Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13501 Old 12th Oct 2024 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wow, you have a lot of townies. But then I have the no townie spawning hacks, so I have no idea how many naturally spawn.
Well, Maxis Veronaville came with 30 townies, and Downtown with about 50 Downtownies. I have Tarlia's version of Bluewater. It didn't have all the Maxis Bluewater townies but had about 18 of them. So that means I had about 98 Maxis townies -- just short of a hundred. However quite a few of those have become playables over the years. A quick check in SimPE says that I've made 18 Downtownies and Veronaville townies into playables. I think all my Bluewater townies are still townies. So that leaves about 80 Maxis townies in our Veronaville. So where did all the rest come from? One was generated by the townie tree: a female teen called Sienna McGonagall. (She shares her surname with the [in]famous Scottish poet William McGonagall, and also with a character in Harry Potter.) All the rest -- over a hundred -- I made in CAS. I generally start off with a Sim generated by the randomizer, but then usually tweak them to make sure they're unique. As I'm sure you've noticed, I then generally dress them in sexy clothes, since that's what most modern Veronavillians wear. (It's a centre of the avant garde fashion business, developed recently out of centuries of textiles trade and manufacture.) It's also worth mentioning that some seven or eight of my CAS townies have gone on to become playable. This includes Carla Cameron and her teenage son Dean Cameron. Carla recently married Bianca Monty to become Carla Monty.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm also surprised that you have so many adults. From your stories I'd have imagined Veronaville as 75% teens lol.
I can understand why you'd think that! I think I likely spend 75 to 80% of my Simming time playing teens, while leaving the adults to do what they're best at -- earning the money that my teens need to buy the things they want! In general I think I just find teens more fun to play! Never having got married, have kids, or even been in a proper relationship, I suspect in many ways I still think like a teen. And I do spend an inordinate amount of time playing (and posting about) a certain computer video game! Now that my mother is no longer here to order me to bed, I'm often playing long after midnight. So I apologise for my lack of maturity -- even Andrew thinks that I'm immature!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13502 Old 12th Oct 2024 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I can understand why you'd think that! I think I likely spend 75 to 80% of my Simming time playing teens, while leaving the adults to do what they're best at -- earning the money that my teens need to buy the things they want!

I am officially offended on behalf of your sim adults lol!
Instructor
#13503 Old 12th Oct 2024 at 8:56 PM
Ever had your game crash, and when you're re-playing the lost progress, something completely unexpected happens of the story takes a sudden turn? Which is something that would've never happened if the game hadn't crashed...
Top Secret Researcher
#13504 Old 13th Oct 2024 at 11:40 PM
I just got the evil idea to make life even harder for my sims! Now in order for uneducated and inexperienced sims to get a job, they must first find my "Job seeker" career (represents landing job interviews). Then they must go to at least 3 job interviews (represented by the work days in that career), and after that they'll have 1/3 chance to get a job each day. The job seeker career itself pays $0 per day. (Is that even possible? Haven't made the career yet.)

While they're seeking jobs actively (meaning they have the Job seeker career or are looking for it every day), they get welfare from the state. $115 per day per sim from the president. I was looking for ways to make my president family actually spend the tax money that they receive each week from each family, rather than never doing anything with it other than paying bills. More ideas are welcome!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13505 Old Yesterday at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
While they're seeking jobs actively (meaning they have the Job seeker career or are looking for it every day), they get welfare from the state. $115 per day per sim from the president. I was looking for ways to make my president family actually spend the tax money that they receive each week from each family, rather than never doing anything with it other than paying bills. More ideas are welcome!
At first I thought you were being really mean, but then I remembered that I played the Newsons (six mouths to feed) for ten real years with the §125 a day from Gavin's teen medical job as their only income! Gavin and Ginger would have thought §115 per Sim per day absolute luxury. Gavin is about the only teenage boy in all our Veronaville who doesn't own a pair of shorts -- because he can't afford to buy them. Moreover Gavin only works five days a week, so he only gets paid for five days a week. Do yours get welfare every day? (i.e. 7 days a week?)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13506 Old Yesterday at 12:52 AM
(Is that even possible? Haven't made the career yet.)

Yes. I believe is also possible to have negative incomes.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#13507 Old Yesterday at 1:38 AM
At first I thought you were being really mean, but then I remembered that I played the Newsons (six mouths to feed) for ten real years with the §125 a day from Gavin's teen medical job as their only income! Gavin and Ginger would have thought §115 per Sim per day absolute luxury. Gavin is about the only teenage boy in all our Veronaville who doesn't own a pair of shorts -- because he can't afford to buy them. Moreover Gavin only works five days a week, so he only gets paid for five days a week. Do yours get welfare every day? (i.e. 7 days a week?)

I also have 10x higher bills and bills come every day except Sunday. And taxes to the state every Sunday (except for those on welfare). So it's not that luxurious!
No, they'll get welfare 5 days a week. I've yet to try it out in game, I just got the idea. But I'm thinking welfare will be on a case by case basis, if its still too hard to cover basic necessities, they'll get a bit more. Or less if they're suddenly able to have a fun life we can't have that

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Yes. I believe is also possible to have negative incomes.

Hmm, I don't know about that, I tried making such a career a few years ago and it glitched if I tried setting a negative salary. Recently I edited some careers to have higher salary and if I crossed the 16-bit integer ($32,767) for weekly salary, it would glitch out so that their pension (which is calculated based on the weekly salary), would become negative. But that didn't mean it would actually deduct from the family funds each day, you would just get the popups but nothing would happen. The game won't actually let you have a negative pension. Same goes for salary I think. It was a long time ago I tried with that career so I can't say for sure but I know it's the case for pensions at least so I think the same goes for salary.
Mad Poster
#13508 Old Yesterday at 12:02 PM

You'd think that the Newsons would be eligible for some sort of government payout for the children, seeing as they have no adults in the house and are subsisting on a part time job with low wages. Mind you, the toddlers should have grown up and started going to school within ten years lol.

Hmm, I don't know about that, I tried making such a career a few years ago and it glitched if I tried setting a negative salary. Recently I edited some careers to have higher salary and if I crossed the 16-bit integer ($32,767) for weekly salary, it would glitch out so that their pension (which is calculated based on the weekly salary), would become negative. But that didn't mean it would actually deduct from the family funds each day, you would just get the popups but nothing would happen. The game won't actually let you have a negative pension. Same goes for salary I think. It was a long time ago I tried with that career so I can't say for sure but I know it's the case for pensions at least so I think the same goes for salary.

I know that the Freelancer career at least has 0 income, so 0 is possible.
Page 541 of 541