Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:10 AM
All I can say is I'm super impressed by everyone who has their round 2 houses built. Sheesh, it is giving me conniptions, and I've been working on mine for hours now.

Does anyone know how to keep your walls from showing through the windows/doors? That seems to be even more of an issue on this diagonal foundation than normal.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 8:43 AM
From placing them with MoveObjects on? Or just in general? If via the cheat try using the Wall tool to make a line next to the affected window. You don't actually have to make a wall, just use the tool near it. If that makes sense :P

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Alchemist
#128 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 11:44 AM
Some really great houses, everyone!
Armiel, I envy your ability to make a real-life-looking roof on an angled foundation.
Morphead, you really can not say you suck at making modern houses, that's great!

After a couple of failed attempts, I think I might finally be on my way to finishing something. Maybe. I'm having issues with windows snapping to the walls, now. They don't seem to like cooperating... Sigh. I will make it work, dammit!
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphead
From placing them with MoveObjects on? Or just in general? If via the cheat try using the Wall tool to make a line next to the affected window. You don't actually have to make a wall, just use the tool near it. If that makes sense :P

Just in general. They will place fine and then I'll rotate around the lot and the next time I look at them, the wall is showing and just the frame of the window shows. It's really annoying. I can usually just click on them and it will fix itself, but for some reason I'm having to do that over and over again with this house. Hopefully, I can just do it real fast before taking screenshots and they'll behave enough to get those done.I also have a weird graphical artifact on this house that shows up in the air behind my house. Hopefully I can manage to get screenies without it, as I'm not rebuilding everything now, lol.
Test Subject
#130 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 2:21 AM Last edited by InesMarie : 27th Jul 2012 at 5:22 AM.
Becca - change it to MoveObjects off

This is the Pink sisters - Hydrangea House.

The Pink sisters are identical clones. Know one knows who the original is or if the other is the clone. It was a wild party that night. They are both monster makers. To pretend normalcy, their home is open and airy with many windows. .. Just where is the monster making den?

The house is rather Spartan looking but that is because they are lab techs/mad scientists at heart.

Just click on the images below to see the rest.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by naiyasfury
I'm so sad I didn't see this contest until today. I would have loved to participate! Everyone has done an incredible job so far, it's so much fun to see what different sorts of things people come up with when challenged with the same starting canvas.

Q, just out of curiosity, can I participate (in a non-judged fashion obviously) just for fun? I'd love to enjoy this contest with all of you!

As far as I know, there are no rules against it, so hell yeah! Join in It'll be fun!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#132 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 1:38 PM
-_- I managed to get myself grounded, so this is fair warning that I won't be showing up until later in the next round. Thankfully it's only for a week, but I get no internet access.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 5:51 PM Last edited by QBUILDERZ : 25th Jul 2012 at 6:32 PM.
See you then, Fuzzle ;D

Alright, guys! I am updating the first post with the current round two entries. I will then be posting the scores later today :D

EDIT: Link to scores in the first post

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Field Researcher
#134 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 12:41 AM
Thanks a bunch Q! I'm glad I get to join in the fun, even if I'm not being judged.

So here's my entry for round one!

Hatfield Hideaway

In the backwoods of Twinbrook lived a family called " The Hatfields' " This is their home. (If you can call it that. . .)

When buying his home Cletus Hatfield was heard to remark: "We'll show them "McCoy's" up with this beaut! It's even got one of them there fancy wrap 'round porches!"

Required

Front

Back

FloorPlan

1st Floor

2nd Floor

Additional Pics

Well that wraps it up for my entry. I'd like to thank the following creators for helping out with this awesome house!

Ritsukacom
Pyszny
Severinka
LunaSimsLulamai
Aikea Guinea
8-3
Fresh Prince
Qbuilderz
Cmomoney
daluved1
LianaSims3
RoseSims3
BloomsBase

And of course a shout out to Granthes for his OMSP
Instructor
#135 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 3:07 PM Last edited by Flabaliki : 27th Jul 2012 at 12:39 PM.
Default Flabaliki - Round 2
Check out the building video here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZvYY3dtIIE

I'm a man of few words, so here:

No CC was used.

