LotExpander for Free Time (Obsolete)
Updated: 27th Nov 2013 at 10:09 PM by Nysha
The LotExpander will not be updated for Apartment Life.
This is the final version of the LotExpander. It has been superceeded by the LotAdjuster:
This version of the LotExpander works with all expansion and stuff packs, up to and including The Sims 2 Free Time. The latest release resolves an issue with continuing after an abort. Please see "Known Issues" below.
The LotExpander allows you to expand "The Sims 2" lots up to a size of 6 x 6 with a few mouse clicks.
To install, just download LotExpander12A1.zip and unzip it. Run the EXE from the unzipped location. This is "alpha" software and is still in development; it is not guaranteed to work and may corrupt your lot. Be sure to backup your game before using this tool.
I have included the source code in LotExpander12A1Source.zip. There is no need to download this file unless you are a C# programmer who wishes to look at or modify the code.
- The program uses some DLLs from SimPE; they are included in the file.
- LotExpander is released under the GNU General Public License.
- You need the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to run the LotExpander: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...dd-aab15c5e04f5
1) The LotExpander sometimes does not work with Vista. There is no known solution at this time.
2) When moving a pool with rounded edges, the rounded edges will not move. For now, just delete the rounded edges before expanding the lot and add them back to the pool in the new location once the expansion is complete. If you accidently expand a lot without removing the rounded edges, the lot can be fixed using the normal build tools; however, it is more difficult than just removing them beforehand.
3) The expanded terrain takes its form from the terrain at the edges of the existing lot. This does not always produce the desired result, especially for hilly terrain and beach lots. I am investigating whether the LotExpander can use the actual neighborhood terrain for the additional land.
Please see the LotExpander tutorial at: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...3&postcount=410
If you have any problems with the LotExpander, please let me know.
Error and Warning Messages: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...7&postcount=422
Recovering from Problems: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...5&postcount=411
General discussion about modding lots: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250693
Current To-Do List: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...6&postcount=412
Release History: http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...7&postcount=413
This tool allows you to see, move and rotate portals on your lot: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=251392
Now everyone can create lots of whatever size they wish with LotExpander. Here are links to expandable lots which are 1 wide or 1 deep, and which have the sun shining on the back of the lot:
If you prefer the sun to shine from the front of the lot, take a look at aelflaed's brand new sunnyside lots:
And here are some North- and South- facing 2XN lots: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=250096
This program was designed and developed by Andi8104. He really deserves most of the credit for the LotExpander. I have been making minor changes to the tool since Andi died. The original tool is still available at:
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
Mac OS X: OS X, may need Mono
Save Editors: Tools for modifying savegames, lots, neighbourhood packages etc.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
Size: 135.3 KB · Downloads: 5,124 · 21st Mar 2008
|135.3 KB||5,124||21st Mar 2008|
Size: 700.9 KB · Downloads: 12,216 · 21st Mar 2008
|700.9 KB||12,216||21st Mar 2008|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Sharing, Requests, Help
Please do not share my programs, lots, or neighborhoods without my permission. Instead, please direct people to the latest release on this website.
Feel free to share my mods, but be sure to give people a link to the download thread here, just in case there are any future fixes.
The source code for most of my programs is available in the download thread. If I am inactive on ModTheSims for a year, or if I die, you may take over development and support of any of my programs without my permission, but the program must remain free of cost and you must keep the source code in the public domain.
If you have requests for new tools, or suggestions for existing tools, please post in the Moo Tools social group; see my Group Memberships for link. I do not accept requests for anything other than programs.
For help with any of my tools, please post in the appropriate download thread.
DO NOT ask for help or support via PM.
I will delete such requests without responding. Please see rule #5 here for details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135664