Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2024 at 3:51 PM
Default Modern bathroom tiles
It's so easy to find gorgeous retro tiles but I find it very hard to find tiles that aren't outdated and look like your average bathroom from 2008. Does anyone know where can I find tiles like these? I'm looking for lots of stones in neutral colors, black and white, so the basics. I would be so grateful for anything similar.
Screenshots
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Sep 2024 at 9:26 PM
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Sep 2024 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
It's so easy to find gorgeous retro tiles but I find it very hard to find tiles that aren't outdated and look like your average bathroom from 2008. Does anyone know where can I find tiles like these? I'm looking for lots of stones in neutral colors, black and white, so the basics. I would be so grateful for anything similar.

I found some solid marble: https://fias-finds-sims2.tumblr.com...le-walls-set-12
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2024 at 4:23 PM
thanks guys! I'll try to make these work
Mad Poster
#5 Old Today at 12:28 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : Today at 5:36 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
Sorry @moonlight__ for being so slow in replying. I use Jcasjr's Simple and Clean Bathroom Tiles and her "Simple and Clean" Bathroom tiles and Floors V2. For modern houses, I think the V2 versions look a bit better than the first versions, which to me can look a little bit 1930s, especially the coloured tiles. To be honest I only discovered the V2 tiles after you posted your WTF, though I've been using the first set for years. I've now downloaded the second set too, and will be using them in most new-build housing. I think white (or near white) tiles are most appropriate in newer houses. Here is a bathroom in a newly built house in Pleasantview:

(My Sims usually shower naked, but Douglas Wylie kindly put on his swimming trunks so I could share this picture.)

The wall tiling in this picture is from Jcasjr's second set. Note the variation in pattern, with smaller tiles half way up the wall, though it's also available with the same size of tiles throughout. The floor tiling in this bathroom is actually from Jcasjr's original set. I might have got a better match, had I used floor tiles from her second set, but I'm not changing the floor tiles while Dougie is taking his shower!

The bathroom tiles in my 2019 real life house are white, but they actually have an odd textured effect, which means suction cups won't stick to them! However they only used in the parts of the bathroom most likely to get splashed -- behind handbasins, inside the en suite shower, and originally half way up the walls round the bath. We have since converted the bath to a bath/shower combi. Unfortunately the men who did this removed the tiles, and replaced them with white waterproof plastic panels extending up to the ceiling. I would rather have extended the tiling up to the ceiling, but this would have been too expensive. So it seems that these big plastic panels are the new alternative to tiling. I've no idea if anyone has made them for Sims 2, but anyway I really prefer tiles! What about the other non-tiled walls in my bathroom? They're just painted white. Think Maxis "Paste" paint with white wood kick moulding! Actually the builders finished the entire interior of my house in that style!

By the way the shower is Numenor's naughty shower from our sister adult site Sexy Sims. I use it quite a lot when providing housing for impoverished Sims, as it only costs §25, as opposed to §625 for the cheapest Maxis base game shower.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6 Old Today at 12:49 PM
Nice tiles, but your links both go to the same page.
Field Researcher
#7 Old Today at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__

I was just searching for some walls myself, and found this blog that has modern walls and floors, some of them large tiles: https://pinkastyle.blogspot.com/search/label/walls

https://pinkastyle.blogspot.com/search/label/floors

The Hugo and Areia sets look promising.
Mad Poster
#8 Old Today at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Nice tiles, but your links both go to the same page.
Thanks Charity! I've fixed it now.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.