Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 4:30 PM
Whats a snapdragon?

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 4:44 PM
It's a flower you can craft in OFB. It releases puffs of smoke which raise motives.
Scholar
#28 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 4:49 PM
Oooo.... I shall have to try that now.

Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 6:27 PM
QueenRebecca, I have had the same issue with my main neighborhood, soo many sets of twins, far more than the one in ten odds (including one set fathered by the burglar Gordon King, which is what I get for playing around with making a sim fall in love with the man who robbed her dorm, those are some UGLY kids). None of the existing twins had had twins themselves, however, which is strange.

Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
I like giving my twin/more sims names beginning with the same letter. I also had a family who had 3 seperate children, all girls, and all their names began with 'Sa'. Samara, Sally, Samantha. I love naming traditions I often name children after their grandparents or great-grandparents if I can't be bothered to look through the baby names book I keep near my computer desk for the Sims!

I do that too. Two brothers in my game married wives with the same first two letters as themselves (Andrew married Anna and had Antonia, Antheia and Anita; Alexander married Ally and had Alfred).Its also fun trying to create names for the children out of the parents names (Austin had son Dustin, Maurice had son Reese, Alice had Alec and Ally (the same Ally from above)). Oddly enough, the twins in my neighborhood usually don't have similar names, I name them just like any other sim siblings.

"Look, I don't need this, I inhaled my favorite whistle this morning."
--Simpsons
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 5:40 PM
Take advantage of the extra vacation days and DON'T hire a nanny. She does too much that's really counterproductive...she seems to want to tend hunger above anything else even when other motives are closer to distress.

Have a dollhouse before you buy any of the skilling toys. The ability for 2 to use it at once makes it a space saver and also keeps them busy even when their mood is less than good.

Be diligent about potty training them and lock the potty train want if they have it. If you manage to always get them on the potty then they should be trained by the time they grow up and the aspiration that gets them should be enough for them to grow up well.

The no baby harassment (not sure where this comes from) mod is very helpful. It will keep adult sims from pestering the little ones and feeding them 40 times an hour instead of doing something productive.
#31 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daisy2007
The no baby harassment (not sure where this comes from) mod is very helpful. It will keep adult sims from pestering the little ones and feeding them 40 times an hour instead of doing something productive.
This hack comes from More Awesome Than You, more precisely from here. Note that I've given the BV version. There's also lobonanny if you want to make your nannies smarter and not so annoying. Again BV version :P
#32 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 7:10 PM
I find that the best combination for teaching toddlers skills is to do it in autumn/fall, feed the toddlers the smart milk and make who ever is teaching the toddlers wear the Thinking Cap. They'll learn skills (especially potty training) really quickly and this is especially helpful if you have multiples :D
#33 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 4:54 PM
I put my twins/triplets/quads in separate rooms.That way if one walks up he/she wouldn't wake the others up.Remember if a baby is crying with a room with more babies he/she will wake the others!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 7:16 PM
Oh, I really love multiples! And I love watching two toddlers play together with the dollhouse, it's the cutest thing ever!

With multiples, smartmilk is even more usefull than with just a single baby. Try only feeding your little ones with smartmilk. It's been said that if a toddler has more than 10 bottles of it, he/she will be a faster learner for the rest of Her/His life.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Field Researcher
#35 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 2:55 AM
Twin Crazy!!!!
My Loner Legacy Neighborhood has gone twin crazy!!!! Ajay's grandson, Dante, had 6 kids....... a set of triplets, Wish, Willow and Wystan. And then three singles, Natasha, Yamir and Khadija. Well they got married and Willow, Natasha, Yamir AND Khadija all had natural twins!!!!

Dante's brother, Xavier married Ophelia and they also had 6 kids. 4 singles and a set of natural twins, Zion and Zander. Well guess what Zander had twins!

Thats waaaaay to many twins in one game! 4 of them are boy/girl sets. One boy/boy set.

No twin hack, just the trips and quads.

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Test Subject
#36 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 8:38 PM
I was playing the ottamas family today. Their twins are kids now, Ugly kids! anyway She had TRIPLETS!! I think I am going to die.
#37 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 3:05 AM
is there any other "natural way" to have triplets and quads
retired moderator
#38 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by squzalkitty
is there any other "natural way" to have triplets and quads

Nope. Triplets and quadruplets weren't coded into the game, only twins.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
#39 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:31 PM
Fertility in FreeTime?
I just had my second set of born in-game twins. Both parents had the Fertility Apsiration bonus. All the game says is that it will increase the chance of twins, but by how much? Anyone have any experience about how often the Fertility bonus will give you twins?
Scholar
#40 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:56 PM
I've had 3 sets of twins within the same large family.

Estelle, a CAS made Sim and the first Oakley, had 2 sets of twins (both of them InSim; she has the want to have 10 children so she had to have twins at least once). The eldest set are teenagers - a boy and a girl - and are called Palladin and Penelope, and the youngest set are toddlers - also a boy and a girl - and are called Reuben and Rosette. Estelle only seems able to have a boy if its a twin! She has 8 children and 6 of them are daughters!

Anyway, Estelle's oldest daughter has not long had natural (yay!) twin girls, Gabrielle and Gwendolyn, still toddlers as well.

Poor family. 3 sets of twins and they're only on the 3rd generation.

