Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 10:31 AM
SeeMyu, I know I am not a judge but you may want to read the requirements again as it looks like you will be deducted points for not leaving one of the countertops clear.
Also, I think the sink failed to place as I don't think they are designed to go on corner counters, only straight ones.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sionelle
Yet another kitchen using the Supernatural oven! I went for a sort of old-fashioned French country for this, thinking of a young couple on a small farm. I jacked the screen up on a re-sizing OMSP to make it into shutters for the windows.

I don't know what it's called in english but can you tell me where to find that thing you put over the oven? I tried to find it but I just placed cabinets in the end.

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Would that be MY magazine default replacement that simply makes the mesh bigger? I had that in my round one submission.

yes, its that ^^ I found it while randomly looking for community lots then forgot about it... it's actually the first time I use it.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 1:43 PM
@leriety
The "vents" are found under Lighting/wall lights.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 1:53 PM
Sionelle, I never would've thought to use the divider to make it look like shutters, great idea!
Interstellar Traveler
#155 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 2:21 PM
SeeMyu, I know I am not a judge but you may want to read the requirements again as it looks like you will be deducted points for not leaving one of the countertops clear.
Also, I think the sink failed to place as I don't think they are designed to go on corner counters, only straight ones.

Of ffs, I did it again. How in the world do I let these things slide past me? Ah well, it wouldn't be right for me to go back and change it (and I don't think we are allowed to edit our entries anyway). And, to think, this time I thought I had read everything and covered everything this time. e.e Now I will not be able to let that go. lol

And about the sinks.. no, it will not latch on to any counter.. regardless to the way the counter is facing. I am having a slot issue with my game and I am working on resolving it.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 3:07 PM
SeeMyu are you using moveobjects on? That cheat cause some objects to not snap right to place, I have this problem with windows and doors mostly.

thank you sharill63, I didn't know there were objects under lights ^^'' this is actually my first time taking time at decorating rooms
Interstellar Traveler
#157 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 4:04 PM
lerity, no, I am not using move objects. Even with move objects disabled, the sinks do not snap to the counter. It is a slot issue, most likely, and an object in my game is most likely conflicting with it. I just have to figure out what object it is. Thanks for you suggestions though!

dodgy builder
#158 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeeMyu
lerity, no, I am not using move objects. Even with move objects disabled, the sinks do not snap to the counter. It is a slot issue, most likely, and an object in my game is most likely conflicting with it. I just have to figure out what object it is. Thanks for you suggestions though!

Sounds like possibly a pets fix issue, but that would be strange. These are only EA objects after all.
Mad Poster
#159 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 6:59 PM
Of ffs, I did it again. [...]this time I thought I had read everything and covered everything this time.

The way I am doing it is to make sure I have the contest requirements open in my web browser while I am building in game. That way I can just flick between the two and check things as I go.
I suppose you could write the requirements down too or copy them into a text file.

Interstellar Traveler
#160 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 7:19 PM
The way I am doing it is to make sure I have the contest requirements open in my web browser while I am building in game. That way I can just flick between the two and check things as I go.
I suppose you could write the requirements down too or copy them into a text file.

Oh I do. I have them open in a tab and make sure I have everything covered. Somehow I missed this one, even though I knew I must leave an open counter space to begin with. Meh. Oh well. It's my own mistake.

Lab Assistant
#161 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 8:07 PM
I always play in window mode and keep the page open under it, this way I also can modify the game screen pic without closing the game.
I usually remember the rules but I'm the type of person who check on things multiple times to make sure they're done right ^^''
in the first round I almost broke the in game picture limit rule but I checked it one more time before sending

I just made a new profile with AnyGameStarter, in english and with no CC beside the OMSP and some default replacements, I've also installed Builder's Island so I'm ready for the next round!

This contest is surprising me, I actually thought "I need a plant there" at some point and I'm the type of person who make her sims live with only the strict necessary.

Can I ask one thing? I'm just curious, is it normal in your country to have wood or carpet in the kitchen or is just how you like to do your sim's house? I looked at all your entries and noticed very few used tiles, In my country is very common to have tiles as flooring in every room. Having orange tiles was one thing I already had planned for my kitchen design, I wanted to make it look like my old house but I don't think it does.
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leriety
I always play in window mode and keep the page open under it, this way I also can modify the game screen pic without closing the game.
I usually remember the rules but I'm the type of person who check on things multiple times to make sure they're done right ^^''
in the first round I almost broke the in game picture limit rule but I checked it one more time before sending

I just made a new profile with AnyGameStarter, in english and with no CC beside the OMSP and some default replacements, I've also installed Builder's Island so I'm ready for the next round!

