Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 2:23 AM
Default Lethal Traps
I'm building my own world with adventure components and in a few places I want to have lethal traps. For example, the Criminal Hideout is underground. You first reach it via a Dive Well, then go upstairs, similar to Small Island/Tathua's Garden in France. This is for hardened Criminals only and I want it hard to find. Along the way, there is a clue to disable some traps. If you don't find it, I want the traps to kill the Sim. There is also a clue about Death Flower so they don't stay dead. I set up a dead-end corridor, filled with hidden, inactive traps. Unfortunately the sim catches fire, but does not die. Is there a way/mod/CC that creates lethal traps?

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Dec 2021 at 7:00 PM
You may have already found this out, but it looks like the reason this trap isn't deadly (I never realized!) is that the buff it adds to sims who get caught in it is "Torched", not "On Fire", and the Torched buff doesn't kill when it times out like On Fire does - so what you'd need to make or find is a replacement for the BuffTorched class that edits its OnTimeout method.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lizcandor
You may have already found this out, but it looks like the reason this trap isn't deadly (I never realized!) is that the buff it adds to sims who get caught in it is "Torched", not "On Fire", and the Torched buff doesn't kill when it times out like On Fire does - so what you'd need to make or find is a replacement for the BuffTorched class that edits its OnTimeout method.

Making it is beyond my ability. I have not idea where to find one. Any up to a challenge?

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?