Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#176 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 7:36 PM
I was determined to avoid the trap of going modern (it's a trap for me as I really struggle with them) and actually when I googled 'triangular balconies' the first image that came up was Sicilian so I went with a classical Italian theme. Due to the weird shape I called it 'Tuscan Twist'.
Front View:

Rear View:

Kitchen:

Bathroom:

Bedroom:

Lots More: http://s833.photobucket.com/albums/...mview=slideshow

CC used: a window, arch, curtain and sofa by Luna, rugs by B5Studio, pot and salt/pepper by ATS and the rest is from the EA Store.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 8:14 PM Last edited by CreativeMommy1985 : 31st Jul 2012 at 8:27 PM. Reason: Editing Layout/Pictures and adding CC Creators
Default Vigneto Italiano
Welcome to Vigneto Italian, a small yet beautiful home for your winemaker sims. Aside from having a vast vineyard there is also a smaller garden with various types of fruit, a gardening shed, a wine cellar with a wine maker, a rather large kitchen, and a large bedroom and bathroom.

Furnished: 100,459
Unfurnished: 43,687

Front View:

Back View:

Floor Plan

Extra Pictures:

At Night

CC Used (a lot of names I know, but I some creators I only used one item...lol):
armiel (MTS)
QBuilderz (MTS)
Milina Sims
Desdren
Around The Sims
Porkypine
Suza
IMHO
Mango Sims
sim_man123 (TSR)
Pilar
Cashcraft (TSR)
Angela (TSR)
Simmami
SIMcredible Designs
BuffASummer (TSR)
Sasilia (TSR)
Luna Sims
Roan
The Sims 3 Store
Jope
NewOne
Simplan-X
PralineSims
Sims3D
Gosik (TSR)
Anoeska (TSR)
orangemittens (MTS)
Awesims
pyszny16
Cemre (TSR)
DOT (TSR)
RicciNumbers (TSR)
www,sims3.simsdesignavenue.net
Mensure (TSR)
Lemoncandy
Shino&KCR (TSR)

Tattoos are like stories--they are symbolic of the important moments in your life!

Abruzzi Legacy --> http://abruzzilegacy.blogspot.com/
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#178 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 9:09 PM
Just a -little- CC you got there, mommy (ETA: I hit on the funny button just due to this)

Few more entries missing, but there is still time! Great lots everyone, who has posted their round two already
Alchemist
#179 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 10:45 PM
For anyone who's interested, my Round 1 lot has been uploaded -> here.

I'm going to be pushing it for time for round 3, I think. I've got a lot on for the next week and a half, so hopefully Q's in a good mood when he makes the foundation and it's not too hard.
Forum Resident
#180 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 10:49 PM
All right, so the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that foundation was*: modern house*! It would have made perfect sense to take full advantage of all the weird angles but I wanted to try something different and I was sooo inspired... until I started getting stuck and running out of time to make something decent out if it

Here's my middle-eastern inspired house

Front picture:

Back picture:

CC content:
- Sims store
- Luna from LunaSimsLulamai

BTW, thanks for the grade. It's always an eye opener. I used to think I sucked at landscaping. Turns out it's been my redeeming quality
So far at least^^

Scholar
#181 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 10:52 PM
Round 3 I'll have plenty of time, but Round 4 I'll be out of the country with sporadic internet, so it'll be interesting what I can manage to create without access to tutorials.

My lots have also been uploaded and can be found at the following:

Round 1 : Family Retreat

Round 2 : Modern Hideaway

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Test Subject
#182 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Just a -little- CC you got there, mommy (ETA: I hit on the funny button just due to this)

Few more entries missing, but there is still time! Great lots everyone, who has posted their round two already

Lol, yea it does seem like a ton when it is written out but it just looks that way because most of those I only used one item but then others I used quite a bit. :D

Tattoos are like stories--they are symbolic of the important moments in your life!

Forum Resident
#183 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 4:25 AM
**dabs sweat off brows of Round 2 contestants**
Brav-o everyone!

Such varied house styles, too!
There's a lot of creativity up in this thread!
I lurve it!

CreativeMommy~
I cannot resist... Have you seen this nifty sampler?

Self-admitted CC freak here. And, yes, I have it^ in my game
Test Subject
#184 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 12:47 PM
Finally ungrounded! Glad I submitted my round two entry as soon as I finished it, instead of waiting. xD
Test Subject
#185 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlayinSafe
**dabs sweat off brows of Round 2 contestants**
Brav-o everyone!

