Alchemist
#45 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987

I didn't say from a retail store. heh heh heh
#46 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:41 PM
I have to say.. Thank goodness i have a friend working at Target.. In the electronics department! No run around for me anymore. *^^* Getting it Thursday.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:24 PM
I went and got mine this morning from eb games no reserve
#48 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:59 PM
Woot! Just called EB Games! My copy is in! Out in an hour and some to get it :D
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 7:13 PM
I just called EB Games and they have some copies there, so I'm going to get one during my lunch (which is in about 1/2 hour). YIPPEEEE I'm so excited!
#50 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 7:35 PM
After way too many phone calls I finally found one of like 5 GameStops nearby that already had their shipment in..
yay
installing it!

It looks like today is really when most people will get their hands on a copy!
Page 2 of 4