Alchemist
#41 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 7:59 PM
The Freetime twin boost thing is very effective. I used it on one family and they had 5 sets of twins in a row!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melethana
I just had my second set of born in-game twins. Both parents had the Fertility Apsiration bonus. All the game says is that it will increase the chance of twins, but by how much? Anyone have any experience about how often the Fertility bonus will give you twins?

idk but I get more twins naturally without the fertility bonus than I do with it, I don't know why lol. Both of the parents will have the bonus and no twins, but I have a couple without the bonus and out pops twins, lol.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:49 PM
My legacy founder and her husband both had super fertility and they got 2 sets of twins in a row.
#44 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:16 AM
The Ramaswami's have just had twins in my game (completely naturally), the only other time I've had twins was in my first game where Lilith and Dirk Dreamer had twins. (also natural)
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 5:24 AM
A big tip about getting twins, triplets or quads.....Don't.
:P
One is enough, two pushes it, three...hire the nanny.

They are all very adorable, but the waking up once momy and daddy go to sleep...isn't cool.
Tip:
Try to get a routine for everyone.
It's helped me very much.
Set a bed time.
Set wake-up time.
Set who tends to the baby and who makes breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner.
Set baies down times and play times.
I usualy have the mother stay-home and tend to everyone.
Try to know how long the baby sleeps through out the night and plan when the adults should get a good enough sleep before the turd wakes up. (Make one go to sleep before the other)

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Field Researcher
#46 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 2:56 AM
My tips are:

* "No baby harassment" from MATY is essential! - Without it family members will be dragging toddlers to the fridge continuously. Further more, tot's do not ever go into the kitchen for a bottle, get one of the bottle only fridges here or here.

* Have at least one parent stay at home, I usually use the Mother. I will also have recent uni graduates move in with their older sibling, so they can act as a Nanny & get practice for when they have kids.

* Have any member of the family buy the SmartMilk. First family member that hits platinum, makes all the SmartMillk in the dispenser. Put several bottles in Mom's inventory, a few in Dad's & a few in the helpers. I also out a few in the Tot's own inventory as soon as the change into a toddler.

* I always feed a tot SmartMilk when their hunger & bladder is at 25%. They will get the full hunger filling of the bottle & the bladder being low enough will give them the opportunity to train bathroom skill directly after being fed. Now that I type that I realize that that is quite realistic, most tots bladder need drops just after feeding.

* I use a large "baby barracks" area. This area has as many floor blankets as their are babies. Extras I store in Mom's inventory (i.e. Baby blankets all go in Mom's inventory once the group becomes tots), that is also where I store extra kids beds. All sleep stations are separated by the fence that came with pets. If you encircle each bed with wall & fence, when one wakes others will not, this works for all blanket, cribs and beds.

* In the center of the barracks I place several skilling objects. I use many custom toys I have found all over the internet. It seems each tot picks something they like best. One got hooked on the creativity blanket, he only wanted to play on that one, there were two others in the same room. Once when his blanket was occupied by another tot he threw a fit; he made it very clear that he did not want some other blanket, he wanted his blankie! I consider this a good thing, by the time he reached childhood he already qualified for one scholarship.

* If you do not want to do barracks, consider building a toddler containment area. I use the stage thing that came with ofb. Build a staged area, 4X5 squares or more, put one set of stairs there and fence the rest off. I usually add a fence around it & a locking gate. If the toddlers do not need any thing lock the gate, no fussing over the tots if sims can not get to them.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 4:22 PM
I know this is random, but this is how I take care of kids in my game:

1. Boys and Girls are usually seperated (meaning they both have seperate rooms) even if they're twins, triplets, etc.
2. I tend to not hire a nanny, but there have been a couple times where I'm desperate.
3. I find it helpful to have atleast one grandparent live with the family if the family has atleast 3 kids that are either in the Child stage, Toddler stage, or the Infant stage. If they're in the Teenager stage, I'm pretty sure they can take care of themselves a little more.
4. I usually have 1 parent stay at home, and the parent who wants to go to work (meaning, the parent who has a lifetime want that involves a career) goes to work and does their job while the other stays at home. If both parents want to work, I randomly choose a parent to work and have the other one stay home until atleast one kid is in the teenage stage. That way, the teenager can stay home alone OR take care of the younger kids (if they have any).

I tend to actually plan how many kids I want the families to have. I build their house according to my plans. For example:

My Pribynski family in my new custom nhood currently has 1 infant and is planning on having twins. No matter what, I'm making the kids have seperate rooms (I like doing that, lol) so they can express their individuality a little bit better. After twins, they might have another child, or use the extra bedroom has a guest room, office, or family room with some games and stuff.

My Carson family is a young couple, fresh out of college. They are both already very high in their careers and plan on having 2 or 3 kids... and apparently, they got their wish. They are planning on having triplets. Yes, lucky aren't they? rofl.
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 5:03 PM
I've had a number of sets of twins and that's hard enough, I can't imagine triplets and quads!
#49 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 1:57 PM
Default Sims 2 Pregnancy Glitch
If you have a ghost on your lot and your sim is pregnant, and if the ghost scares the pregnant sim it may result in the Umlimted Babies Glitch. Note: I don't download any hacks or mods!
#50 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 5:52 PM
What's the unlimited babies glitch?
Page 2 of 5