Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 8:11 PM
Default ijl15.dll bad image error Sims University
ok, since I wasnt getting any feedback about it down below and I really want to play this right now can someone help me out.. I also have emailed EA about this as well but that wont get back till tomorrow at the least.

I finally got uni working and I started to play it, well just after it started working.. then an error popps up and I have to click it about 5 times to go away, this is what it says.It pops up with every new window in the game, IE. creating a person, the numbers to the side.

sims2ep1.exe bad image error, the file ijl15.dll is not "real" - (another word was used, can't remember what it was) please check this file with your installation diskette.

the file is in the TSBIN folder under uni and also on the cd... someone got any idea? I searched on Yahoo and it is a jpeg converter?????? any clue what could cause this and what can be done to fix it?? Please help quickly I would like to see how uni is and get some screens up for the ones asking for them...!!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 8:19 PM
Wish I could help you, but I haven't installed my EP as yet. I'm waiting for after dinner when I have some alone time.
Instructor
#3 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 9:12 PM
Well I just checked and I don't have University yet, but I do have that file in my TSBin directory so it must be something that comes with the original Sims2 game and not specific to University.

Have you tried locating the file on the University and/or original Sims 2 CD and copying over to \Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin ?

The other thing I was thinking is mayber it's not the dll itself but a jpg image the game is trying to load that's corrupted. Of course I am just taking a stab in the dark here.
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 3:05 AM
hi, sorry for the delay.. have been playing it like mad.. and I dont understand why everyone is saying long load times... mine goes super fast through everything... I fixed the problem.. ran the cleaninstall program and it found a bad file... a 40in projection screen dl i had and i deleted it and voila.. it works! so thanks all for the help