3 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#34276 Old Today at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Is it safe to delete a pregnancy token in SimPE, or should I go in-game to terminate it?

It seems to be the only way to remove a pregnancy from a townie (don't ask) as on all the tools I've tried "terminate pregnancy" is only available to household Sims.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#34277 Old Today at 6:15 AM
Do the abdomen and locomotion animations go away on their own? My ToLD has no such restriction, but I rarely make people pregnant, so I don't know if it works fully.
Mad Poster
#34278 Old Today at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
In my Pleasantview Cassandra has a want to have a baby, although she's not in relationship. Is this normal?

Yep. All family sims, pretty much regardless of relationship status (but especially in a relationship, and when married), rolls the baby want at some point. It's often one of the first thing they roll. It's also one of the first things they'll roll after having a baby
Mad Poster
#34279 Old Today at 7:27 AM
Big wants like having a baby for family sims are wants that they roll when they are at low (or about to be low) aspiration. Since sims start with absolutely neutral aspiration, that counts as "low" for the system and they start rolling those big wants. If you keep them permanently in platinum, they generally only roll wants for babies when they get married, or after they've had another baby, or one of their children has just aged up.
Mad Poster
#34280 Old Today at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Do the abdomen and locomotion animations go away on their own? My ToLD has no such restriction, but I rarely make people pregnant, so I don't know if it works fully.

Is there any special animations for first trimester? I just checked and SimPE does have a Pregnant (Invisible) flag checked but I'm not sure what it does.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#34281 Old Today at 8:02 AM
I've heard people claim that their sims walk slightly differently in the first trimester, but I've never noticed a difference. I think the belly at least does not go away if you terminate the pregnancy after the first trimester, which is I think why usually the option is only available on modded objects during the first trimester.
Mad Poster
#34282 Old Today at 8:04 AM
If I use the Sim Locomotor to make a Sim walk with a pregnant style, they do that exaggerated walk (which honestly looks hilarious when there's no pregnant belly).

Mad Poster
#34283 Old Today at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Big wants like having a baby for family sims are wants that they roll when they are at low (or about to be low) aspiration. Since sims start with absolutely neutral aspiration, that counts as "low" for the system and they start rolling those big wants. If you keep them permanently in platinum, they generally only roll wants for babies when they get married, or after they've had another baby, or one of their children has just aged up.

Considering that Andrew mentioned that Cassandra "spectacularly fell out" with Don, that would point to a possible low aspiration.

Mad Poster
#34284 Old Today at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Big wants like having a baby for family sims are wants that they roll when they are at low (or about to be low) aspiration.

Not necessarily. They also get triggered by events/event trees and related wants, even when the sim is at a high aspiration. I try to keep my sims at high green/platinum aspiration, and they often roll the high-point wants.

The baby want gets triggered by positive changes in their relationship status, especially if you've got a couple turtledoves getting on, and once they're engaged/married/etc. the baby want is usually the first one popping up for family sims (and by then my sims usually have platinum aspiration...). I've had single sims rolling it, too (usually when first moving in, from CAS).

(I play with mostly unmodded wants/fears).
Scholar
#34285 Old Today at 12:38 PM
This is my anecdotal observation, and I have no hard evidence of this, but I have restarted Pleasantview enough times to believe that there are some wants that the premades are programmed to have that they normally wouldn't (other than the obvious ones that push the storylines). Cassandra is a family Sim, so it would be normal for her to want to just have a baby, but I've noticed that she always has that want starting out (before getting left at the altar, if that's what happens), along with wanting to marry Don and talk to Darren. Mortimer has a want to flirt with Nina for some reason--game making trouble? Dina has also rolled the want to have a baby before getting married quite often when I've played her, which I interpreted as her wanting to "baby trap" Mortimer into marriage.
Mad Poster
#34286 Old Today at 12:43 PM
^ That's quite likely.

Also, adult family sims usually have the baby want as one of their first wants directly from CAS, but also sometimes at the point of growing from teen to adult (if it's not the "find love" want, or both).

Married family sims from CAS always have the baby want (so far I don't think I've seen a single exception, and I've made plenty enough family sims from CAS...).
Mad Poster
#34287 Old Today at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
This is my anecdotal observation, and I have no hard evidence of this, but I have restarted Pleasantview enough times to believe that there are some wants that the premades are programmed to have that they normally wouldn't (other than the obvious ones that push the storylines). Cassandra is a family Sim, so it would be normal for her to want to just have a baby, but I've noticed that she always has that want starting out (before getting left at the altar, if that's what happens), along with wanting to marry Don and talk to Darren. Mortimer has a want to flirt with Nina for some reason--game making trouble? Dina has also rolled the want to have a baby before getting married quite often when I've played her, which I interpreted as her wanting to "baby trap" Mortimer into marriage.

In the wants tree, there is a want called "IAmGothCassandra" - a scripted want, I'm not sure specifically what it is. There's also wants for two characters from a British sitcom (???)

I opened up the Pleasantview template from the game folder and here's Cassandra's initial SWAF.

Screenshots

Scholar
#34288 Old Today at 2:18 PM
Fawlty Towers? That's hilarious! I absolutely loved that show. If you can get hold of any episodes, it's well worth a watch. But what does it mean? Was it just for testing? Maybe a developer was a fan? Puzzled.
Page 1372 of 1372