Tru Blood: Synthetic Blood Nourishment Beverage
Are your vampires tired of sucking the life out of innocent victims, or worse yet, sustaining themselves on TV dinners? Well no mowar! Tru Blood is a synthetic blood nourishment beverage that satisfies all the nutritional requirements of a healthy active vampire. This beverage can be enjoyed in the comfort of one's own home (provided one owns a refrigerator) or any place that has a soda vending machine (provided one owns the Apartment Life EP). Tru Blood is not yet available in restaurants, bars, or from hotel room service menus. We hope to extend distribution in the future, but for now please ensure that your destination has a fridge or soda machine.
- Fridge version is found in all fridges as an individual or group meal. Available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Vending machine version is found in the AL soda machine (in electronics/misc in the catalog). Both versions can be used at the same time.
- Leftovers from the group meal can be stored in the fridge if you have an Expansion Pack that enables leftovers.
- Satisfies hunger.
- Perishable (spoils).
These items were created with all Expansion Packs installed, up to and including Apartment Life and Mansion & Garden Stuff. The fridge version might work with fewer EPs or just the basegame, but it might not. Use with caution! In any case, you need Nightlife to have vampires, and I don't know why you'd want Tru Blood if you have no vampires. The vending machine version of course requires Apartment Life, since the vending machine came with that EP.
FreeTime EP Fix: If you have the FreeTime Expansion Pack, please install this mod by fway. It fixes some issues with custom drinks and cooking contests. More information available in fway's post.
Bon Voyage EP Fix: Apparently the original fridge version causes errors if you don't have the Bon Voyage expansion. Luckily, Sacred Nym was nice enough to fix this and share! Please get the "NonBV" version if you do NOT have Bon Voyage. Thanks, Sacred Nym!
- The drinking animation is a little bit off. They kinda sip through their nose, as you can see in the last pic. This is not something I can fix. The alternative was to make the bottle considerably smaller, and I figure a better sized bottle is more crucial than a perfect drinking animation.
- Sims wash the "group meal" case instead of throwing it out. This looks a bit silly since it's a box, but I was unable to fix it despite by best efforts. Sorry! They throw out individual bottles just fine.
- Eww, it's cold! Sims do not microwave their Tru Blood. I wanted to change that, but it proved more difficult than I had anticipated. Oh well. If sim babies can take their nourishement cold, so can sim vampires.
Please report any further issues in this thread.
Single Bottle = 275 Polys; Six Pack = 1632 Polys; Case = 345 Polys.
Extra special thanks to Lee, Echo, cmo, Noodle, and HP for all their hintful helps. Very special thanks to the writers of all the invaluable tools and tutorials used to make these items, and to everyone who participates in helpful Create forum threads. And fangalicious thanks to Delphy and everyone who helps keep MTS running, for without all of y'all there would be no Tru Blood for my sims.
The idea, name, and design of "Tru Blood" is not mine. All credit goes to Charlaine Harris and the creators of the HBO TV show "True Blood". No copyright infringement intended, no profit is being made from this upload. Thanks for the awesome show!
If you watch True Blood, please don't discuss the plot in this thread. We don't wanna spoil it for folks who haven't seen it yet right? Right. Good. SHH!
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a multi-part download:
Both the fridge version and the vending machine version can be used at the same time. The fridge version includes 2 package files (bottles + case) - make sure you install them both!
July 1, 2012 Update
There is a NEW version of these beverages available on tumblr. The new bottles are a bit less shiny and the texture has a touch more highlighting to compensate. Functionality remains the same. Have a look at the pics on tumblr, then download whichever version you prefer. There is also a decorative version in the same tumblr post.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
Tru Blood Beverage -- from Fridge -- NonBV.zip
| Tru Blood beverage & case. You must install BOTH included packages for it to work! Find this Tru Blood in any fridge for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Get this version if you do NOT have Bon Voyage. Thanks to Sacred Nym!
Size: 150.0 KB · Downloads: 6,562 · 6th Nov 2010
Tru Blood Beverage -- from Vending Machine (AL Required).rar
| Tru Blood beverage for vending machines. You must have the Apartment Life EP installed for it to work. Find this Tru Blood in the AL soda vending machine (in electronics/misc in the catalog).
Size: 21.6 KB · Downloads: 13,671 · 9th Aug 2009
Tru Blood Beverage -- from Fridge.rar
| Tru Blood beverage & case. You must install BOTH included packages for it to work! Find this Tru Blood in any fridge for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Size: 140.8 KB · Downloads: 21,391 · 9th Aug 2009
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5