Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 9:36 PM
Default The Collins ~ Round One

Lucy: As a chef, I never got to spend as much time with Mia as I would have liked to. She was often left at our apartment, watched by whoever I could get a hold of, while I worked the horrible hours of a chef who was only beginning. That's one thing I really regret when I think back on how I've taken care of Mia.

Mia: I never felt lonely, though. My best friends Lilly (center) and Gavin (right, who is now my boyfriend) were always there for me. Not that Lucy hasn't been there enough, or anything. I don't want to give that impression!
L: I know what you mean.

L: Plus, whenever I was away, you got to practice the piano and the guitar even more. Mia's an excellent piano player. I think she's going to get a college scholarship or something. Or at least she should!
M: Yeah, I am pretty good!
L: Way to have an ego, Mia.
M: I do not have an ego. Geez.

M: Anyway, I do think I know where I got my creativity from. Lucy's always in her bedroom painting on that easel of hers. She's really good. After my mom died, Lucy did this portrait of her, and it was so good that it actually got put up at the local art gallery! So now I can go see my mom whenever I want to.
L: Yes, that was most definitely my finest work; but, most of my paintings are pretty amazing.
M: And you called me egotistical?!

L: Well, I don't believe I'm the one who stares at myself in the mirror all day.
M: Just because I like to shop and have daydreams of being a model does not mean that I am egotistical.
L: Oh, don't get all mad. I'm sorry.
M: I'm sorry too.

L: As you can see, we have a complicated relationship. We don't talk like mother and daughter; it's more like sister to sister. We fight like sisters, and we love each other like sisters. I would like to learn how to be more of a mother figure to her, however.

(Note: I hope the way I wrote this was alright)
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 10:41 PM
thank you <3jenny<3 for getting your round 1 in

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:05 AM
Default Round 1: Getting To Know Us (Payton and Addison Holden)
Round 1: Getting To Know Us (Payton and Addison Holden)

Payton Holden

I'm a clean freak and love to look my best. Addison teases me for primping all the time, but I can't help it! It's just the way I am! So in a way, you could say I'm a perfectionist of sorts.

Like a lot of women, I love to shop. I made Addison come with me and she started taking pictures of me with her cell phone. Some of them turned out terrible but this one was pretty decent.

I am horrible when it comes to nature and outdoors type activities. I thought it was cat, but turns out it was skunk and it sprayed me! I smelled so bad after, I just wanted to take a shower.

Addison Holden

I know that I've already said this, but I am a nature freak! I have a whole bug collection just sitting in my room and I am so proud of myself for filling the whole thing up! I never knew that I made such weird faces when I'm bug catching, well not before my mom took some pictures of me doing it. I look so in the zone and concentrated.

I'm shy, however, as soon as my parents leave the room I just love to dance like a mad woman. I'm a terrible dancer and I can't count the amount of times I have fallen over from me attempting to "spin".

I hate exercising. A lot. I'm one of the most inactive people out there, compared to my mom who has a whole gym membership. When she asked me to do some yoga with her, I wasn't really into the idea and you can tell by the look on my face, that I really didn't want to join in. I did anyways and ended up falling on my face.
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 2:21 AM
Thank you cheese for submitting your round 1 entry, before the original deadline. I applaud your promptness.

Since I've had recent interest, and a couple of people ask for extensions, and, because I don't have 10 contestants, and because everyone hasn't submitted round 1 yet, I am extending round one until SATURDAY, MARCH 7TH.

I still need atleast 3 contestants, so, get in those apps!

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 3:03 AM
Thanks for the extension! I am hoping to get my Round 1 posted as soon as I can, I just need to re-read it at take pictures. Like others, I've also put a link in my signature, so hopefully more people will join.

