Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That's not true. Mine is nowhere near my game folder and it works fine.

I agree, there is no need for other programs to go into the Download folder. All my tools are in a folder called Sims 2 Tools inside my EA folder, for convenience. I am sure they would work just as well on my Desktop.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 9:59 PM
Whatever the case with which version of HCDU, or where to put it, when I ran it it gave no help.
What I DID find was something in the LOG folder...anyone?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#28 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
...It's apparently a little more flexible and doesn't have to be put IN the Downloads folder (I've had some utilities do weird stuff if they were in the Downloads folder), as long as it's under "EA Games".

I have yet to come across a player-made TS2 utility program that needs to be placed in the TS2 Downloads folder. They'll work from pretty much anywhere else (and you really shouldn't put them in Downloads).

They usually need to have their file paths to the Downloads and/or The Sims 2 and/or install location properly set, though.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Whatever the case with which version of HCDU, or where to put it, when I ran it it gave no help.
What I DID find was something in the LOG folder...anyone?

It needs to read through your Downloads folder, so make sure you've set it up properly with the right path(s).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 10:57 PM
It did not give me the option to "find the download folder", but certainly looks like that is what it looked at.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 3:29 AM
Did you not download the one you were linked to on WhoWard's site?

If this is too hard for you, just do a binary search.
Page 2 of 2