Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#11351 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
There's a fix for it here. https://jellymeduza.tumblr.com/post.../bunch-of-fixes

Wow, I never expected EAxis to mess up the fat morphs so much. I think the worst case were the male fat morph waiter outfits, the clothing literally explodes.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#11352 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 10:51 PM
For the waiter outfit at least, you'd never mormally see it in-game on a fat sim without mods or cheats. Not sure about the ninja, is that one in the catalog? So Maxis was probably just saving costs and time by not fixing it.
Alchemist
#11353 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 11:00 PM
A toddler being cute looking at an aquarium.
Instructor
#11354 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
For the waiter outfit at least, you'd never mormally see it in-game on a fat sim without mods or cheats. Not sure about the ninja, is that one in the catalog? So Maxis was probably just saving costs and time by not fixing it.

Yeah, the ninja one is part of the OFB mascot outfit collection, so it is in the catalog.
I had opened CAS in debug mode just to take a look at the outfits and got jumpscared by that waiter outfit. EAxis weren't really expecting modders to be able to create a mod which enables fat townies/service Sims, so that wasn't a big deal back then. But if you make a waiter playable either if your Sim marries one either with cheats, and you keep the outfit that they wear, and then the waiter becomes fat... Disaster.

My Simblr
retired moderator
#11355 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
But if you make a waiter playable either if your Sim marries one either with cheats, and you keep the outfit that they wear, and then the waiter becomes fat... Disaster.

@jawusa made a fix for the waiter:
https://modthesims.info/d/601496
Instructor
#11356 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 3:22 PM
@jawusa made a fix for the waiter:
https://modthesims.info/d/601496

I do know about the fix, but unsuspecting simmers that have the townie fitness diversity mod or in this case would definitely be frightened from that mesh flying around the place!

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#11357 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 5:46 PM
You can see information about business lot in neigbourhood view. It says how many customer and employees it has and tells level with name. I did not know before that levels of business lot has names.
Instructor
#11358 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 2:58 PM
Okay. This... I don't even know what to say.
Note: There are going to be screenshots with really bad resolution as it's in my test game and I didn't fix the resolution on there.
With April Black's new amazing video on special NH NPC's, I, of course, had to experiment.
And naturally I had to do it in a test game. With extra chaos.
I made a neighbourhood called "Tutorial" so it would have the Learn To Play Tutorial neighbourhood's properties (For no reason).
I moved in the Goodie family in and started testing. After thousands of tries with the matchmaker to get the Social Worker (Which, blooper, a vacation townie spawned and I got a notification about vacation mementos although nothing showed up in the memento panel?) I realized that of course the case of Social Worker spawning was patched in OFB.
So I adopted a baby and went through some adventures with Herbert (Because Faith had sadly passed away in a tragic accident of me trying to see if Sims age in a Tutorial neighbourhood when forced with the Sim Blender). After a day apparently the Social worker showed up. The cheerful tune of adoption played only for the happy moment to be destroyed as I right clicked on the Social Worker and clicked "MAKE SELECTABLE" (There was no Add to Family option). I really pity the baby.
She just stayed there standing, doing absolutely nothing. She could interact with Herbert and the baby but others couldn't interact with her.

The UI controls were permanently stuck because the game thought the adoption scenario was still happening.
And then I got a very weird idea. What if I caused another social worker to come?
I dropped the poor baby's motives to red and waited. And then another social worker came!

And guess who she lectured?

Have you ever seen a social worker lecture another?

I made the blonde social worker selectable too and when she tried to put the kid in car (That's literally what the interaction is called) I cancelled the action. Then the poor kid just teleported in a blue flash, Zzz effects stuck and all.
I thought the interaction that social workers did was "Hidden - Collect Child" as I had found it in allmenus, but I guess not?

I spawned a new baby with the tombstone of L and D and dropped its motives to red again to see if another social worker would come, but she never did...

And here I was, stuck with a baby with a horizontal plumbob, 1 unresponsive social worker, a depressed Herbert and a broken social service van.

And just to add to the chaos, the Tutorial menu on a perfectly "normal" neighbourhood. It didn't allow me to save. Probably for the best.
So here's what I discovered today:
  • If you somehow cancel the "Put kid in car" interaction when a Social Worker collects a child, the kid teleports with a blue flash effect to nowhere.
  • There CAN be more than 1 Social Workers on the lot.
  • Baby plumbobs can sometimes be horizontally placed.
Hope you enjoyed this trainwreck as much as I did.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#11359 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 3:08 PM
Well, the baby's plumbob is correctly above its head. You just don't usually see it because they aren't selectable.