Just Call Me Allie :)
#56 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 3:09 AM
Here's my application! Hopefully I did this correctly. Everyone has done such a good job so far. *is nervous*

Mother
Name:Romey Parker
Bio: I grew up in the small country hills of River Blossom, always at the top of my class. I had a full paid scholarship to Smustle State and my parents had high hopes that I would continue into the family buisness, but I had a different dream. I'm the proud single mother of a beautiful 14 year old girl, my Farrah. I work as a waitress at a local diner, and sing part-time on the weekends with my band The Smustlers. My daughter is our lead guitarist, and I am the lead singer.
Picture:

~*~

Daughter
Name:Farrah Parker
Bio: For as long as I can remember, it's just been my mom and I. Money has always been a little tight, but I have everything I need. My mother and I don't have the typical "mother-daughter relationship". She's more like my best friend. I know I can tell her anything. & C'mon, how many daughters have a mom that's cool enough to lead their rock band?
Picture:

~*~
Romey and Farrah Parker, doing what they love.
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 1:17 PM
Good application Hale. Thanks for joining
We now need 2 MORE CONTESTANTS

Also, even though I feel that this might put some people far behind, I feel as though I should carry out regular plans, so, I will either post Round 2 up tonight or tomorrow evening....all depends on who posts what by this afternoon.

Test Subject
#58 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 7:57 PM
Thanks for the extension! I have the pictures, i just need to write the story. Which I will do when I am hope from work.
#59 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 9:22 PM
Default Round One: Getting to know the Parker family.
Round One: Getting To Know Us
Romey and Farrah Parker

Romey Parker

~
The early part of my days are spent at the diner. Don't get me wrong, it
isn't a bad job, it's just not where my heart is. We don't get a lot of buisness,
and you can often find me staring into space, humming along with the
song playing on the jukebox.
~*~

~
I think it's very important to be healthy. I try to exercise as much as I can.
It has always been important to me too look and feel my best, even if
achieving that is by running on a used and beaten up treadmill.
~*~

~
The one thing Farrah doesn't know about me, is how much I worry. I work
two jobs, which is enough to get by for now, but I worry about Farrah's future. She isn't a baby anymore, and she'll soon head off to college. I worry that I won't be able to give her everything she needs. I wouldn't want her to know that.
~*~

~
When I need an escape from the stress and worry, I turn to my music. All I have is an old out of tune piano in need of a full paint job, but I wouldn't trade it for the most expensive piano.

~*~*~

Farrah Parker

~
I guess you could call me a typical teenage girl. Well if you call being boyfriendless, unpopular, and a social outcast typical. I hardly ever go to class. What's the point? I'm not interested in what my teachers have to say. Don't tell mom, though. She's always saying how important a good education can be. I don't want to dissapoint her, but I'd much rather be outside guessing shapes in the clouds, than be in a classroom.
~*~

~
My one geeky quality..err well, one of my many geeky qualities is my ants. My babies. I've always been fascinated with bugs. My mom suprised me on my last birthday with this tiny little ant farm. I knew we didn't have the money for it, but it really meant a lot for my mother to buy me this.
~*~

~
My escape, and my passion is my music. I love rocking out on the stage on Saturday nights with my mom and the rest of The Smustlers. I haven't told my mom this yet, but I'm thinking about not going to college. I want to continue with the band. I think we have the talent to really take off. I'm scared to tell mom though. I hate the idea of letting her down.
~*~

~
I love being able to share my passion with my mother. It makes us closer. Singing the evening away is much better than studying or doing homework. Of course, mom thinks I've already finished my homework. :P
~*~
Field Researcher
#60 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 10:14 PM
Default Round 1- Getting to Know Us [The Randalls]
Round 1: Getting to Know Us
Jubilee & Juniper Randall

Jubilee:

Juniper, or June-bug as I like to call her, has the life I always wanted to have as a teenager. She has this adorable boyfriend named Adam. He comes over at least twice a week. They are pretty much inseparable. I don't mind of course, as he treats her very well.

She adores animals, and they love her back. You'll always find her cuddling with strays, no matter how smelly they are. She aspires to be a veterinarian someday. I remember a time about three years ago, she brought this weird looking dog into our house. It was smelly and shed everywhere. She spent days begging for me to let her keep him. I eventually caved. However, Sprinkles died around a year later. Poor thing. Her current obsession is cats.