This contest is surprising me, I actually thought "I need a plant there" at some point and I'm the type of person who make her sims live with only the strict necessary.

Can I ask one thing? I'm just curious, is it normal in your country to have wood or carpet in the kitchen or is just how you like to do your sim's house? I looked at all your entries and noticed very few used tiles, In my country is very common to have tiles as flooring in every room. Having orange tiles was one thing I already had planned for my kitchen design, I wanted to make it look like my old house but I don't think it does.

It really depends on the type of house and personal taste. I would say that most people have either wood or laminate (linoleum) or tiles. I love the idea you have of trying to make a room look like your old house. Just do what feels right and looks realistic to you!
Inconceivable!
#163 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 8:42 PM
Reya, for the uncluttered counter requirement, does it have to be completely empty? Or does it satisfy the requirement so long as its useable? I have one item on my "uncluttered counter" space, but I play tested the lot and my Sims were still able to work on it. I can remove the object though if that breaks the rules.

And about the sinks.. no, it will not latch on to any counter.. regardless to the way the counter is facing.

Wait, so sinks will snap into a corner counter? I tried it before, but I wasn't able to get it to work. Is there some trick I'm missing? Cause that would be a neat feature if so.

Quote: Originally posted by leriety

In Texas, where I live, you usually see wood, tile, stone, or laminate. I personally love wood floors in the kitchen, and my current house has these lovely old pine boards. My mother's house, a historic tudor built in the '30s, also has wood in the kitchen, but my childhood home (a mid-century modern) had tile. It's a toss up as far as I can tell.
Scholar
Original Poster
#164 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 8:51 PM
It has to be usable, Buckley. It doesn't have to be empty.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharill63
I love the idea you have of trying to make a room look like your old house. Just do what feels right and looks realistic to you!

My old house was pretty weird, it was small so our kitchen, dining room and living room were in the same room (that's why I put a sofa in there for my entry) we also had a computer but we couldn't fit a desk so it was placed on a kitchen counter with the keyboard in a drawer. XD
I wanted to recreate my old house since The Sims 2 but I'm not sure I can... do you know if someone has made invisible chairs?
Inconceivable!
#166 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 10:42 PM
Thanks, Reya! That's good to know.

My round 2 entry started out as a rustic, cabin-style kitchen, but it morphed into a kitschy, vintage-y kind of room with a slight '50s flair. The patterns on the curtains and on one of the coats are from Camille's Cath Kidston collection and can be downloaded here. Also, I play tested the room, and everything works fine.

Mad Poster
#167 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 11:23 PM
Sorry, Buckley but it looks like you'll be losing some points too: "I've given you a door! A very ugly, basic door. Don't freak out, you are allowed to CAST it, but you are NOT allowed to move it."

If anyone spots a rule or requirement I have missed with my entry then PLEASE point it out to me! I'm feeling like a bit of an ogre pointing these things out but I have a sort of OCD tendancy that won't let me stay quiet about them.

Inconceivable!
#168 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 11:28 PM
Oops! Oh well, good thing I'm just in this for the fun then, huh? Thanks for telling me, Menaceman44. I'll be more careful next time.
Test Subject
#169 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 12:05 AM
Overhead/Budget

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

ETA: Sorry about the build shot in picture two. I don't have the day/night mod, and I really wanted a night shot.

"Stand up for what you believe, Even if it means standing alone."
Formerly Toddler430
Scholar
Original Poster
#170 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 12:13 AM
Adding you to the chart, Solventpost.

Inconceivable!
#171 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 12:57 AM
I probably should have asked this before, but am I disqualified for moving the door? Or did you just miss my entry? I noticed that you didn't link my post, and I wasn't sure.
Mad Poster
#172 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 12:57 AM
My judging process for this round involves lots of counting deco items......

I would also like to know if you overlooked adding Buckley to the chart....
Scholar
Original Poster
#173 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 1:54 AM
You're not disqualified, Buckley. I'm just blind. I'm out right now but I'll add you once I'm home. I swear I didn't see any other entries before Sloventpost's!

I blame that spoiler button. : P

Lab Assistant
#174 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 6:43 AM
Laserai Entry - Round Two
Lasira: For this entry I decided to depart from the spartan hotel suite design which didn't favor well and go for a little more custom feel. Not sure which look this lends towards but overall I was pleased with it.

That and changing the look of this challenge 5x and spending more then two days tells me I'm probably not going to get this any better then it is.

Screenshots

The New Face of the DAE Firms Is Lasira
Scholar
Original Poster
#175 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:27 AM
Adding you to the chart, Laserai.

Page 7 of 20