Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Wiki Wizard
#151 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:49 PM
Is it possible to join in from round 2 onwards? Or is a prerequisite of round 2 to have completed round 1?

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#152 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:59 PM
Q will let you load 'samples' but you won't be a contestant because you missed the 1st round.
Alchemist
#153 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 9:55 PM
Default Comet Fusion Club
Well, here my strange place for this round.
Comet Fusion Club is a nighty community lot very popular in my Lunar Lakes world, just what Ego Arrow needs when he feels wild (yes, party animal trait, you know, have to test the lot...). Good music, good drinks, simple things like that. Closure at 02.00 a.m. - Parking is allowed for guests.

Except for the KathyPerrySP, I used all EPs and SPs and few items from the store (some futureshock sets items, the arcade machine, a wall lamp Stancké and other free store objects).
No other CCs.

Requested pics

Front (Day and Night view)

Back

Plan (1st floor, 2nd floor, roof)

Side view

Additional Pictures

The Lounge and Campari Drinks Corner

The Little Stars Disco and DJ post

Here a 40" slideshow showing few more pics.
I love to see around builders nicks I know since more-or-less the beginning and so many new talented builders. Also, I'm impressed by all the different styles and some tricks used to work with diagonal walls, really creative.

Let me know if I have to change or delete some pics or whatever.
Wiki Wizard
#154 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 10:13 PM
Ah i see, thank you porkypine Unfortunately I cannot get the .sims3pack to install because my game won't update to the latest version, damn mac!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 7:29 AM
Wow this is an interesting competition and I must say you guys are really great. Looking at the different designs that came up with the same foundation really shows that this site has got real talents.

@armiel, flabiliki,Perfectionist
You guys use of the base for such perfect houses towards a Victorian are really astonishing and your houses look absolutely wonderful and beautiful

@ Rishara, Morphead,Adonispluto
Who says the same foundation cannot be made into a modern. Your buildings are totally outstanding and classy too.

To other competitors, you all have done a great job.I cannot build but the least I can do is support those who took the courage to embark on it. Here is a to you all
Field Researcher
#156 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 7:33 AM Last edited by bakafox : 28th Jul 2012 at 7:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to list some content.
Default Round 2: Carson Place
A rather modern home with touches of older fashions like the A frame roof and steep gables and tower with more windows for ventilation- when Jamie and Kaya moved to Finnington with their adopted daughters, it was the perfect home for them to start out fresh as a new family.

Front, Back, and Sides

It is a two-story home, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
First Floor

Second Floor:

The floors with walls at cut away:

This lot was built with things from pretty much all of the expansions, and the stuff packs Outdoor Living, Master Suite, and Town Life
There is also store content used, such as chairs from the 50's set, and some random decor.

CC used:
Test Subject
#157 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 2:00 PM
Round 2 Entry: Greek Revival House
Whew. I never thought I'd finish this. This foundation was very challenging for me but it seems I have succeeded in conquering it. My round 2 entry is a Greek Revival house with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.

As with my last house I used no custom content, only store content and items from the EPs I own (World Adventures, Late Night, Ambitions, Pets).
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#158 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 2:41 PM
First post updated to contain all currently submitted round two lots! :D

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#159 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 3:56 PM
Good boy, Q :D

/me approves header1's

Great entries everyone, keep them coming!
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#160 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 4:37 PM
It is really an honour to be in this contest with so many creative talents. I am just speechless
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#161 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 5:00 PM
I feel like a bunch of the entries so far would make excellent lots on site. If anyone decides to upload them, keep us updated! I'll swing by and drop a comment

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#162 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 6:19 PM
I think I'll upload all of my entries after the contest is over, but I'll have to remove/and or credit a lotttt of CC, I should probably keep that in mind during the future rounds.

Anyway, everyone's houses are spectacular and I can't wait to see the scores!

PM me with a request!
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 6:20 PM
Sigh, they have the full Ultra Lounge set for 50% off in game right now. Of course, I just bought that like a week ago at full price.

Just thought I'd throw that out there if anybody else was looking at it but hadn't bought it yet.

I actually would like to submit my round 2 entry, but I'd have to redo the lot to get rid of all the weird graphical crap I have going on there.
Scholar
#164 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 6:29 PM
I was thinking of uploading my round 2, but the black accent walls aren't very photo friendly. I might change the colour and smooth out one of the walls to make it more player friendly... and of course remove a good 80% of the CC xD.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Alchemist
#165 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 12:39 AM
I'm tempted to play around with my Round 1 entry a little bit and upload it, and maybe do the same with Round 2 in a while. I just have to find time first. xD
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#166 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 2:08 AM
Go for it Becca! I'm thinking about uploading my round 1 but my round 2 generally sux. lol
Inventor
#167 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 3:00 AM
I'm going to upload all of my entries to both MTS and the official Exchange. However, I'm going to put a clothing hamper into my round 1 entry before I upload it. I didn't realize that not having a hamper would mess up the laundry system.
Inventor
#168 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 3:05 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 29th Jul 2012 at 3:06 AM. Reason: Goonies never say die.
There's quite a few lots this round that I wouldn't mind downloading. *hint hint*

Great job everyone!

"Goonies never say die."
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 1:04 AM
Participation question...Foundation Challenge
I would like to try this, but missed the first entry. Can I start with the second round and continue or just do it for fun this time?

I love all the ones I've seen so far, so I know I have my work cut out for me!

Thanks a bunch!
Inventor
#170 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 1:26 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 30th Jul 2012 at 1:52 AM. Reason: grammar/nick memory is the bane of existence
sharill63: If you scroll up, you'll see that a similar question was answered by porkypine: "Q will let you load 'samples' but you won't be a contestant because you missed the 1st round."

As far as I can tell, you can certainly join for fun - but it won't be scored and such.

I'm looking forward to your houses!!! :D

"Goonies never say die."
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#171 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 3:12 AM
Thanks, Giga! I see all you guys have the fort held down quite well :D

Just an update days:

Time is running outttttt! 2 days left and stuff : )

Lab Assistant
#172 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 5:07 AM
Thanks Giga! I must have missed that one on my way down. I'll have to keep closer tabs on the challenge threads to make sure I don't miss the next one!! *might as well do the "entry" foundation challenge too, just to have a full set!
Typical
#173 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 day and 9 hours to install the foundation and build on it... challenge accepted. :D

EDIT: Pff, and I need to update my game. This just gets better :P
Forum Resident
#174 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 6:11 AM
Go, builders, go!
Round 2 is turning out some impressively awesome lots!

Can't wait to see some more diagonal creativity!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#175 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 6:41 PM
Just a few hours left!

The scoring sheet will be made later tonight; foundation #3 will be up tomorrow (later in the day)

(And BTW, I had the clock set to AM instead of PM, so you got an additional 12 hours tacked back on )

Page 7 of 16