June-bug loves basketball. She plays for her school team, and is pretty amazing at it if I do say so myself. She practices a lot; at least an hour a day. Adam also plays for the school, so sometimes he comes over to practice with her.

She loves The Beatles, is a coffee addict, and puts hot sauce on everything. She has an amazing singing voice, but sadly, the only person she will ever sing to is her shower head. She does have a bit of an attitude at times, but I still love her anyway.

---------------------------

Juniper: My mom definitely doesn't give herself enough credit. She is the coolest mom ever. When she was three, she moved to Earth from a whole other galaxy! How many people can say that about their parents? She's a very fun-loving and outgoing person. She always has fun no matter what the circumstances. Some people tell her she doesn't take life seriously enough, and that she has the mind of a child. It's quite funny, really, because she takes life very seriously since Daddy died.

We go shopping together a lot. She has great taste in clothing. I end up raiding her wardrobe most of the time. The pants are a bit long, but the shirts fit great. She's also a photographer, which makes her even more amazing. She sells her photographs in studios, which earns us extra cash.

My mom is hilarious. She can often be found pigging out on cookie dough and jumping on the couch when she thinks I'm not looking. I'm just thankful she's not one of those boring parents all of my friends seem to have. She's more than a mom to me, she's a friend.

But, despite her goofy exterior, she is very sensitive on the inside. She often bursts out into tears, longing for Dad. She’s also really self conscious about the color of her skin. I don't know why though. Everyone thinks its awesome. Through everything that has happened to us, she has stayed strong. I love her for that.

By the way, I don’t have that bad of an attitude.

-------------------------------

Just Call Me Allie :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 1:01 AM
Thanks for getting in your round one's alliemarie2323 & hale ... as for everyone else, please hurry to get in by or before saturday, and I still need 2 MORE CONTESTANTS!!!!

#62 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 3:33 AM
Default Application//Cassidy and Jenna Dugan
Name: Cassidy Dugan
Bio: Cassidy is a stay at home mom and loves every minute of it. She never planned on having any children, she wanted to travel, but while in Italy she met the man of her dreams and soon enough found out she was pregnant.

Name:
Jenna Dugan
Bio: Jenna is an only child and she is very very spoiled. She's very good at school and brings home A+'s. oh and she's daddy's little girl.

Watching a movie on a friday night
#63 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 8:05 AM
Default Cassidy & Jenna Round 1
ROUND 1. GETTING TO KNOW US

Jenna: Well, my first hobby is singing, I take singing lessons, I have been since i was 5. I even made it to American Idol, even though i didn't win, i will be going back when i'm older (since paula and simon didn't think i was old enough). My mommy and daddy say i sing very well. My idol is Taylor Swift and I want to be just like her. I also model and compete in beauty pageants. Someday i will be famous as a model AND singer and make a lot of money to buy all the shoes and purses i want

When i'm not being such a girly-girl i love playing outside with my best friend Kendra, pretending we are pirates or cowboys or anything really. I can tell her anything in the whole wide world. We have sleepovers every weekend, and we promised to be eachothers bridesmaids at our weddings when we grow up!

Cassidy: Oh, how Jenna would kill me if she knew I was showing this picture. Our little neighbor Noah has a huge crush on Jenna. As all the boys at her school do. He comes over a lot since i am very good friends with his parents. I took this photo at just the right time, Noah was trying to kiss Jenna and she giggled and tried to get away. I think she wanted to kiss him she was just embarassed.

Jenna:
My mommy loves looking good, she says the way you look and carry yourself says a lot about the person you are. so before she goes to bed EVERY night she puts this lotion stuff on her face, she says it gets rid of pimples. I always thought she looked funny with that stuff on, so one night I snuck into the shower and surprised her with a flash of my camera!

Cassidy: I am a stay at home mom, which means i make breakfast for my husband and my daughter every morning before they go to work and school. I pack the lunches, I make the dinner, I do the laundry and the cleaning. I love my job, i love taking care of the people i love most.

