Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:15 PM
Ohh you wouldn't only make apartments, but duplexes and stuff like three family homes! EEK. I would definitely love to make a 3 family home. Although I can do that now, it'd be nice to not be able to control the neighbors upstairs. Or they can at least put a 3rd panel up (like Pets) Only you can't control the neighbors, but you know what they're up to. I'd totally love that. And maybe we could have complaining neighbors about "the music being too loud."

Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 11:33 PM
Yes, I forgot about that! What a great feature to add! Townhomes, duplexes, etc. And yes, certain things like loud music should be able to cause neighbors to complain. That would be cool if we had a new music volume control in-game as a feature in the stereos (not the options mode version).
#28 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Maybe we could have complaining neighbors about "the music being too loud."

Ha ha, too funny! That reminds me of when you throw a big party, and the police complain of the noise, so the party breaks up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 2:08 AM
I'm sure it would be like that just to make it a challenge. A neighbor will knock on your door to lecture you, lol.
Instructor
#30 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 2:48 AM
I surely Hope this is the next EP seeing how we have at least a year until the sims 3 comes out!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 3:42 AM
Regardless what will be the next EP, I'm just glad that there is one to begin with because I do not want to wait a whole year without anything new to play before Sims 3.
Alchemist
#32 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 3:43 AM
I thought it was still up in the air about whether there would be a new EP or not...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 4:07 AM
Well, it's not official, no, but I am seriously guessing there will be. Makin' Magic was announced to be the final Sims 1 EP before it was released. There is a reason as to why Free Time wasn't. Because originally they had planned the whole 7 EP routine... but I think due to high and popular demand, they are considering an 8th.
#34 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
To make Apartments worth being an EP, here are a few ideal features since some people think apartments is just too minimal for an EP:

-Functional apartments with new rent bill and possible eviction if unpaid three times in a row
-The ability to live alone or with a family
-The ability to search for a new townie pool known as "Roommates" via computer/newspaper and a dialog will appear with a listing of available Sims (the ability to live with non-controllable roommates)
-Managing your own apartment in case you don't want to live in one but still want some sort of challenge by becoming a landlord/lady.
-New build mode features
-Tons of objects
-New clothes, hairstyles and accessories
-Assignable objects
-Improved assignable doors (like in OFB but a single door can now be locked for multiple Sims and not just one)
-New careers maybe just for the heck of it?
-New neighborhood or new destination (with new families to try out the new apartments)

Okay, I think if the EP came with more than half of these things, it can indeed be enough for an EP for those of you who may think Apartments is not big enough for an EP.

I would love to have all of these in the game. It would be best if we could move two or three of our playable families in one apartment. A newly collage graduated son for example would return to live in the next flat of his family.

However Apartment Life doesn't fit new-old-new theme. And I still think there must be a reason for asking what would players like best in Superstar and Making Magic.

Maybe they will make apartment life adding with some SS and MM features
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 3:41 AM
Well, over at Snooty's, it is posted at another site that this may be the 8th EP. Granted, it doesn't fit the EP-routine since it's a new idea, however, perhaps EA wasn't able to incorporate both SS and MM into one EP and therefore instead of having to choose one and leave the other out (which could be a risk to certain fans) they decided to just make a new idea? I'm just speculating here.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 3:55 AM
I hope you're right, Frankie! It would be great if we were able to put up an internet or newspaper listing for roommates. It would add a new dimension of realism to the game because, honestly, many of us understand the experience of advertising for a roomie and then getting a complete lunatic! :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 4:34 AM
Oh, if this Apartment Life is an EP, I can just almost bet that we will have an option to seek roommates via newspaper/computer. It would make absolutely no sense to not have this feature. It gives us the apartment feel to the game, you know? One thing I am sure of however is that the apartments will function similar to that of the dorms and hotels, where the people who live/stay in rooms that are not yours... everything will disappear to reduce lag.
#38 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:02 AM
The Site that they got the link is now saying its Expansion Pack 8.