The Social Worker has ways to deal with uncooperative parents, so the kid disappearing in a flash happened because you tried to interfere with the pick up. They're known to teleport the kid if you try and block them off, too.

I don't get why people even want to play these NPCs lol. There are tons of others to play that aren't nearly as much trouble.
Mad Poster
#11360 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 3:29 PM
I frequently make babies selectable, and they do tend to have "horizontal" plumbbobs when they're on the floor. I think it's just aligned to the baby's head (or more likely the root joint), and will for the most part move with it. The plumbbob probably doesn't realign to the environment when the sim is doing other things than being upright (lying down, sleeping, etc.) like with older sims, because it's kept hidden most of the time.
Lab Assistant
#11361 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 5:01 PM
I dropped the poor baby's motives to red and waited. And then another social worker came!
And guess who she lectured?
Have you ever seen a social worker lecture another?

"You should do your work and not join into families!!"

Her wants looks little bit weird. She would like a business lot of her own. Aww.... Maybe she is tired to be social worker and wants her own cake factory. But she has a family aspiration as well. Maybe she would like to have an orphanage business. This sounds pretty dark.
retired moderator
#11362 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 5:10 PM
@FuryCat The social worker takes some code from the vehicle when it's on the lot. Apparently you need to spawn her without the vehicle to interact with her.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The Social Workers are not much different to any other sim, when they visit a home they are forced to follow the op-codes from the social worker vehicle but away from their vehicle they can be normal social sims.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....782#post5315782
Theorist
#11363 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The plumbbob probably doesn't realign to the environment when the sim is doing other things than being upright (lying down, sleeping, etc.) like with older sims, because it's kept hidden most of the time.
It seems to me that for what ever reason, the swingset from base game is programmed so that the plumbob swings with it, i.e. it's not perfectly perpendicular to the ground at all times.

DJ. who?
opin suomea, kerro mulle vitsi DM:ssä (ja ole valmis selittämään se)
Instructor
#11364 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 5:30 PM
Well, the baby's plumbob is correctly above its head. You just don't usually see it because they aren't selectable.

The Social Worker has ways to deal with uncooperative parents, so the kid disappearing in a flash happened because you tried to interfere with the pick up. They're known to teleport the kid if you try and block them off, too.

I don't get why people even want to play these NPCs lol. There are tons of others to play that aren't nearly as much trouble.

I thought it would be like a lying Sim on the couch or bed, where their plumbob stays where it is.
Oh, I've never actually seen that. Didn't know they could do that.
I see lots of people say that they would like to play with one because they're pretty for a service/townie Sim, and that is true to be honest. They're way prettier than Sandy Bruty. But their faces are still templates just like townies, and they're just townies with a set hairstyle and a set outfit. You can just as easily create them in CAS (With debug mode on for the outfit) and name them Social Worker in SimPE, without all the hassle of adding them to family.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I frequently make babies selectable, and they do tend to have "horizontal" plumbbobs when they're on the floor. I think it's just aligned to the baby's head (or more likely the root joint), and will for the most part move with it. The plumbbob probably doesn't realign to the environment when the sim is doing other things than being upright (lying down, sleeping, etc.) like with older sims, because it's kept hidden most of the time.

That's good to know. It makes sense because I wondered why older Sims have a vertical plumbob.

Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
"You should do your work and not join into families!!"

Her wants looks little bit weird. She would like a business lot of her own. Aww.... Maybe she is tired to be social worker and wants her own cake factory. But she has a family aspiration as well. Maybe she would like to have an orphanage business. This sounds pretty dark.

Hmm... It does sound dark. I didn't think much of the wants but now that I am I noticed she didn't have any other wants other than making a business. I don't mean this in the technical aspect (Blank wants aren't anything weird) but in the literal sense. An orphanage "business" sounds really sad...