Cassidy:
I am VERY close with my husband. We met while I was traveling in Italy, we hit it off right from the start, so i brought him home to the states with me after 3 years of a long distance relationship. We go out on every Wednesday night (that's our night). 13 years later and still very much in love.

Jenna: Something me and my mom do together is my school work. She helps me everyday, she says education is very important if i want to be independent. My mom makes sure I know everything that i did from my homework, we go over it 2 times. It's annoying, but I know she wants what's best for me.
Cassidy: Yes, I help Jenna with all of her school work, she's a very smart little girl, she brings home A+'s all of the time, my husband and I were truly gifted.

hope you enjoyed our little family
Scholar
Original Poster
#64 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 9:16 PM
ashilieee_x3 thanks for joining, and getting in your round one (or part of it) so quickly!

As for questions I've recieved via PM.

YES, APPLICATIONS ARE STILL OPEN. THOUGH THIS CONTEST ONLY NEEDS 1 MORE CONTESTANT, THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR MORE!!

ROUND 1 AND APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY TOMORROW, SATURDAY, MARCH 7TH AT 11:59PM (EASTERN US TIME)

I will be posting round 2 up ASAP.

Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 9:48 PM
Default Round 2 -- 3/6/09 -3/11/09

Round 2: Girls Day Out
3/6/09 – 3/11/09

In this round, tell all about what your mother / daughter pair like to do/did on a “girls day out”. This can be something simple, that they do frequently, OR something that they only got to experience once or twice. The possibilities are endless, and by no means does it have to be something generic, like shopping (but, I don't want to step on anyones toes, so, if you were planning on using this idea, then still feel free to do so {there's more than one thing to shop for!}).

For this round, I'd like at minimum 4 pictures of this “event”. At maximum, I prefer no more than 6. If you have loads of things you'd like to share, feel free to create collages. 1 collage counts as 1 picture. So, in reality, you could have tons of pictures, depending on how many pictures you stick in 1 collage. So, don't feel held back if you really like to take pictures!

As for the writing part, as you already know, I do not care how many sentences, as long as you can thoroughly explain the pictures / story. The writing can be from either perspective (or both). Or, if you'd like, you can have a narrator speak.

As in the last round, photoshop and simpose are fine to use, but, not required by any means.

Have fun, and try to get them in by the 11th, so that this contest can stay on the original 1 month schedule. However, if anyone (or multiple people) need an extension, please ask well in advance (at least 24 hours before the deadline)

Once more, Have fun!!!
-clw8

#66 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 11:34 PM
np. i know how frustrating it is to not have enough contestants lol

come on people we just need 1 more!!!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 12:11 AM
Hi guys and girls, I would very much like to join, so you can count me in as no. 10. Just give me a few hours to get my pics and story together!

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. (Tommy Cooper)
#68 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 12:18 AM
great! thanks KyriaT
Scholar
Original Poster
#69 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyriaT
Hi guys and girls, I would very much like to join, so you can count me in as no. 10. Just give me a few hours to get my pics and story together!

Yay! Thanks for joining!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE! WE NOW HAVE 10 CONTESTANTS!! WHOO HOO!!!

However, MORE CAN JOIN IF THEY WISH!!!

Field Researcher
#70 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 1:50 AM
Default Application - Karlotte and Malfrid Vatne
Karlotte Vatne
Age 27
Bio: With all that Viking blood in running in her veins, Karlotte is stubborn and hot-headed. She grew up in a large family, as the third child of eight, and maybe that’s why she always seeks to be in the middle of attention – something that was not so easy in her childhood years. She has, however, the full attention of her husband Mons, who loves her dearly.

Karlotte Vatne

Malfrid Vatne
Age 11
Bio: Malfrid is the older of (so far) two children, and since they are born only 10 months apart, they are often considered as twins, even if they are not. Malfrid doesn’t care much about going to school, and probably wouldn’t do any homework at all, if her mother didn’t help her with it. She is a bit sensitive, and sometimes wakes up with nightmares. That’s why her father sometimes has to sleep in the kid’s room in the attic.