Such varied house styles, too!
There's a lot of creativity up in this thread!
I lurve it!

CreativeMommy~
I cannot resist... Have you seen this nifty sampler?

Self-admitted CC freak here. And, yes, I have it^ in my game

Haha! No I have not seen that before but I love it! Now everyone has seen how obsessed I am with CC. *hides away* I'm sorry, I just don't like a lot of the EA stuff, CC is just so purty, I can't help it. :D

Forum Resident
#186 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 2:22 PM
Oh, CreativeMommy, no need to hide away & don't apologize! **there there**
I totally agree with you
And just when I say Nope! My game can't take anymore!... someone comes along with a must have! And the spree begins! LOL

Fuzzlechan! Welcome back!
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlayinSafe
Oh, CreativeMommy, no need to hide away & don't apologize! **there there**
I totally agree with you
And just when I say Nope! My game can't take anymore!... someone comes along with a must have! And the spree begins! LOL

Fuzzlechan! Welcome back!

Lol, I hear you. The only reason I don't have so much right now is that I had all of mine stored on an external hard-drive, which died. I recently had to reformat my main drive, so I lost everything I had and have had to start re-downloading stuff.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#188 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 3:08 PM
ROUND 2 IS OVER

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Inventor
#189 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 4:13 PM
Whew! Let the judging commence!

So excited to take a nice, long look at everyone's entries. From what I have seen so far - it looks like everyone did a frakking fantastic job.

"Goonies never say die."
Scholar
#190 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 6:26 PM
Onto the judging, folks! A lot of lovely houses to ogle over the next day or two! :D
Test Subject
#191 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
ROUND 2 IS OVER
It's still the 1st of August where I live.
Scholar
#192 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kuyke001

There was a countdown timer below the Round 2 banner in the first post. It's been there since the round began.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#193 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kuyke001

Like ReyaD said above there was a timer under the round two post. Of course it was taken into consideration that so many of us stay in different time zones and thats the reason for the timer so that we all have an official base reference time irrespective of time our zone
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#194 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 9:21 PM
I ended this round the same way as the first round; it ended ON August 1st (11:59:59 July 31st)

However, I'm not a stickler. If you can try and get it in today/tomorrow morning, that'd be fine.

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#195 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 3:19 AM
Here is my belated entry. I misunderstood the directions.

Cool Breeze by CynKuy
Furnished 56,370
Unfurnished 32,589

Possible Packs Used: Ambitions, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Late Night, Barnacle Bay, Lunar Lakes, Hidden Springs.

Front of Cool Breeze:

Roof top view:

Second floor plan:

Side View:

Rear View:

First floor plan:

Study two views:

Husband is a dancing machine.

Kitchen:

Bedroom:

I didn't use any CC.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#196 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 5:03 PM
ROUND 3 FOUNDATION POSTED

SCORES PENDING

UNLIKE THE PREVIOUS ROUNDS, YOU WILL HAVE UNTIL THE END OF THE DAY ON THE 12th TO FINISH YOUR ENTRY (see the countdown, just to be sure!)

Forum Resident
#197 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 8:29 PM
Q, you sly dog. I love the new foundation

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#198 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 9:53 PM
I have a question, is flattening the lot in the front considered "altering the foundation" or "adjusting the height", because you said we could do whatever with the terrain, so I got rid of one of the holes in the lawn. The foundation is the same height and shape, I just wanted to make sure it isn't against the rules.

PM me with a request!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#199 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Perfectionist
I have a question, is flattening the lot in the front considered "altering the foundation" or "adjusting the height", because you said we could do whatever with the terrain, so I got rid of one of the holes in the lawn. The foundation is the same height and shape, I just wanted to make sure it isn't against the rules.

Ah, I meant to clarify this! Yeah, you are completely allowed to edit the terrain still. If you feel like you still need the 4 click height to work, you can raise the terrain/lower it/etc.

Field Researcher
retired moderator
#200 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
Ah, I meant to clarify this! Yeah, you are completely allowed to edit the terrain still. If you feel like you still need the 4 click height to work, you can raise the terrain/lower it/etc.

Perfect...I don't have to change my house then, thanks!

PM me with a request!
Page 8 of 16