@FuryCat The social worker takes some code from the vehicle when it's on the lot. Apparently you need to spawn her without the vehicle to interact with her.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....782#post5315782

I forgot about that. That's so weird they made it like that. I think I'll try spawning her with testingcheats/Sim Blender, since this kind of ruined the experiment.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#11365 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 6:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 10th Jun 2024 at 9:47 PM.
I see lots of people say that they would like to play with one because they're pretty for a service/townie Sim, and that is true to be honest. They're way prettier than Sandy Bruty. But their faces are still templates just like townies, and they're just townies with a set hairstyle and a set outfit. You can just as easily create them in CAS (With debug mode on for the outfit) and name them Social Worker in SimPE, without all the hassle of adding them to family.

That's my thought, too. I had some fun playing around with some of the playable NPCs for a while in my early days, but some of them have quite the annoying behavior they can't quite shake off.

If you want a sim that looks like one of the NPCs it's much easier and less bug-inducing to just make them in CAS. If you want one that looks exactly like ingame, you can extract them with SimPE and clone in Bodyshop (if they're the ones with proper character files). That way you can play with them any time you like, and they won't have the extra NPC behavior tagalongs (especially the annoying ones). If you want to play around with the unsafe NPCs that don't have character files, absolutely do use sims made in Bodyshop/CAS instead. I think several have been safely extracted/cloned at some point (Therapist, Grim, among others).
Mad Poster
#11366 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 8:59 PM
And as for Grim, you should not EVER make him playable, but you can download a pixel who looks just like him and play him in your hood. He does have a personality. I'd recommend that you set him as a knowledge aspiration.

https://modthesims.info/d/661843/gr...sal-outfit.html

Sunrader made Grim showerproof:

https://sunradersims.com/2019/05/safe-playable-grim/

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#11367 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 10:14 PM
You can marry the social worker the same way you marry any other NPC - talk to her once to get her in the relationship panel, and then call her and make friends with her and invite her over. You don't need to use a teleporter, or make her selectable, or anything.
retired moderator
#11368 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
And as for Grim, you should not EVER make him playable, but you can download a pixel who looks just like him and play him in your hood.

I made my own as a townie, and he is hired as manager for the Nouveau-Riche's coffin and urn business ("Grim Business").
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11369 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 11:08 PM
I made my own as a townie, and he is hired as manager for the Nouveau-Riche's coffin and urn business ("Grim Business").

Oh, I've had Grim myself in my game..but he's a pretty boring dude, you know. Just wants to go to funerals..and watch people die.

He has a morbid fascination with death for some reason....

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Field Researcher
#11370 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 12:31 AM
I never struggled to provide the basic necessities to my sims like this guy. But it was hilarious to read. https://callmekevin.fandom.com/wiki...ith_CallMeKevin

I'd never heard of this but I read through some of that entry. Why was Vidcund unkillable? Is it a glitch? Some kind of patch?
Mad Poster
#11371 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 2:01 AM
In another thread I'd asked about an old, old mod-found the similar one, a fire hydrant (which also works as a sink) and put it on a lot with one of those electric gnomes, which happen to start fires when overheated.

The fire hydrant completely doused the fire in seconds. Oh, this is what I've been looking for, because lawn fires tend to get out of control fast. I usually have to lock the pixels in their house until the outside fire is completely out..(or else they'll freak out and kill themselves in it.),

this is what I've needed. No more calling the fire department for outside fires!

Mad Poster
#11372 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noprobllama
I'd never heard of this but I read through some of that entry. Why was Vidcund unkillable? Is it a glitch? Some kind of patch?

Probably because EA made it impossible to kill visiting playables after Seasons, and that person never installed my mod that makes it possible again.
Mad Poster
#11373 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 9:19 AM
There is a robot on the robot crafting station which says it will extinguish fires, as well.

I believe you do need to teleport the social worker if you want a sim to talk to her, when she is on the lot to drop off an adopted child or remove a neglected child, she is not able to be interacted with. That is probably because she's following code from the car, as Chris Hatch said.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#11374 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 9:46 AM
I might be misremembering, but I think you do get her in your relationship panel if she lectures you while taking a child away. I had a case in an old hood where I used a teleporter to move a toddler between houses and for some reason this caused the social worker to show up every day and lecture the sims at the lot where the toddler used to live. However, I've only seen her get married into legacies in cases where she dropped as a blind date.
retired moderator
#11375 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I might be misremembering, but I think you do get her in your relationship panel if she lectures you while taking a child away.

I can imagine she would bear a grudge, and kick bins over! Never had that happen though!
Page 455 of 464