Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 6:42 AM
Oh well, I'm disqualified then. I've changed the pictures before I saw your posts. I never saw a countdown timer, just Q's post that said July 21st Hawaii time. Good luck everyone!

I went back and saw the link.. It was for 11 am.. Oh well! Have fun!
Advertisement
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 7:19 AM
Does anyone care?
/me does not. Contest is supposed to be fun and challenging...plus you've already been scored and it'd be a shame to have it go to waste :P

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Scholar
#103 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 5:59 PM
Update for those of you anxiously awaiting Round 2: my scoring is done! We're just getting the final three contestants put together!

ETA: Learned my lesson this round about waiting until the eleventh hour to start judging. For future rounds, can you guys please note in a new post if you've edited your entry after submission? Given my erratic work schedule and the fact I'm competing in another contest whose rounds end almost simultaneously with this one, I'm going to attempt getting my scoring done as entries come in.

/me runs off to finish her second round entry.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 9:35 PM
Okay! Tonight, foundation two will be posted. I am going away for two days, so I am eager to see what you guys have finished when I get back!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Forum Resident
#105 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 3:49 AM
Again, thank you to everyone who's entered!

I just love looking at different design & decorating.
You brought such an array of styles here.
This contest is chock full of awesome eye-candy for the builder in all of us!

I'm excited to see what Round 2 brings!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 4:06 AM
Round two is up! They are a funny thing, angled foundations: People run the other way when faced with them and try to work their way around what is given. Ironically, they should be used more often. Interesting houses always stem from these foundations! So, I thought "Hey. I should make them use an angled foundation. That'd be a real challenge!"

So I am.
You won't be able to work your way around it. You will use diagonal building techniques.
Enjoy your first gimmick, guys.

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#107 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
Round two is up! ...... Enjoy your first gimmick, guys.

Hai dear, what patch level did you have when you saved this foundation, I can't install it, but launcher nags I need a software update.

I'm patched to: 1.34 with EPs till pets installed. (there is a new patch I haven't yet installed, due to caw installation, and I dun wanna patch unless it's absolutely necessary.)

ETA: That above just to figure out if it's a patch issue, or something else.
Inventor
#108 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:43 AM Last edited by PSDuckie : 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by armiel

Hai dear, what patch level did you have when you saved this foundation, I can't install it, but launcher nags I need a software update.

I'm patched to: 1.34 with EPs till pets installed. (there is a new patch I haven't yet installed, due to caw installation, and I dun wanna patch unless it's absolutely necessary.)

ETA: That above just to figure out if it's a patch issue, or something else.

I installed it just fine with patch 1.36, EPs till LN installed. I'm finishing up my build now.

EDIT: I won't be able to finish the build tonight. Gardening takes more time than I thought it would.
Top Secret Researcher
#109 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:59 AM
I'm done judging! Yay!

All the houses submitted are wonderful, and I enjoyed judging them. I put a little constructive feedback on some if it was needed, and I sincerely hope you make the best of it in your future entries.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#110 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 8:10 AM Last edited by armiel : 22nd Jul 2012 at 9:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I installed it just fine with patch 1.36, EPs till LN installed. I'm finishing up my build now.
Oh durn.

I'm still waiting for Q to confirm if he is patched or not though, cause I've been able to install lots with a not matchy patch before, and this should be just a foundation, lol.

Well, there is no rush for me, plenty of time to solve this.

Edit:
Talked with Q, can't still figure why I could install the first foundation with no issues since he says that he's had same patch all along, lol, patched up my game, cause I luff my Qbie, and have the lot now installed and ready to build!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#111 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:01 PM
Default The Nutcase
Hehe, I guess I didn't start strong with this one, with all the issues installing the darn foundation, lol. But I'm still posting my lot first!
(hasty finn is a hasty finn. Also, someone will probably snipe me while I make this post )

I'm still not too much of a blabber when it comes to description, so Imma let you see it for yourselves.

One preview:

Now if you survived the picture overload, lemme tell you a few things about the lot.

The lot has been playtested, with two happy sims.
There is some CC, but SeeMyu's Curtains are just too awesome to be left sitting in the catalog
Mod credits go to Buzzler (where would I be without his mods, huh? <3) and velocitygrass who made the Ossim stencil remover mod
Oh right, and the name of the lot? I asked over at chat, and Dorot... um, Eternila told me to name it Hazelnut Shell. So I named it the Nutcase. Duh.
Test Subject
#112 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:49 PM
Hi everyone! This is my entry for round 2. This foundation had me stumped for about 10 minutes, but once I got to work everything went better than expected. I'm actually quite proud of it!
So here it is, Mordern Living!

Front of house:

Back of house:

Floor Plan:

Others

Sorry for the overload on pictures! :P
No CC was used.
Forum Resident
#113 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 8:08 PM
Wow, Vickachu1512, you did an awesome job with that foundation!
And Armiel, this just gorgeous, as always :lovestruc . You make everything looks great, that's not fair
Well, I guess I better get to it, right?

I just had a little question beforehand: when do we get the grades, and especially the feedback? I can do without but i admit i really enjoy getting feedback on my creations.

Forum Resident
#114 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 11:59 PM Last edited by Morphead : 23rd Jul 2012 at 12:26 AM.
First off, Q I was excited for this!.... Until I realized that you flipped the script and the angled section was a straight section..
Secondly, I wanted to try and make a modern house. Because they can look so awesome and such.
Thirdly, I suck at making modern houses....
Fourth, Armi and Vickachu, so sexy with your homes!
Fifth, Enjoy my house!