I think this will just be Dorms in Uni, but with rent instead of Classes.
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chessa
I hope you're right, Frankie! It would be great if we were able to put up an internet or newspaper listing for roommates. It would add a new dimension of realism to the game because, honestly, many of us understand the experience of advertising for a roomie and then getting a complete lunatic! :D

Ooh! I like that idea, that all of the townies would be in a roommate pool, but hopefully it would be like the dating pool in nightlife, where you can luck out and get the really classy, perfect roommates, or end up with an absolute psychopath developped specifically for the game (like the slobs).
Field Researcher
#40 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 7:28 AM
I would love getting a nightmare roomate! Or your sims could end up rooming with a vampire or werewolf or even a new creature from the next ep!!!! I would rather have like a crazy serial killer sim or something sinister like that instead of a new creature!! But i'm just wishful thinking.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:25 AM
Well if this is the 8th EP, I wonder what the new creature would be.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 5:57 AM
If this will be the next EP, then the game should let you select the families of a lot you want to play with at the same time, and the others who live there will just live NPC-style until you go back and select them. Actually I've wanted this ever since trying to re-create the elements of the console games on the Sims 2. This way, you can have a ton of Sims at one lot and not have to worry about always having to control all of them at once, so it's always a full house, but you never get overwhelmed trying to keep everyone happy. They should also let you hire 24/7 janitors for some lots.

I also hope that there's new challenges and unlockables (not career rewards) that you can recieve permanently for your 'hood or the whole game. I find the Sims a little more fun to play when it's more game-like and you can achieve more. I hope this is the next Expansion Pack, though. I've tried making apartments using the max number of floors cheat, the Smart Door, and the elevators. It works okay, but the elevators break sometimes and it gets annoying having to go fetch the bills and paper all the time.

As for the new creature... what about angels? I know it sort of comes completely out of left field, and I'm not really sure if angels can be considered "creatures", but it would be cool to have angelic Sims who had some sort of special abilities.
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Well if this is the 8th EP, I wonder what the new creature would be.

Maybe it would be the monster in the closet? Or under the bed, since there aren't really any closets...
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyo
Maybe it would be the monster in the closet? Or under the bed, since there aren't really any closets...

I remember that book! I seriously don't think a creature is necessary if there is an 8th EP, I honestly don't play the creatures as often. Well, I did turn Dina Caliente into a werewolf, and wanted to see what'd happen with a servo if I turned it into both a werewolf and vampire, oh and a plantsim too (nothing really, depends on what you put last. And if you turn a servo into a plantsim they have a sim head on a servo's body. Not very robotic afterall.)

Forum Resident
#45 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:31 AM
I was about to come over here and ask about that.
Hmm I wonder what could be related to Apartment, everything else in a way was related.
The Sims 2 Basegame- Alien(Guessing it came with them), Ghosts were always with them,

Nightlife- Vampire
University Zombie (Because that's when the resurrecting thing comes)

Pets- Werewolf

Open for Business- Servo (I guess because the robot stand comes with it)

Seasons- Plantsim

Freetime- Genie (Not sure what Genie has to do with Hobbies thought.

Apartment Life- ???? Who knows, most of these are from myths and such,even Robots kinda count (They aren'r really myth thought). Maybe fairies or something LOL (What? Just because it can;t kill you...)
#46 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:37 AM
Maybe the dreaded person is a landlord! oooohhhhhh, spooky!!! :laugh:
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwoods977

Oh man I never thought of that! XD Maybe they are somehow related to Crumpypants...

The landlord should be an NPC only if you set that lot to an apartment. They'll act like that old gym teacher from uni, there should be an option in the queue saying "Where's my Money" with his picture on it, and the Tenant get's a huge lecture.

Scholar
#48 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwoods977

OH GOD NO!!!!

*dies*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:32 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if they raised the household limit for this EP since it would be about apartments and so it could go perfectly since apartments of course have more people in them than a house. That way you can play with multiple families and not have to be so limited with how many children they will get.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 1:22 AM
that would be too funny if Mrs. Crumplebottom would be the landlady!!!! Oh, what fun!! My sims would get evicted for sure!
Page 2 of 19