[OUTDATED] The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v.8
Updated: 27th Nov 2013 at 10:27 PM by Nysha
Available for Windows and MacOS X users
Download the latest at http://cep.modthesims2.com <<<
- The mirror site is very slow and can't bear a great load, so please try downloading several times from MTS2, before trying the mirror site.
- The links only work if clicked FROM THIS PAGE.
- The links can't be given to anyone and can't be posted to other sites.
Have you tried downloading from MTS2
several times, first?
If so, then click the button below
ACCESSORIES AND SUCH. IT AFFECTS ONLY *MAXIS OBJECTS*
The Sims 2 (base game) - University - Nightlife - Open for Business - Family Fun Stuff
Glamour Life - Pets - Seasons - Bon Voyage - FreeTime
(plus almost all the objects from the Stuff Packs up to K&B).
It can safely be used by *ALL* users, with *ANY* game configuration
23 Sept 2008- v. 9.0 released (early updated to Apartment Life + More fixes and extras)
>>> THIS IS AN EARLY RELEASE, MOSTLY CONTAINING FIXES & EXTRAS <<<
Expect a new update, with all the AL objects and updated
documentation, in the near future
(Read details on Post #4)
Read the CEP Licence Agreement on Post #2
Read the CEP Frequently Asked Questions on Post #3
Read the CEP News & Details on Post #4
If you want to be sure not to miss a update, subscribe to the CEP Updates Notification Thread
If you like this enhancement for your Sims2 game, consider to make a DONATION to either Numenor Moddings or ModTheSims2
Starting from v.8.0, both the Installer and the Manual Installation contain all the resources:
- CEP core files: these are required for the to work.
- "CEP EXTRA" components: these are fixes and additional features that are not required, but their installation is strongly suggested; read details about the EXTRA in the Documentation installed along with the CEP.
- CEP Documentation: it's optional, but it's very interesting; it includes the FAQ, a detailed list of the EXTRA and a full list of all the objects that come with the game.
- CEP Icon Set (by MaryLou): optional; it's mainly aimed to webmasters (to put them in the download web pages or in the local Info page) and enthusiasts.
INSTALLATION and USAGE
The can be installed automatically (Windows users only), or manually (Mac users, and anyone who wants to have total control on what happens on their computers )
- Automatic installation (Windows users only) - Download the file "CEP_Windows-AutoInstaller.zip" and unpack it on your desktop. Double-click on the installer (CEP_Setup.exe) and follow the instructions.
You have to choose which "CEP EXTRA" components you want to install, select the path where to install the Documentation and choose what parts of the Documentation you want to install (any older version will be automatically uninstalled).
To uninstall, use the "Add/Remove Program" applet, in the Windows control panel, or the icon in the Start menu.
- Manual Installation (Windows and MacOS X Users) - Download the file "CEP_Windows+MAC_Manual-Installation.zip"; unpack the
To uninstall, remove all the files from your system, following the instruction provided in the same text file you used for the installation. on a temporary folder. Open the temporary folder, and you'll find all the needed files, along with detailed instructions (for Win and Mac) that will guide you in the manual installation.
SIMPE USERS PLEASE READ!
There are important info for creators and users in the "CEP-Extra_Documentation" file; read them if you want to be sure that the EXTRA are recognized by SimPE.
CREDITS and ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
By now, the is updated and supported by Numenor alone.
But major credits go to RGILES and QUAXI for having invented and created with me the first CEP, that still "survives" into the current CEP.
Very special thanks to QUAXI for his valuable tool SimPE and for his great kindness and patience
Thanks to MaryLou for the help in testing the CEP, for fixing wonderfully the UV-map of the Toilet Stall and for the Official Icon set (and thanks again to Rentechd and SimplyStella for the previous icon sets)
Also, many thanks to IgnorantBliss for the countless hours spent on updating the List
And last but not least, thank you very much to all the users that helped me, reporting bugs, suggesting modifications and asking for more recolourable objects.
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Linux: Various flavours of Linux, may need Mono or Wine
Mac OS X: OS X, may need Mono
CC Managers: Tools for installing and managing custom content, custom music, custom paintings etc.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
Size: 20 Bytes · Downloads: 8,227 · 23rd Sep 2008
|20 Bytes||8,227||23rd Sep 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Redistribution Policy and License Agreement
It's FORBIDDEN: to repost my stuff anywhere.
It's FORBIDDEN: to clone my creations.
It's ALLOWED: to create recolours for my objects (and post them on any site, including paysites), BUT you can't include the mesh in your recolour: you must give credits to me for the mesh, and provide a link to the mesh download thread.
It's ALLOWED: to include my creations in your lots, BUT the lots must be uploaded on free sites (except the Exchange), and you must provide credits and a link to the download thread.