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Retired
retired moderator
#136 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 3:58 PM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 27th Jul 2012 at 4:15 PM. Reason: Added additional shots from play-testing.
Aww. I did pretty damned badly in round one. :S I guess the idea of playing it safe didn't pay off. Oh well. I played safe again anyway. It's a simple lot again, built to house an aging retired actress and her cat.

Various Views

Floor Plan

Interior

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 7:55 PM Last edited by Rishara : 26th Jul 2012 at 9:41 PM.
Whew, finally finished this one. I went way outside my comfort zone and built a contemporary (with a bit of an industrial style) house in Lucky Palms. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Note: there are a few weird graphical artifacts on a couple of the screenshots. If ANYONE knows how to get rid of them (there are no actual objects there), let me know, and I'll retake the screenshots. It was super annoying. I did try saving to the library and replacing, using Twallan's mods to reset the lot, etc, to no avail.

This house is home to Bruce Cortland (a prominent architect), his daughter Lilly (spoiled teenager), and his new bride Michelle (2nd wife--a stylist). The color palettes of the house are all meant to blend in well with each other, with the exception of Lilly's room. Being a rebellious teenager, she wanted pink. The outside is largely xeriscaped with only a couple of small patches of lawn due to the desert atmosphere.

CC Used:

SookieLee for the roof
Lhonna for modern paintings
Ewelina20 for modern paintings
Sionelle for modern paintings
Armiel for cast yourself a painting
cmomoney for modern rugs
Pophyria for castable plants
OrangeMittens for curtains

I think everything else is from the game or the store (lots and lots from the store).

Hope you enjoy!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#138 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 8:15 PM
OMG, someone who still uses that old thing! (^referring to above post)

Awesome entries everyone!

QBIE, do me, us, everyone a favor and make those "round ends, round starts, scores are posted"- more clear please. Big headers, bold text etc. Not like this, please "EDIT: Link to scores in the first post" NO ONE WILL SEE IT!

I still luv you though

-bossy finn-
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
OMG, someone who still uses that old thing! (^referring to above post)

Lol, I love that thing.
Test Subject
#140 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 12:29 AM
Default Round 2 House
Alright, here's round two. I decided to go for a Twinbrook home because I was interested in exploring a lot of flora and fauna for this one. The theme of nature, flowers, and plants runs throughout the house. Most of the home is made of natural light woods or bright flower colors. All the home has wooden floors and also panelled ceilings.

So here we go:

Thanks all! Hope you like it!
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#141 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 4:11 AM
Default Round 2
Hey Everyone! I finally finished my round 2 house. It took me a while considering I've never built a house on a diagonal foundation. When I first saw the foundation I wanted to do a modern house but I felt like that would be easier, so I went with my more traditional aesthetic. I came up with a cozy 2-story home that would be perfect for a couple with no kids or kids that all grew up, and the couple has a good sum of money. The exterior is traditional, including cornices. (The roof took me probably 2 hours alone! :p) The decor inside is colorful and very cheery yet easy on the eyes and it fits together well. The home has 2 bedrooms and one bathroom, along with a pool, a garden, and an exquisitely landscaped yard. Enjoy!

I couldn't narrow down enough pictures so I ended up with 30 total, so consider yourself warned:

Custom Content by:
Armiel
KiaraRawks
Awesims
QBUILDERZ
Salifindragon
Morphead
Cmomoney
Purplepaws
Fresh Prince
Marky Boy
fantasticsims@ TSR
Arelien @ TSR
Fredbrenny @ TSR
NewOne @ One Billion Pixels

Without these creators this house wouldn't look half as nice! All other custom content used is from the store. If you want to know where I got a specific object, just ask!

Everyone's R2 houses are fantastic...Good luck to everyone!

Enjoy!

