3 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#14851 Old Yesterday at 4:10 AM Last edited by grinevilly : Yesterday at 7:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
So Grinivelly was being funny? Dang UNFUNNY!

Quite right... imagine the absurdity of claiming something's "very big" when it's merely "large"... now THAT's comic genius! A very large ass was laughed off... must've taken hours and hours and hours on end.

Now, on to something completely different!

Why should scaring be limited only to ghosts? I wonder if scaring could be unlocked to allow sims to scare one another. A plain sim scaring another sim ought not be out of the question... But witches, vampires and werewolves are all naturally scary, and at the very least, they should be able to frighten others. Maybe the impact of sim on sim scares wouldn't be so severe. Getting startled by someone is one thing... having a zombie pop out and scare you is something else entirely!

I don't think plant sims or servos are terribly terrifying. Aliens may be able to frighten you... Big Foot, I dunno. Maybe Big Foot should have a Big Foot ROAR that can scare people, or something like that. The only one left is a genie, and who's afraid of a genie? No one.

So let's review:
  • Vampires, Zombies, Werewolves and Witches can scare
  • Genies, Plantsims and Servos do not
  • Aliens -- TBD
  • Big Foots (Big Feet?) modified, via 'ROAR!'

Perhaps regular sims (or any sims, really) can scare, but the impact on motives is a fraction of what being scared by a scary supernatural would be. And the impact can vary, based on whether sims know each other, are friends, their mood, and their personality... a playful sim would likely be much more forgiving than a serious sim.

The interaction already exists! It would just be a matter of connecting it and making it available for non-ghosts... and then tweaking it to be less severe for mortals and un-terrifying sorts.

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Prior Workshop : Slots Odyssey!!
This Workshop is a guide to adding container slots to your object! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14852 Old Yesterday at 10:38 AM
You are a hoot. You claimed the addon was "very big" when it was tiny. I guess you're trying to make yourself look better here. It's ok to be wrong, and it would be dumb to assume that you had opened up a mod you don't even use in SimPE, although you might have read the description. You just have to not throw a fit when corrected.

Vampires already scare people when they look in their coffins, and they also go around doing the "bleh" interaction, and werewolves already scare sims by howling autonomously.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14853 Old Yesterday at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
But you like RUSH, so your taste is impeccable. How can I argue??

Mad Poster
#14854 Old Yesterday at 2:11 PM Last edited by Charity : Yesterday at 2:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You are a hoot. You claimed the addon was "very big" when it was tiny. I guess you're trying to make yourself look better here. It's ok to be wrong, and it would be dumb to assume that you had opened up a mod you don't even use in SimPE, although you might have read the description. You just have to not throw a fit when corrected.

Vampires already scare people when they look in their coffins, and they also go around doing the "bleh" interaction, and werewolves already scare sims by howling autonomously.

FFS, am I the only one that knew that the 'very big' mod he was talking about was this https://modthesims.info/d/303969/pe...ed-to-v1-2.html and not the Game Edition Add-On?

Even the creator says in his description that it's 'a huge number of fixes and changes'. The one I linked only affected strays and therefore was much smaller and less complicated.

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Does anyone have more information on this? All I've ever heard is "they're dodgy" but never any specific details.

BoilingOil had a whole lot of reasons he mentioned on Leefish, but I can't find the thread.
Scholar
#14855 Old Yesterday at 2:33 PM
Seems like a waste of two globals and a potential for conflict for something as simple. The second script could probably be made even smaller by comparing the flags field with and=, and done inline where needed. Apartments detection is one additional line with Set to Next, and Mansion is test object type on one of its new windows. Then they don't need to give instructions to install X in addition.

Other humanoids can't do exactly what ghosts do because they can't realistically disappear completely to sneak up. You might have to create a new condition where the action ends if the target person sees the approaching guy. What you can reuse from the Tombstone is only the scare animation.
Mad Poster
#14856 Old Yesterday at 2:40 PM
Okay, but does anyone really actually care?
Mad Poster
#14857 Old Yesterday at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Seems like a waste of two globals and a potential for conflict for something as simple. The second script could probably be made even smaller by comparing the flags field with and=, and done inline where needed. Apartments detection is one additional line with Set to Next, and Mansion is test object type on one of its new windows. Then they don't need to give instructions to install X in addition.

Other humanoids can't do exactly what ghosts do because they can't realistically disappear completely to sneak up. You might have to create a new condition where the action ends if the target person sees the approaching guy. What you can reuse from the Tombstone is only the scare animation.