Malfrid Vatne

Both Karlotte and Malfrid love playing in the snow. And in the harsh Scandinavian climate there are lots of opportunities!

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. (Tommy Cooper)
#71 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 1:59 AM
yay 10 contestants *woot* that means the winner is eligible for a star, right?
Mad Poster
#72 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 2:01 AM
If you win a contest, then yes, you are eligible for a star.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Scholar
Original Poster
#73 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 2:41 AM
thanks for getting up ur app KyriaT, now lets just hope you get that round 1 up!! (I'd like to thank you again for joining, and being so prompt on gettin your required materials up )

Field Researcher
#74 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 3:31 AM
Default Round 1 - Karlotte and Malfrid Vatne

Some days are not easy at all. In the morning the tub broke down and we had to get a repairman. The children were fighting instead of eating their breakfast.. Malfrid tried to find all kinds of excuses not to go to school. Well, that happens every day when I think about it. Anyway, it became worse. My old friend Aminde, that I haven’t seen for ages - since I’m stuck up here in the house with children and housework- called out of the blue. It was so nice to hear her voice! She told me she has been living in the city for some time now, and that she is working as a dancer at a very respectable ensemble.

It made me think about my own life, my dreams and hopes, and what has become of it. It made me kind of depressed, because I felt my life was passing so quickly, and I realized I hadn’t danced for ages. Me! Who only a few years ago was one of the most talented dancers in our area? But then I met Mons, and everything changed.

Now it is washing dishes, making beds, helping the kids with homework, serving meals. What’s it all for? At one point I wanted to run away from it all, just to start fresh, without responsibility, just to live life and have fun with friends.

I was abrupt in my thinking when Malfrid came home from school. She got a D again! I explained to her how bad this was, and promised that we would buy that cat if she just tried working harder at school. My heart is bleeding for her, and I see how she struggles with the homework; it really is not her thing.

(Karlotte): But she is such a sweet girl in so many ways! Kind to everybody, smiling most of the time (except when doing homework), and that smile can melt an iceberg! I wouldn’t leave her for a million dances, what was I thinking about?? But maybe I will invite myself to visit Aminde for a couple of days, the city is not that far away, and I miss her so much.
Well that was my thaughts of the day - now I have to help my little girl with her homework!

(Malfrid): I had the worst day ever. From the morning my brother wouldn’t stop teasing me, and although I had planned to do some homework from yesterday, I couldn’t with him being so irritating. It got worse in school. I didn’t understand a thing from the science class and my teacher was very annoyed, giving me a lesson in front of the class. But worst of all, Harald, that stupid guy from 8th grade was running after me during the whole break. I HATE SCHOOL!

I couldn’t wait to come home to my mum; she is my favorite person in the whole world. She is so pretty, and sometimes does crazy things, like building a snowman even if she has work to do! Or just sit on the coach talking, even if I know she’s really busy.

My mum explained to me that my problems with the schoolwork were really serious, and that our whole family could be in trouble, and in the worst case they could take me away from my mum. This is my greatest fear! Once I heard granddad tell her that she wasn’t a good mother, and that she shouldn’t have had kids at all, with her modern ways. My mum said “you old fart”, but I don’t think granddad heard it. And it so not true! My mum is the best mum there is! When I know she didn’t see it, because I didn’t want to make her sad, I cried about the whole thing, and knew I had to do something.

So I asked my mum to help me out, and she did. It was difficult, but then I understood the Pythagoras sentences, and it was like a big victory! I felt so proud!

I have some hopes now, that I will be able – with my mum’s help – to get my grades up. And do you know what? She promised me that we could buy a kitten if I get an A next term! That is really something to look forward to!

Forum Resident
#75 Old 7th Mar 2009 at 3:55 AM
Yay, I've finished! Sorry about being so behind, it's just been a crazy, and exhausting couple of days!

-_-

Page 3 of 9