PM me with a request!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 4:45 AM
Seriously, I am loving how cretive you guys are getting with this foundation! Keep up these awesome lots! :D

Scholar
#143 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 5:52 AM
I am finding it so hard to nitpick right now with your Round 2, guys! I JUST WANT TO LOOK AT THE PRETTY HOUSES!
Field Researcher
#144 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:52 AM
Q, I have a late question- if someone wants to put stairs where it is diagonal and therefore has to do the half-tile overhang so the stairs are straight, is that enough to count as modifying the foundation? or what about deleting the one tile and nesting the stairs in so it's still pretty much same shape, just stairs instead of actual foundation?
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#145 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 1:22 PM Last edited by adonispluto : 28th Jul 2012 at 3:01 PM.
For the round two entry, I decided on a modern house. The house was built in Lucky Palms. This house is a one bedroom modern home and is meant for either a single celebrity (male or female ) who is an architect or a married couple without kids (both celebrity too) of which one is definitely an architect.

On entering the lot, you are greeted with the flapping sound of the fountains aligned in the frontage.

The ground floor has the living room modestly furnished through which you can get to the backyard. The study and the library lies directly opposite to the living room. At the end of the passage of the left lies the kitchen. There is a visitor toilet on this floor after all you would't want your visitors using your private one. The up floor has the bedroom to which is attached the architects domain where he/she creates his/her wonderful designs. Through this room, you get to the bathroom which is on a split level. The bedroom lead to a balcony where of course your Sims can sit for a game of chess while at the same time beholding the beauty of the surrounding town.

The outdoor is fully landscaped with modern design in both flowers and tiles and houses a swimming pool and a fitness area close to it.

Hear are the images of the house

Required screenshots

Front view(4)

Back view

Floor plans(3)

Ground level

First floor

Foundation

Additional Images

Overview of the Lot

Additional exterior pics (15):

Additional Interior pictures pics:

Living room (3):

Others (9):

Custom contents

Apart from the 2011 Mercedes-Benz S550 and 2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS550 in images of front view by Fresh prince all other CC are by me

Thanks
Retired
retired moderator
#146 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 4:18 PM
Great work, everyone. Perfectionist I love yours!

I added a few extra interior shots from play-testing to my entry. I also forgot to mention that there is a wine cellar outside of my house. It's not livable space, just a deep basement for aging nectars. I'm playing the "garage" clause on that one, as the house is built across the road from a fancy nectary.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#147 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Great work, everyone. Perfectionist I love yours!

Thanks very much! Yours too!

PM me with a request!
Alchemist
#148 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 6:39 PM
Finally finished this thing! I can apparently get so much more done after midnight.
I'm also close to half asleep, so I apologise in advance for any 3:30am-weirdness herein.

More Than Modern
This spacious two-storey house features open-plan kitchen/dining/living areas, a main bathroom and a study on the first floor; while the master bedroom and ensuite, two single bedrooms and nursery can be found on the second floor. There is also covered parking for two cars.
...And I'm too tired to think of a creative description. Ah well. On to the pictures!

All EPs & SPs
No CC
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#149 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:03 PM Last edited by porkypine : 27th Jul 2012 at 7:21 PM.
Wow. You guys are great builders. (dagnabbit competition! I have to actually compete now! ) For some odd reason I've kept to a single floor, thinking 'Ah, Q will have us build a complex split level at some points where I can go vertical!' lol Meantime, I am losing points for being single story and not very inspired. I will have to do better next lot. lol

I was also tempted to 'rough it' by placing a sleeping bag on teh foundation and a canopy over it and a latrine somewhere. lool but I knew I'd get ZERO points for that one.

Bakafox - yes, that is modifying the foundation. There are only two places where you can place the steps. Look at the others floor plans to see it OR, just hover your steps around the foundation until you can find it and then build your house around that.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#150 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:04 PM
Just replaced some images that were dark with better one( first floor picture and the bathroom pictures under others)

Page 6 of 16