The ninja can sneak, can't he? Could use that animation.
just a girl
#14858 Old Yesterday at 3:49 PM
I wonder if nicknames play a role here. Who wouldn't be suspicious of a very big mod from a dumbfool dickhurt? :D

I have a few of their mods. Puppy/kitten/toddler riders has room for improvement, but it works. There may be something I don't know, I just wanted to make a joke.
Mad Poster
#14859 Old Yesterday at 6:39 PM
Sigh, these idiots won't stop until they get spanked by a mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#14860 Old Yesterday at 6:57 PM
This probably wouldn't happen as often if everyone would read what other people wrote.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14861 Old Yesterday at 7:04 PM
Everyone, please be nice! It really doesn't matter who said what and who is right or wrong, there are no benes to earn in this forum.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14862 Old Yesterday at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
BoilingOil had a whole lot of reasons he mentioned on Leefish, but I can't find the thread.

Could it instead been on Simbology? I remember BO used to hang out over there until it closed.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#14863 Old Yesterday at 9:24 PM
Only thing I could find was BO saying he used a few of Dickhurt's small mods. Someone linked me to his mod that let sims sit while feeding a baby, and it caused some glitchiness that wasn't game-breaking, just Sims moving weirdly. It didn't make the cut to go into my main downloads folder because of that, and because the mod did a bunch of other things. I'd rather download several separate mods than a package bundled with numerous features that I might not want to keep.

It's a good idea to go through the comments section on old mods to see the feedback they got. Though keep in mind that they're from the era where people thought using boolprop caused errors and that twinsr2cute was a real cheat.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14864 Old Yesterday at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
and that twinsr2cute was a real cheat.

YOU MEAN IT ISN'T???
Mad Poster
#14865 Old Yesterday at 9:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Yesterday at 9:53 PM.
The "forcetwins" cheat + cheesecake are the only ingame ones that work - although I'm not entirely sure if the "Forcetwins" one was introduced in the early games, or in OFB along with the cheesecake, which could be the source of all the speculation.

I vaguely remember trying the variations of twin cheats several years back, though. No success

The mod for sitting while feeding the baby - if I remember somewhat correctly, it didn't work very well. I'm guessing the extracted/salvaged animations and such from the original action likely lacked several bits and pieces.
Mad Poster
#14866 Old Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Literally no idea what this is supposed to mean, are you having some kind of episode.

I posted a screenshot showing that the game edition addon is less than 2 kb and only 2 bhavs. I later deleted it because arguing with grin is pointless waste of time.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#14867 Old Today at 3:32 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Per you, vampires do something they don't do, when they do something under a completely separate set of circumstances...

Sorry, are you actually denying that this gameplay exists? Lmao.

Really? It DOES exist? A vampire sim can go around scaring other sims the way ghosts do? Fascinating. Why don't you explain to us how to make that happen in game... give us some detailed instructions. I'd like to hear.

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Prior Workshop : Slots Odyssey!!
This Workshop is a guide to adding container slots to your object! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Mad Poster
#14868 Old Today at 3:37 AM
There's a 'Bleh' social interaction that lowers the bladder motives of other Sims but I'm not sure if it's autonomous or not.

Mad Poster
#14869 Old Today at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Really? It DOES exist? A vampire sim can go around scaring other sims the way ghosts do? Fascinating. Why don't you explain to us how to make that happen in game... give us some detailed instructions. I'd like to hear.

-gE
>=)

No, the feature that I described exists: vampires will scare sims when they look in their coffins, and when awake they can scare sims using the "bleh" interaction. You can't just make up some random crap that I didn't say and then say that I'm wrong about something I never said.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14870 Old Today at 8:46 AM
I would really like a hack to make everyone stop arguing so that I could get on with talking about the game.
Mad Poster
#14871 Old Today at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I would really like a hack to make everyone stop arguing so that I could get on with talking about the game.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1286.0

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#14872 Old Today at 9:55 AM
ATTENTION!!

I have now created a hack per simsamples wish! If I have to come back here because grinevilly and kestrylln like to bait and argue each other, they'll both lose their posting privs in this forum.

Please don't make me do this. You both contribute something different to the discussion. However, you make the forum uncomfortable for everyone else. I suggest you each mutually block each other if you want to continue to participate in discussions.

You both have the ability to continuously debate. This forum isn't a debate.
Mad Poster
#14873 Old Today at 11:36 AM
A hack that makes it so if a teen runs away, there's a dialog of whether to send them to a new household in the family bin.

Mad Poster
#14874 Old Today at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Could it instead been on Simbology? I remember BO used to hang out over there until it closed.

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Only thing I could find was BO saying he used a few of Dickhurt's small mods. Someone linked me to his mod that let sims sit while feeding a baby, and it caused some glitchiness that wasn't game-breaking, just Sims moving weirdly. It didn't make the cut to go into my main downloads folder because of that, and because the mod did a bunch of other things. I'd rather download several separate mods than a package bundled with numerous features that I might not want to keep.

It's a good idea to go through the comments section on old mods to see the feedback they got. Though keep in mind that they're from the era where people thought using boolprop caused errors and that twinsr2cute was a real cheat.

I'm pretty sure that was where I read it. Do you have a link?
Mad Poster
#14875 Old Today at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm pretty sure that was where I read it. Do you have a link?

https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthr...=34498#pid34498
Page 595 of 595