UNF! is right! This bitch is bangin! Suited for a lone wolf, GCWK, or a successful business woman, this par-modern home will be the ideal nesting place to be.
This dwelling sports two bathrooms, one bedroom. The general flow is calm and linear. The large windows are designed and angled to let in the maximum amount of daylight, lowering bill costs[19].
A main point in this abode is the kitchen area[28][32]. Flooding with light from the aforementioned windows, it features a beautiful double high ceiling with attractive "floating" lattice work[31].
Moving from the kitchen to the Living Room your first greeted by the slimline fireplace[27]. Two ceiling hung swing chairs give you a perfect view to sit and stare for hours on end at it. I know someone already is.
Upstairs, your given a broad view of, well, everything. Scenic shot of the front yard[17], a majestic picture of the sideyard[18], and a bird's eye view of the kitchen[31].
A second obvious point of this home is the Mack Daddy of carports attached to the house. Using the same "floating" lattice as on the inside there isn't a better looking way to keep your car cool and semi-protected without four walls and a ceiling.

Thanks to HP and Hudy777 for the edgers and windows!
EA Store for kitchen counters
All other CC is mine

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Scholar
#115 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 1:08 AM
I won’t lie. I suck at modern houses but I am quite happy with my first CFE roof.

Back:

Top and Interior:

Bonus shots:

Picture’d out? Here’s the list of CC:

- SeeMyu’s More Slots! Base Game Bookshelves
- Souris’ Plant Set (Second one on this page) (Second one on this page)
- Pilar’s Shelf Stairs
- Mireluk’s Annie Modular Sofa
- Various Sets and Items from the EA Store

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#116 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 1:53 AM Last edited by porkypine : 26th Jul 2012 at 9:00 PM.
Hello, Well. I didn't like this diagonal foundation because I could only place stairs in two places and it interferred with counter placement. Oh well. It's a simple house with a Mix N Match decor. Not happy with it but whatever. This house is even more suck-a-mundo than the last one.

I think it's all game or store content.

Scholar
#117 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 2:14 AM
Porkypine, do you mind using spoiler tags? It really helps reduce loading time for pages if everyone puts the majority of their photos behind spoiler tags.

Inventor
#118 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 4:50 AM Last edited by PSDuckie : 23rd Jul 2012 at 1:57 PM.
Because this round coincided with my getting the Late Night expansion, I decided to make a vampire lair this time. There are three floors, a Plasma Fruit garden, and no windows. That's right, I did not use a single window in the entire build. After all, the whole purpose of windows is to let the sunlight in!

All of my pictures are in the spoiler tags. I hope you like it!

Front View

Rear View

Floor Plans

Pictures and Descriptions
NOTE: These pictures were taken during the daytime when the house was empty. I wanted to take some pictures at night with vampire Sims visiting, but the game decided that wasn't going to happen. If I'm able to get those pictures, I'll edit them in.

This lair uses content from WA, Ambitions, and LN. No store content was used, and the only CC used was the foundation itself. Thanks QBUILDERZ for the CC!
Top Secret Researcher
#119 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 7:59 AM
I swear you guys, it only been like two days! Holy shit! I haven't even managed to engineer the perfect heist and you're already entering entries.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:43 PM
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which way the lot should be rotated. Is the mailbox in the download supposed to be pointing SW or SE? I tried to figure it out from what people have submitted so far, but that just confused me more.
Scholar
#121 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:49 PM
Rishara:

To quote from Q's main post...

Lot size
o The lot size will be included in the post. You are not allowed to place the foundation on a larger sized lot than what is given.
o You are allowed to rotate the lot any way you would like.

Lab Assistant
#122 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
Rishara:

To quote from Q's main post...

Lot size
o The lot size will be included in the post. You are not allowed to place the foundation on a larger sized lot than what is given.
o You are allowed to rotate the lot any way you would like.

Ugh, thanks. I swear, I went and read it several times and just didn't see that in there. I now know it's Monday. No wonder I was so confused, as everyone has rotated their lots in various directions, heh heh.
Field Researcher
#123 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:56 PM
I'm so sad I didn't see this contest until today. I would have loved to participate! Everyone has done an incredible job so far, it's so much fun to see what different sorts of things people come up with when challenged with the same starting canvas.

Q, just out of curiosity, can I participate (in a non-judged fashion obviously) just for fun? I'd love to enjoy this contest with all of you!
Test Subject
#124 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 2:14 AM Last edited by Fuzzlechan : 24th Jul 2012 at 3:01 AM.
Up for judging this time is is bachelorette's paradise! Located in the remote craters of Lunar Lakes, this surprisingly spacious house features just a singe bedroom and a single bathroom. However, unlike many houses in the area, it is also home to a laundry room!

http://i.imgur.com/Hrfsa.jpg?1

The bedroom overlooks the living room, providing an excellent spot to people-watch. The large and plentiful windows allow for the greatest view of the brilliant landscape, while letting in a large amount of light.

Required Images

Other Pictures

Custom Content
Mirror
All the pretty furniture

EDIT: In addition, I'm on vacation from the 5th of August until the 11th. So I may need an extension on whichever round falls within those dates. I would have said something at the start, but my attendance on said vacation was not decided on until today. =)
Interstellar Traveler
#125 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 4:34 AM
I am so impressed by everyone's work! You guys are doing such an amazing job, as well as you, Q, for running such a great contest so far! I can't wait to see what Round 2 leads everyone to build!

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod

Page 5 of 16